Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 01:57:38 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11
Print
Author Topic: UW and SoA Recipes  (Read 65771 times)
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2013, 07:31:20 pm »

cause an attitude like yours would get you a severe ass beating irl.

Wow, what a way to Real Life Threaten me, no matter what you say or respond that was your intentions with that post period

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Tankdan

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2013, 07:32:18 pm »

I also wanted to say, double loot is the real issue.  People like myself hoard HoH tokens, t1-t2 crystals, etc, the days before a double loot, and UW is insanely easy to obtain because of it. I've grinded all my UWs for the most part, during a double loot.

Getting rid of double loot would just make it ridiculous for people who have not started UW, especially with the new system on top of it.  

Getting rid of UW solves everything to me.   But the server would need more horizontal content to substitute the loss of UW if it were to be removed. 
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2013, 07:32:33 pm »

As for you talk of real life ass beating, I hope Hunter sees it and bans your ass.

And once again you show what an incredible douche you are...at no time did I threaten you or say I would beat your ass...what I did say was that an attitude like yours would get you an ass beating irl...no where in that statement was it implied that I would do it...you once again show  your lack of reading comprehension...dick

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2013, 07:36:05 pm »

Before last night I could farm start to finish no double loot needed a full UW without long sessions in 3 weeks (without hoh token hording or t1/t2 crystal hording)

Tankdan is right dead on on the posts he just made

and Orthanos if that's the best you can do please move on attempting pop shots cause you are mad is lame.

Again

lack of reading comprehension
no matter what you say or respond that was your intentions with that post period
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 07:37:40 pm by Fugitive » Logged

-Hate"
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2013, 07:38:25 pm »

I was going to respond...but you know what...you aint worth it...you are a worthless dick, period.  You aint worth getting my blood pressure up about.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2013, 07:39:25 pm »

I was going to respond...but you know what...you aint worth it...you are a worthless dick, period.  You aint worth getting my blood pressure up about.

You are retarded you responded and called me a worthless dick when you said I aint worth it..

Make up your fucking mind you ambivalent tool

Respond or don't I'm done with you
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 07:43:29 pm by Fugitive » Logged

-Hate"
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2013, 07:51:54 pm »

As for you talk of real life ass beating, I hope Hunter sees it and bans your ass.

And once again you show what an incredible douche you are...at no time did I threaten you or say I would beat your ass...what I did say was that an attitude like yours would get you an ass beating irl...no where in that statement was it implied that I would do it...you once again show  your lack of reading comprehension...dick

No I showed that I am not stupid, and you showed that you like to hide behind you passive aggressive statements. Inferring that someone is going to have their ass kicked because you don't like what they are saying but then saying, oh I didn't say I was going to kick your ass is about as shitty a passive aggressive statement you can make.

I have seen people like you before on this server and others. Your in that stage of being as much of a jerk as you can until you get banned. You'll justify it by saying you are standing up to people because you just don't care anymore when your just too stupid to realize you should just quit.

Pretty funny though, you got so mad you tried to insult Fugi's reading comprehension by quoting my statement and attributing it to him. Fail.

Peign
« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2013, 07:53:16 pm »

Haha.. run your own server with your leadership style. Attacking Hunter like that gets you no where trust me.

I still vote for removing UWs completly and I have many so /tongue...

Normally, I don't say things about changes, but I will agree that the best thing to do in this situation  is to remove the UW. As I originally stated it is game changing...but to change it mid-swing w/o ANY discussion is a dick move.  If that bothers you or the server admin..oh well go troll someone else douche.

If one was to go that route, might as well reset everyone to level 1.     Take all donations and credit spent and put it on the toons.      So you are now level 1, no gear but you have all the credit that you spent to make your previous toon/toons.  
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2013, 07:53:37 pm »

I did all of UW1-UW5 in a single double loot weekend and farmed the other 4 ranks within almost a month and a half.

Yeah, that is way too fast and definitely not intended to be that fast.

The UW's was intended for players with 150-300 days played which most players on the leader boards has.

rampage was removed poop butt

+1

Maybe Hunter wants us to band together to kill the ToFS boss rather than do everything solo. Almost every MMO has a weapon that requires a bunch of people to work together to gear one player. Like the original epics in EQ or the legendary weapons in WoW.

Highly doubt this, Hunter has seen what happens when you get everyone from the server, or large amounts from the server over to one zone to kill one boss. It is a huge lag fest. The point is just to make it rare.

I know we can't get 50+ players from what I saw during Halloween, or maybe we can since I reduced combat speed. Anyways, try something more than 6 characters, plus no more rampage so win.

Personally, I've been on my way on a break for a while now. Got a bit obsessed with the RoA - but you can only clear T6 so many times. And with the neatness of T6 exp out of the question (thanks Dimu), that just cements it Smiley

You can't put blame on 1 person for that one. This has been brought to my attention over a period of time by several people, and I finally figured a simple way to fix it, without allowing people to bypass the other bosses.

A better solution might be, instead of Essence of Frozen Shadow, if it truly only drops off that incredibly hard mob, would be to possibly put in a task or combine that would allow you to make the essence. Maybe 10 rank 4 or 5 stones in magic box( that would be either 80 resist stones or 160 resist stones to farm per level) .

OR

Put in 9 mobs that drop a no drop item that are all tuned to 6 or 12 man group of appropriate gear/charm/aug for that tier and can account for UW from previous tier as well.   Thinking like old war outside Thurg for 10th ring type event.  Could add a time sink here as well via tasks to make it happen.

Neat idea bout using Resist Stones, but no need to use 10 rank 5's when we could just use 1 rank 10. Will have to think about it.

Also for the 9 mob idea, we already have Essence of Norrath (previously Shield Mold) that are 10 bosses across 10 zones, which the first few are super easy. This item is also tradeable so can expect to see it on the market like SLS are.

I will agree that the best thing to do in this situation  is to remove the UW

I actually did consider this, and almost did it, but instead decided to make them near impossible to obtain, like they originally were intended to be.

I think Hunter should remove UW entirely..

Yes, I got several people suggesting this, and thought about it. For now it'll be impossible to acquire quest. Another idea was to disable the whole quest, so there are limited UW's in game just like Live did to Manastone and Rubicite.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 08:05:41 pm by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2013, 07:57:05 pm »

I was going to respond...but you know what...you aint worth it...you are a worthless dick, period.  You aint worth getting my blood pressure up about.

Quoting this for future lulz before you realize how stupid this statement is and delete it.

Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2013, 08:32:40 pm »

If UW is removed, there needs to be a substitute quest for other gear slots, since UW is basically the epic quest on EZ server,  There needs to be grindable items that require ess to create, Warrior epics need to do far more damage than ~900, so make progressing through the tiers more rewarding on DPS instead of UW rank, as I'm all for DPS being based on tier and not UW rank.  Make the Warrior Epic do like 500, then 1k damage, then 2k, then 4k, 8k, 12k, etc.   This is just off the top of my mind.

UW is damned if you do, damned if you don't.  Just get rid of it IMO.  

Even though I'm very happy to have finished mine, I can't agree more with getting rid of it. There's no way you can balance new tiers around how unkillable warriors are with double the HP of the entire group and a 60% stonewall. That's my biggest fear is that nothing will be challenging and if it is you can just solo it with your warrior / cleric / druid which would be incredibly boring  Cheesy

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2013, 08:34:46 pm »

I for one agree with the changes made to UW. And no, I am not done with the UW. I still have none at lvl 9 and one of mine is at lvl 6. But that bears a statement in itself. It is easier to do a UW than it is to do a 5.0 from scratch. We are talking about an ultimate weapon, the best item in the game vs an epic that is obtained 3 tiers below the top zone. And that is not even to consider what double loot can do for you. Something had to be done to slow down the influx of these game changing breaking items. When a UW is easier to get than a 5.0 something is wrong. I think, tho this change is not popular, is good for the server over the long run.

Danish

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 12, 2013, 03:47:39 am »

You can't put blame on 1 person for that one. This has been brought to my attention over a period of time by several people, and I finally figured a simple way to fix it, without allowing people to bypass the other bosses.

This was a joke. I just put the simley face in the wrong place Smiley I don't blame Dimur at all.
Fuzzypoodle

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 12, 2013, 06:23:46 am »

Wow this topic has everyone on edge now.  I have read all this and heard a lot last night in ooc.  Now, I left the game for awhile and then came back and found the UW in game and I didn't get mine for awhile after I came back.  It took me about 8 weeks of farming to get mine to UW4.  I feel that the UW4 allows me to one group most stuff.   I say that because everyone says I will need two groups in the future which I dread. SO if Hunter is worried about peeps maxxing it out then soloing content at there level, then I would suggest making the UW leveled base off the Strike Aug requirement.  That would mean a t2 could have a uw4 but not after he has farmed his T2 gear and augs.  That wouldn't bump him up drastically but would help in the next tier and allow a new players who want to take the time a reward.  I am t4 geared and t2 auged(strike IV) with UW4 and I still can not kill t3 names solo or t4 named and T5 is still a pain in the ass so the UW helps a lot but it doesn't allow me to be a god in game.  So just turn ess off on double loot and no one can have it 3days and make it Lvl requirement based on the ess. Just 2cents here.....  Cya all in game
ricorez

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 12, 2013, 08:13:10 am »

I have just come back recently to EZ server so if something is incorrect in my statement I am sorry but I wanted to give you another perspective on this.

I do not have any UW and was looking forward to having something different to farm.

I was excited to have different things to be working on (T5, ToFS, UC, UW essences).  This makes it impossible for me to get the UW even lower ranks.

My questions for Hunter are did you not intend for people to have an UW at all or just not that high of ranks?
It seems to me the problem is people having too high of ranks (or the weapon getting too good too fast) for their Tier.
Why not put a level requirement on the weapon and/or nerf the weapons some (say 15%).

You also say that you only want 5-10% of the server to have an UW but of the 121 how many were on the same IP?

I would bet alot of the high end players have many UW throughout their characters.   It might only be 10-15% of the actual player base has them.

My last point, how will the next tiers of content be balanced?
Will you make it challenging for those with UWIX's if so what about those of us without an UW?

Current content can be handled without UW people have proved that but what happens in the future?   It seems to me that there would have to be a change in the current UW either a slight nerf to be 10% or so better than the epic associated with that tier.

Just some ideas and concerns I wanted to throw out there

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 134
  • Online Ever: 8678