Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 02:12:48 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Print
Author Topic: Plat and No-Drop  (Read 28483 times)
Kenshou

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2013, 01:56:43 pm »

I keep everything on my Warrior, all the Essences, all the SLS, all the plat i have and extra strike augs from Halloween event. 40 anguish and 30 Loping plains on him now that are of no use. I am really disappointed to see this harsh of a penalty,
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2013, 01:57:35 pm »

I hope this is correct, Nexxel.  Seems a knee-jerk reaction to someone's cheating.  I think it would be a great idea to "lock-down" the server and investigate and ban-the-dog-shit out of everyone who is cheating!

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2013, 03:23:51 pm »

We have had several dupe bugs in the past.

A good way to prevent 99% of dupe bugs, both known and unknown, is having stuff lore and no-drop.

Today we are hopefully fixing 2 more dupe bugs.

Figured a no-drop flag on certain items in question would help to lock things down until I figure out the full extent of whats going on, and how its being done. Deleting your stuff won't work since I have backups to look at.

Originally when I figured out something was going on, I thought it was the new source code allowing F2P/RoF client which does have dupe bugs and is why I disabled it for now. I thought maybe the few hours that RoF client was allowed is when players duped everything, but I can see stuff was duped before that update, so it wasn't RoF.

So the dupe bugs was not new source code. It was something else and hopefully its fixed now.

There is better than 50% chance that no-drop will remain on essences and their final recipe combines. Two reason for this. In case another dupe bug comes up in the future. Second, low level players don't need to be running around with high level augs, SoA, or anything else that essences make. Otherwise I just might as well make all armor tradeable. You can still buy rots off each other like with charm upgrades. At least this way you at least have to be flagged for the zone to get someones rot. A player with a SoA XLV and Strike IX is like a Super Power Level to T6 or T7.

Over the years, essences and their recipe rewards have become just too powerful and too much of a power level for noobs. Someone suggested making an item on a vendor in each custom zone required in recipes to make sure that even if a player bought the essence they are still flagged for zone that the essence drops in. This might be a possible cheap fix, and there might be other possible fixes in the recipes to make sure noobs don't wield a Strike IX. We'll work on that later.

If there is any chance of taking off the no-drop tags, then I would have to wipe (DELETE) all the essencess and non-inserted augments from everyone since the market is insanely flooded with these items now. There are 1,000's of Essence of Loping Plains already and that zone just came out! Even we do vote for a wipe all essences/augs to make them tradeable again, I'd have to find a way to make them not useable by noobs, such as revamping a lot of recipes first.

Server should be back up now. Going to test some stuff real quick, then I'll unlock it.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2013, 03:27:02 pm »

How can a noob use a Strike 9? Requires a 7.0

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2013, 03:30:08 pm »

Ok, strike 8's

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Khaoticz

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2013, 03:32:31 pm »

Still won't help us who earned our augs and essences, now they will remain stuck on the characters we had them on, useless forever and wasted tons of money we spent hours to make. I can see a lot of players either quitting new or old over this, because that's time we will never get back
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2013, 03:33:34 pm »

Hunter,

If you are able to determine who the cheaters are, I fully support bans and deletions.  There are, however, a large majority of us who have played by the rules and have also used a single toon to bank important items for our toons, and in some cases for our guilds.

I hope that you can find a way to do this without deletion of a lot of people's hard work, and without maintaining the no-drop tag on essences and strike augs.  N00bs can't end up with strike 9 augs without a 7.0, and for that they need to complete the armour for every tier up to T6.

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
krakon

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2013, 03:35:25 pm »

There are several posts on here referring to how they played by the rules but do all the looting, storing, crafting, etc. with one character and now all of that farming for other chars is in vain.  Many of us have invested many hours/days into this process and it was changed with no notice.  We understand the reason you did this but if it is more than temporary it is kind of a slap in the face for the time and effort we have put into this server.

Would it be possible after your bans and lockdowns to have a 24 or 48 hour period for folks to move stuff around to the chars that really need items and then going forward it is no drop?  I know this isn't what most would like but it at least gives them an opportunity to make it right.
Poker-ecaf

i found my true love ! ( EZ 4ever )

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2013, 03:37:14 pm »

Epic changing ;p

1.5-4.0 Slot type 1 and 2 ( IS NS FS V max )

4.5-6.0 slot type 3 and 4 ( IS NS FS I up to VIII useable ) now noobs cant use Mega Strike augments

SotA extra mold on upgrade need 1-5 Qvic Mold can buy for 0 PP in Qvic Entrance Vendor / 6-10 Tacvi Mold 0 pp Tacvi Entrance / ................................ 41-45 Loping Mold 0 PP from Lopingplains Vendor at entrance ;p now u need a flag to use the stuff !!!

by the way same u can use for Strike augs but now problem is tradeable better 2 system of slots and augs !

what ever u can bind need the mold and only able to use if flagged and the mold are able for no-drop ;p how looks that ?

jstraw101
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2013, 03:37:32 pm »

Possible way to keep augs used for toons flagged for certain tiers is to make them only useable on the >= corresponding Tier

Epic 3.0   - up to IV  (or w/e for the aug type)
Epic 3.5   - up to VI
Epic 4.0   - up to VII  

Something to that effect.      Requires work obviously.  

If you do decide to continue with them being no drop.   Would it be possible to give us some time to move the essences/augs to other toons?   Based on what you wrote my understanding is that you have already identified the dupe culprits.     Like many posts have stated,  many people have 1 toon in the CG and that toon becomes the defacto essence holder.     Also, with the addition of the UW people were farming up other essences as well and they may not have been on the toons they were looted for.  
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2013, 03:40:39 pm »

Ya different slot types on epics would be a way to keep noobs from placing uber Rank 8s in their 3.0 heh

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2013, 03:43:17 pm »

Editing slot types will help, and will probably do that next.

If I make essences and augs tradeable for a short time, then some will complain they were at work or vacation during the short time allowed to trade. So would still be some unhappy players.

I'm trying to fix 1 more thing, and I might look at just wiping out essences from certain players, then making them all tradeable again.

Working on it currently, will update when I have more info.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Khaoticz

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2013, 03:51:39 pm »

Well personally I can say there is a huge chance that I won't be on during the " possible " time allotted to trade essences and augs due to the fact i work 12-16 hours a day, with only the chance of weekends off for the 352nd Special Operations Group, US military and as shit boils overseas I'll be with the first ones sent due to the fact of being in the Africa/Europe/Middle East regions already.

I would suggest keeping them No Trade until the new Slot/Tier required Augs are implemented, see how that goes then release them back to tradeable, which in essence
( no pun intended ) would allow us a use for plat again since lets face it, prices are not what they used to be when you can get a T5 drop for 50k.... and guild instances don't cost 100k anymore
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2013, 04:11:16 pm »

Yeah, I understand you dont want cheaters, but this really isnt a good way to go about it in my opinion. But your sandbox, your rules. But this move really makes me rethink about investing my time and gaming dollars here. Sorry, dont mean to whine, but it does. There's got to be a better way of handling this than punishing the 99.9% of players who are following the rules....and thats exactly what this move does.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2013, 04:12:18 pm »

How about keeping augs at the level epic you have?
1.0-2.5=strike 1-2
3.0-4.0=strike 3-6
4.5-5.0=strike 7
5.5-6.0=strike 8
7.0=strike 9

Then no skipping/jumping...and will help slow folks down so they dont steamroll content.
Edited: trying to make post constructive and not sound like a tool.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 06:02:28 pm by Orthanos » Logged

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 80