Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 01:36:34 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Print
Author Topic: Ultimate Weapons Discussion  (Read 53316 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2013, 01:42:29 am »

From what i remember, this is how they was made at the start

Hate added the "effects" later
so Hunter has reverted them back to how he made them to start with.

So i assume when he says reverted to before the Modifications made, thats all the mods hate made, not just the recent ones.

But i may be wrong

Yes, I've reverted ALL the updates that Hateborne has done to the UW since some people seem to think he's not qualified to make any changes to them.

For those that missed the drama, here is the rage in ooc chat was so bad I could barely keep up on reading the ooc, tells, and forum post about the UW updates. It is just a very small sample of the comments being made in ooc, and hence the reason for reverting all of Hates updates. The forum topic was removed/deleted, since no point having the update details anymore cause we reverted them and is no longer for debate.

Walls says out of character, 'youre just not good at what you do hate'

Walls says out of character, 'they are just going to dig their heels in. Just accept it and realize that hate is the master and gets to do whatever he wants. play if you want or dont'

Tankdan says out of character, 'im done even complaining tbh just do what u want hate idc'

Walls says out of character, 'everyhing you do is needed hate'

Chunka says out of character, 'thats just it....its niot a dps weapon, Hate'

Chunka says out of character, 'gan, earlier Hunter made changes to UW Hate proposed.....every UW except staff saw a nerf.'

Inflammo says out of character, 'Well how about TRYING the weapons for a little while.  Fuck me, he mentioned the change and within 3 seconds, Walls or whatever the fuck his name is was down Hunters throat.'

Genesis says out of character, 'Anyways do as you please, especially you Usurp since you seem to be the most important person here.  Just don't expect any cooperation from Hunter and Hate if you're gonna bitch like a spoiled shit.  I don't see any hope if you go down that avenue.'

The tantrum got so bad, people went into cursing fits and had to be muted.

I realize that you can't make everyone happy but people need to slow down and stop freaking out so badly when updates are done. Just give reasonable feed back without insults, and usually things would smooth out or resolve within few days or week. Unfortunately the majority of people in ooc/forums acted terribly at the time.

Nobody really defended the changes, except maybe one or two people that admitted occasionally using the mace.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 03:08:40 am by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2013, 03:05:14 am »

Please don't punish the server for the few trolls that seem to like lashing out at hate.  I definitely don't agree with some of the changes that he has been proposing recently, but it isn't like I don't appreciate or respect what he has done to help the server.  I think the vast majority of the server, if they do disagree, find themselves in a similar position.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2013, 03:05:58 am »

Updated/Modified my above post: ^

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2013, 03:11:09 am »

I have to agree with marx on this one simply because the above who were lashing out at Hate were ignorant. Walls especially, his rant was out of line, and  the attacking that was constantly going on in that thread was out of line.

No one takes the time to appreciate what Hate does for the server, I just don't believe you can possibly respect what he does if you have to attack him like that a little after an hour of said change.

However, if this is what it takes to get the point across though I fully support it. Sure it takes time to get , I know. But you can't just ruthlessly attack Hate for no reason other than your upset with a change that was in place for a few hours.
Peign
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2013, 03:26:18 am »

Did anyone read what H8 wrote in ooc or on the forums?   He was cursing, ranting and raving more than anyone (well maybe not more than anyone).   The ooc and forum posts were more of a reaction to his derisive  comments and perceived derision to a large portion of the player base than a reaction to the changes themselves.    To be fair, it was pretty bad, on all sides.  

The UWs were wicked OP with all the added effects.   Stripping them down to where they were pre change is frankly a good thing.   They are still very much ultimate.    Now no additional balancing (spells, procs etc) are needed and focus can be on other aspects of the game.    Honestly, the effects were going to be very hard to balance long term.    The mace for example was pretty much an immortal weapon.  

Bottom line, the UWs (as is) are still an awesome weapon, so I hardly see this as a punishment.     This is more like paying off a loan you got from a relative.   They can no longer lord it over you.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 03:28:57 am by Peign » Logged
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2013, 03:34:25 am »

I agree that the revert was probably the best thing that could have happened with the weapons. The effects on them were pretty awesome and way OP in some situations.

Also the back and forth from both sides was bad. Sure the majority of the UW users were pist at Hate but his responses (understandably, I would have responded in kind) only pist off everyone further.

I hope in the future we just discourse here on the forums and keep it out of OOC.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2013, 04:05:12 am »

I disagree with Hate often enough, and I disagree with Hunter.....but I do my best to keep it civil and respectful. I guess I missed a lot of the nastiness from either not being online or by having some folks on ignore. Sorry you two felt as if you were being attacked.

But....if you mean to say that anyone who disagreed with you is attacking you....well, be prepared to feel attacked again, because I cant agree with that. You're gonna have people disagree with you both....but pretty sure you both know that. You're going to have people voice WHY they disagree with you. I hope thats something you count on, Hunter....because you cant see every result of the changes you make. I'd hope you rely on feedback. Some of us were just providing that feedback.

Please be careful, because it almost seems as if you're grouping everyone who voiced such disagreement with the people cursing, screaming, hurling insults, etc. If you think that was the case, and by your actions and words it genuinely seems you do (to me, anyway) then you really need to take a step back and look again. And if I got the wrong impression, I apologize.....but the way this has been handled it honestly seems as if you're tossing the baby with the bathwater.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2013, 05:11:30 am »

The thread that got deleted regarding Hates UW changes wasn't all that bad.  There were mostly posts regarding the heroic resist change off the UW, before I went to bed, I did not see anyone going off on him about the hp/ac changes.  Since Hate mentioned that heroic resists would be going on tier gear, it would be actually be a net benefit to UW holders and the non UW holders (which by design of UW, there should be some) would actually be able to get closer to T8 full resist.
Fjord

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2013, 05:19:06 am »

Yeah, I never even got a chance to respond that Hate's last post towards me made a lot of sense, and that while it was a noble ambition, it was a seemingly difficult task. To me, it seems like there should be a survival weapon, a dps weapon, and a caster weapon. Balancing those so that they would be situational to the point where people would use them/change between them would be tough, but as I moved up in tier, I could totally see myself utilizing those options.

I definitely agree that the old weapon was way OP, but as someone who's not exactly at the end of the game with all my characters, I would certainly just choose DPS for now. As I moved up and I would need  HP/resists, and my other chars DPS started to scale upwards, I could see switching out to a defensive weapon.
Fuzzypoodle

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2013, 05:29:53 am »

Well, since I really didn't understand where hate was going for and at first was like WTF, I held my tongue and said lets see where this goes.  I logged off so I missed the babies in ooc, but it is a shame when a few cant be mature about a situation and cause the whole server to get a nerf bat swung with a home run.

Well, even though we all will disagree at times, we should be civil and treat everyone with respect that we expect to receive during those times.
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2013, 07:43:16 am »

I think there is now a balance issue between the increased difficulty to obtain and now the nerfed version.

I was hopeful this issue was settled months ago when that was resolved by increasing the difficulty was ramped up.
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2013, 08:48:37 am »

Here's my idea to fix the UW situation.  It's pretty simple.

Change Required level to 75(I picked 75 because that was the endgame at the time), can no longer be used as an alternative progression vehicle.  Which Hunter has stated many times he did not intend.

Fully add spell effects back, end game users can have an OP farming tool.  If that is still deemed too strong

Remove Healing component from Long sword, should tone down on it's OP'd ness or

Needs some spell damage though, the way the server is geared.  Maybe either clicky or proc.

Tone down the exponential growth of the stats,  I think that is the balancing issue not the spell effects.

Dinadas
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2013, 09:49:09 am »

If AoE was the desire, we also have Angry Nerd 6 right now, which is sort of like 4+5 combined, with 3x dmg, AoE, aggro, etc.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Takishi

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2013, 09:58:55 am »

If the effects and click are gone without the possibility of being returned, is there an option to allow aug slots then? 
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2013, 09:59:46 am »

All I want for Christmas is the AoE back  <3
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023