Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 12:09:29 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Print
Author Topic: UW and essances  (Read 32683 times)
Mattnaik

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2013, 02:35:18 pm »

What you were suggesting would not have stimulated the server at all. It would have made no difference. The ridicule was probably because, well, I know myself was left scratching my head wondering wtf I had just read.

I actually kinda liked the idea. Higher drop rate not only gives a sense of progress but also helps normalize RNG wonkiness. You still have to kill the same number of mobs it's just a little more bearable cause at least something is dropping.

Hulkmad
Ybik

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2013, 02:40:44 pm »

I guess my thought was if the supply of essences increased the number of trades would increase as well...even if the new supply was offset by an increase in cost of augs/uw levels.

Basically each essence would be worth less since the supply would be greater but the overall cost and time required would remain the same since recipes would require more essences (10 instead of 1) basically 100 essences 5÷ drop = 2000 mobs while 1000 essences at 50÷ drop = 2000 mobs.

Just a random thought...maybe Ill just take my ADD meds and keep quiet. Smiley
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 02:51:11 pm by Ybik » Logged
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2013, 02:45:21 pm »

I guess my thought was if the supply of essences increased the number of trades would increase as well...even if the new supply was offset by an increase in cost of augs/uw levels.

Basically each essence would be worth less since the supply would be greater but the overall cost and time required would remain the same since recipes would require more essences (10 instead of 1)

Just a random thought...maybe Ill just take my ADD meds and keep quiet. Smiley

I'm not sure how it would help. If it takes the 10 tokens to make 1 essence, the tokens drop at a rate similar to that of an essence, then how exactly is there an improvement? It's still a chance based situation that could be much better or much worse based on RNG. I'm not intending to attack or anything like that, but I'm failing to see any change here.

Sorry Undecided

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2013, 02:52:40 pm »

I tried to put it as uninsultingly as I could, lol.

lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2013, 02:53:10 pm »

Plus, it'd just take up more inventory space if you had a stack of essence tokens and essences for each one.
Ybik

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2013, 02:57:36 pm »

Hate- Wasn't saying have tokens drop. What I was saying is have essences combine into tokens. 10 tacvi = 1 "10 tacvi token". You increase the drop rate by a multiple of 10 making RNG less of a factor and allowing more essence trades to happen.

To offset this you increase the cost of, for example, IS augs to a "10 token" instead of 1 essence. OOM for example drops 1 anguish essence, that will give you 1 IS8 (if you have a 7) so make him drop a "10 anguish token" instead. Probably a stupid idea so just forget I said anything. =P
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2013, 03:08:54 pm »

Tacvi bumped now rest isn't broken

Please try to avoid "recreating the wheel" every chance y'all get sheesshh..

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2013, 03:09:57 pm »

Essences have been made slightly harder to obtain because Hunter wants it that way...

Stop trying to figure out ways to replace them, or ways to increase the drop rate because you don't think that's fair.  Live with it and adapt.

-Hate"
shawnluc

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2013, 04:28:24 pm »

I think the intent was to make the essences more available to people making Augs without making it easier for people to farm for UWs. 

Just my 2cps
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2013, 04:40:19 pm »

I think that's just a trademark of MMO players. If a faucet leaks, REBUILD THE NEIGHBORHOOD!

True, but at the same time dont look at the leak and say, "Well, if its leaking, that must be the way the plumber wanted it to work!".

Personally I think that the UW addition has made weapon augs that much harder to get...and even the most blind player here understands that content in the game has been adjusted to the point that weapon augs are a must after a certain point. Shawnluc got it in one.

And thank you, Hunter, for revisiting Tacvi drop rate. Appreciate you keeping on top of this stuff.

Why the hell is it whenever anyone calmly discusses an issue they are automatically blasted by the same people for "complaining" about the game? The game's as good as it is in large part because of the back and forth discussion about the state of the server. It seems to me that Hunter rather relies on that feedback. Why are the same people always trying to quiet it?

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Ybik

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2013, 05:12:05 pm »

The intent was for newer players to be able to feel like they are making SOME progress towards augs instead of going 10+ instances with no drop. Look at it this way if you are auging a monk you need 4 IS and 2 NS (excluding T7 at the moment). Thats 8 essences. If the drop rate was 5% (the drop rate numbers are just an example nothing more) then AVERAGE time to get those essences would be 160 kills (152 kills you get nothing). You could get them in your first 8 or it could take the MANY MANY more than 160.

If you increased the drop rate by 10 and the cost by 10 (50% drop rate, 80 essences) the AVERAGE time to get the essences would still be 160 and it would take a MINIMUM of 80 kills (assuming you got lucky) but only half of those kills would seem like empty kills.

Lastly said essences SHOULD drop in price by a multiple of 10. If they cost 500,000 before they should only be worth 50,000 afterwards. So a newer player may be able to buy 2 for 100k and farm the other 8 (remember the augs would take 10 essences) vs having to try to save up 500k to make up for bad RNG.

The only reason I brought up tokens is because the magic box only allows combines of 10 or less so you wouldn't be able to do 10 essences + ore + sls + aug unless you had a token that accounted for the 10 essences. Conversly essence drops could be changed to essence fragments and combine to make what we currently think of as essences.

I'll just drop the idea though since it seems people aren't understanding what I'm saying or my reasoning behind the idea and I don't want to create drama.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2013, 05:20:47 pm »

Honestly shit isn't broke.

You have to make a choice.. do I want augs or do I want to make the long haul grind for a UW..

Low/Mid Game Players assumed all these magic essences were farmed over night and solo.. They was farmed by guilds and over a Long span of time.

The UW or the Augs are not an over night excursion  Angry.. Yeah it sucks it takes so much but at its current state it is the fastest it has ever been. With Hunter "tuning" Tacvi up I hope it even helps more..

I'm all about Feedback but the wheel isn't broke so a little tuning is all we need not a new system.

and no one is calling anyone an Idiot.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 05:33:38 pm by Fugitive » Logged

-Hate"
Ybik

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2013, 05:56:18 pm »

I'm well aware that essences dont magically appear. I may not have as many as you fugitive but my two groups are full level 8 with around 30 extra in bank for level 9 combines.

Essentially all that i was proposing was instead of essences dropping at a low rate we could have essence fragments drop at a higher rate and combine into essences. Essentially it would FEEL like less "wasted time" but would take the same amount of mob kills in the end.

But I guess if the wheel isn't broke don't fix it.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 06:08:42 pm by Ybik » Logged
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2013, 07:39:58 am »

I guess what it boils down to is how hard should it be to get weapon augs made. If you cant see that since the drop rate changes and increased demand for essences due to UW farmers aug creation has become one hell of a lot harder and more expensive...well, you're blind. If you think that increased difficulty in aug creation is as intended, so be it. I can respect that.

Without a doubt SLS have become easier, and cash farming for ore, while still a lot harder than it used to be, is easier than it was after the first pass of drop changes/quest changes. Perhaps this is Hunter balancing that out, wanting to make augs a major bottleneck for progression.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2013, 03:27:32 pm »

Dude he has Plus Plus Plus all Drop Rates.. Would loved to see you finished your VIIs back when only 20 of the mobs had that loot in loot table then when they could be popped then they only had shit drops rates..

You are blind to see it.. The problem now is.. People want UWs+ AUGs now now now now now now now now now now..It is way easier to farm a Aug set now.. Just Players patients has been thrown through the window because of all the other items in the game that have sped up the over all progress of players through content...

I'm not going to sit and argue oranges are oranges. The only thing that changes is people are rarely going to "sell" their stashes.

I honestly don't care if he makes augs even easier I want to aug out a 4th grp of shammy and druids anyway.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 04:53:48 pm by Fugitive » Logged

-Hate"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 120