Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 06:19:42 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Print
Author Topic: Ultimate Weapons Discussion  (Read 57233 times)
arya1

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2013, 10:14:03 am »

I think it should be noted that people were complaining not about hateborne's intention of why he was changing, but how he planned to do the changes. I was baffled because the changes looked arbitrary. Did he do testing or something to come up with the numbers? On top of that, it felt as if the nerf was done ninja and then we were told post factum basically if you don't like it, too bad.

As I said several times previously, the proc effects differentiated the UWs enough already. I disagreed that any change needed to be made and still do. Why change something that already works? there are things that could be improved on this server yet time is focussed on things that no one (players) sees as a problem ? I don't get this logic. Moreover, the AE effect, i'm sure for most people who have  UW 8/9/10, was a way to do lower tiers more quickly, because t8 + doesn't seem to be AE content. So, I don't see this as OP.

In my opinion, feedback should be gotten from the community BEFORE a change that affects a large proportion of the community is done. It appears that there is no point in expressing dissenting opinions on this forum or server as we are not going to be heard anyway. I wasn't on for the OOC rage and I don't agree with ad hominem attacks, but I can understand why people are upset.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 10:35:36 am by arya1 » Logged
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2013, 10:16:09 am »

No one likes nerfs.  Especially when it happens to them, and even moreso when it happens to something that took months of over boring grind for them to attain.  I understand that the UW was supposed to be rare, but anytime such an OP item is introduced you can bet your house payment that players will do darn near anything to get it.  In this case they did and it swung the balance of the game a bit.  Not a surprise to anyone, or shouldn't be.

IMO there was nothing wrong with the UW in any form prior to yesterday.  It did not create an immunity, it just gave a leg up.  The problem was in the response to the existence of the weapons.  Too much whining and crying, and not just from the players.  I have been a Hatebone fan since he started helping here, but in several instances he voiced his disdain for the UW geared warriors.  Much of it tongue-in-cheek I assume, but those comments put a fine point on where we are today.  

Get together and discuss.  Run a vanilla poll.  Realize something that took this much effort to get is going to be a hot button issue and don't press it until you have an agreed on solution that won't cause a massive shit storm.  

I hope we can get back to work here and come to a simple solution.  Where we either revert the weapons back to where they were before this nerf or revert the quest to where it was prior to ToFS/EON/EOP essences requirements.  I would highly suggest one or the other happen ASAP to calm the masses.
Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2013, 10:22:19 am »

If AoE was the desire, we also have Angry Nerd 6 right now, which is sort of like 4+5 combined, with 3x dmg, AoE, aggro, etc.

Which only benefit 7.0+ players which is kinda what some of these guys are saying. They have worked UW1 or working hard but making it so they can make something like the AN6 aug before they can use it in their weapons is pointless to them. When the UW effect worked good as an agro proc. it was a good alternative to this.....*just a statement after talking to a few players* ignore if you want.

While i may not agree with most of the changes i for one am very thankful for all the work you have put into the server hunter and the help that other players have giving in help, i.e. Hate and Nate. and all these ppl getting butt hurt over the game and acting like 2 yr olds in ooc and on the fourms guys just remember, Yes i forget this sometimes to, This is a freaking game if you dont like what they are doing to it or dont like something that has been done just quit no one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to stay here or play. We all play this game b/c we enjoy it so shut up and enjoy it and be thankful that hunter even allows us to play on his server b/c remember it is HIS server!
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2013, 10:23:27 am »

No one likes nerfs.  Especially when it happens to them, and even moreso when it happens to something that took months of over boring grind for them to attain.

Yeah not exactly months of time but I spent two weeks leading up to this double loot in HoH for a average of 5 hours per day farming enough tokens to hit 100 of just one type of essence.

Other essences are worse so yeah months actually fits the bill.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2013, 10:39:33 am »

I just want it noted that since the click was removed from the UW sword I am having a hard time holding agro in T6 with more than 1 mob. This is leading to multiple deaths of my healers and it's quite annoying. I have yet to get a hold of a AN6 yet, so maybe that would help but for now it's a lil rough. Any chance we could get like a rampage effect on the sword of something.

Keeze
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2013, 10:45:00 am »

Use anger 5's in off hand?
I think a cyclone blade effect on weapon would be cool but it might be a case where you need to stick UW in offhand and epic in main hand.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2013, 10:52:59 am »

If the effects and click are gone without the possibility of being returned, is there an option to allow aug slots then? 

That was the plan in the works for near future until people freaked out and wouldn't listen.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
arya1

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2013, 10:56:11 am »

If the effects and click are gone without the possibility of being returned, is there an option to allow aug slots then? 

That was the plan in the works for near future until people freaked out and wouldn't listen.

Why can't there be a discussion about changes before a change that affects many people happens? Maybe this is a way to minimize people freaking out.
lookin

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2013, 11:43:23 am »

i say remove the UW, refund the essences and over time create augs and items with clicks that have similiar effects to what the uw had. imo the uw was overpowered because all the effects and clicks and stats were on one item. if you create a multitude of items with those effects or clicks spread out across all those items you have more control over building content around them and control over whether the items effects will stack or whether they will be a part of a lore group to restrict the click effect usuage.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2013, 11:50:52 am »

Remove all the HP and Heroic Resist from UW would balance it.

Then you would need to survive just like any other non-UW player, if you want the privilege of extra DPS, AoEs, etc.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
lookin

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2013, 11:59:36 am »

that would work as well then it would not be the end all be all for near invincible tanks it would essentially be an alternative to aug farming for non tanks and you could tune it around that
arya1

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2013, 12:15:06 pm »

Except not every class has alternate ways of getting AEs.. Im not sure if SKs get AEs, but paladins sure don't..  Now there's even less reason to get a UW on any other char but war
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 12:17:03 pm by arya1 » Logged
Peign
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2013, 12:29:59 pm »

Except not every class has alternate ways of getting AEs.. Im not sure if SKs get AEs, but paladins sure don't..  Now there's even less reason to get a UW on any other char but war

If the issue is aggro, both paladins and sks get Dread Gaze which is aoe aggro.   Paladin gets Crusader Fury which is an aoe dmg proc.   SK gets multiple spells that do aoe dmg as well.   
arya1

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2013, 12:32:49 pm »

No, not aggro.. I'm sure for the people who got UWs on paladin or Sk the AE damage was one of the reasons why. I don't know how many people did but I know  a few
Peign
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2013, 12:33:28 pm »

Except not every class has alternate ways of getting AEs.. Im not sure if SKs get AEs, but paladins sure don't..  Now there's even less reason to get a UW on any other char but war

If the issue is aggro, both paladins and sks get Dread Gaze which is aoe aggro.   Paladin gets Crusader Fury which is an aoe dmg proc.   SK gets multiple spells that do aoe dmg as well.    

Yes sks and pallys do get ae spells 20k base 10 sec recast for sk pally gets a proc both suck cause swing is 4 sec now for a crap proc and 10 sec recast is horrible especially if you fizzle

Tanks just need to live and keep aggro.   Use other classes for DPS.   Wizard, Zerker both uberleetfree AOE dps.  

The UW was ultimate before the effects were added.   It is still ultimate now.   Watchyoudie, you have a UW1, not that much time invested really.    Adapt and overcome. 
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 12:37:29 pm by Peign » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061