Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 03:26:47 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10
Print
Author Topic: Ultimate Weapons Discussion  (Read 56845 times)
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 22, 2013, 08:18:08 am »

I think you have to balance around Shield of Ages, no real other source of that buff, and people just have to deal with that one.

I think hitpoints on the Uw should hard cap at 1 mil, I don't think you would have to balance around an additional 1 mil hp on your tank vs your army.

That gap would decrease over time with epics 8+

I'm for stripping all HR off the UW and spreading it out through the tier armor.  That's a win/win

I only have a rank 4, is the white damage of 7+ an issue that needs a cap?

Adidis

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 22, 2013, 08:34:38 am »

Balance content around Tier gear, not the carrots. UW, RoA, SoA should not even be part of the equation since they are HUGE time sinks.

The casuals can progress with their limited time, the hardcore can play god-mode.

RoA Balance has never really been an issue. SoA honestly is something a player should be fine with sucking it up for. It's pretty close in time sink to dps augs.

I'm for stripping all HR off the UW and spreading it out through the tier armor.  That's a win/win

I honestly don't think all of the HR should be stripped. I do think having it should enable you to lighten to load of resist aug farming as you've traded off that time for a weapon. I do think some should be removed and spread to tier just not all of it.
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 22, 2013, 09:09:46 am »

I honestly don't think all of the HR should be stripped. I do think having it should enable you to lighten to load of resist aug farming as you've traded off that time for a weapon. I do think some should be removed and spread to tier just not all of it.
[/quote]

Why does it matter if the full amount gets spread out to tier armor?
Peign
« Reply #108 on: December 22, 2013, 09:59:14 am »

I am starting to think that it would be good idea to cap how much HP is added on them after UW IX.

I realize this would be a nerf, and yes people will QQ about it.

Right now UW IX is 1M HP, then goes 2M, 4M, 8M.

Instead of double HP, might cap to adding 500k each rank after rank IX.

Undecided for now, but good chance of doing that route on HP.

This seems completely reasonable.     

If you go this route would it be possible not to strip so much HR from the UWX+.    The HR on the UW is cool as heck and I do not think OP.     High resists can be achieved through farming tofs as well for those that deem the UW as too big of a timesink. 

The elite carrots are fun. 

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 22, 2013, 10:04:34 am »

I believe there needs to be Heroic Resist on the UW's for the time invested to earn those weapons.

I don't think we should strip all of the Heroic Resist and/or give equal amount Heroic Resist to all tier armor.

If an UW IX has 900 HR and I give that much to the tier armor, then I'd only have to raise the -resist checks in T8 ToV even higher. Otherwise, by the time players get to T8 ToV, just having the regular suit of armor required would make toons auto resist all the npc spells without having to farm any resist from variety of ranked items.

Like stated before, I think would be better to only strip 50% of HR off UW and spread some of that to tier armor. Just not 100% for either.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 22, 2013, 10:37:38 am »

Seems perfectly fine, in my opinion as the net result is a gain of HR on the rest of your box for people with UW, and a net gain across the board for all your toons, for those without.
Jram406

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 23, 2013, 12:02:43 am »

I haven't played in a year +, but I keep up and read all the updates and posts here still. spent a good few mins reading 8 pages of this thread so figured id chime in especially on those  who were ranting  out in ooc, walls sounds like a real tool for sure, hunter and hate both have done amazing things and are good at what they do..   Though I have been one those to lash out when the nerf bat came around , Hunter and  hate/nate and them have always came to some reasonable way to even things out. to call out the people who help keep new stuff coming out/broken stuff fixed, is  just stupidity and disrespect . those kinda people are better off not being on  EZ server anyway .

Im out now, my 2cents don't really matter anyway since I haven't played.... Hunter,Hateborne, and others that help out.. don't let the Haters/Ragers get you down keep on doing your thing!

PS, those whining cause you spent RL $$ on ess's or UW's or w/e  to get  the goods, you guys fail and need to become true hardcore players Tongue,, excluding the donators for fwp maybe and some other cool clicks they made, that don't really help you progress but makes it a bit easier on people for whatever reason, imo donate cause you like the server not for your end game loots

If anyone remembers me ..... Falgor <Oathsworn>
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 12:04:49 am by Jram406 » Logged
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 23, 2013, 01:51:21 am »

I don't have a UW, and chances are I never will, but I notice nobody was telling Hate how much he sucked when he was adding clickies and spells and fixing broken shit.

Not he first time I heard someone say this and guess what, there are others here that would have filled that gap.
In fact I only started sending Hunter stuff and working with Nate after I came back from a break from ez and discovered that Hunter was indeed taking player generated code/content and using it.
For a long time he wouldn't even do that.

To lazy to find and quote further down the post but I think Hunter hits it on the head with a HP cap and spreading some of the HR off to the tiered armor.
What that would do is instead of making UW required no matter what and content being tuned around a 2mhp item, would make content easier for those that do UW and doable by those that do not farm one. Granted it will be harder for those without.
Just means some tuning of content may be in order.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 23, 2013, 05:59:40 am »

Since the UW got all reverted recently, here are updated statistics:

Sword 107
Mace 25
Greatstaff 5
Dagger 7
Longbow 4

Although our goal isn't exactly to force everyone to use a different UW type than Sword, would like to make the other 4 not worthless, and have some appeal.

Most of them are almost same stats now. There are minor reasons to choose one over the other currently.

Greatstaff being 2hb would have less npc riposte, and has more HP/Resist.

I think Mace has bigger proc dmg.

etc

Will continue to "balance" or edit the UW, and watch statistics of what people are using.

Obviously with only 4 people choosing a bow (1 of them probably on my character) then majority of players probably feel its not worth it, or not enough of them on Rangers. So they would need a boost.

Continue posting feed back on the direction you would like to see UW go. You already know I'm not putting the AoE proc back onto the sword, and I'm not allowing Anger VI to go on them either. So move beyond that, and discuss. The other UW topic is more or less discussion exclusively for Ultimate Augments.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Takishi

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 23, 2013, 06:51:02 am »

Anger IV and V 's out of the question? 
Snce the update, I'be definitely missed the click and heal effect but i realize now it was OP.  Guess I was oblivious previously.

With the anti train code in place, adding anger V augs would give existing aoe capabilities from epics and would still prevent mass pull lag bombs.

While I was originally disheartened that the change occurred, I completely agree with it in hindsight. Hunter. Hate and all of the random coders.... thanks for continued efforts and work!

Now I just need to get out of T5 with my sanity..../twitch
Fuzzypoodle

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 23, 2013, 06:56:29 am »

Hunter

Is it your intent to add a 2hs as a UW option?  I think with the UA setup your looking at is awesome to use on other toons. You will see more of the UW types being utilized now... Monk/cleric/druid and so on = mace, Rogue=dagger you get the idea here.  Also, with the change is there a way you could look at the EoP being 5mil instead of 10mil?  would keep things inline to the new system?  Also, things like grp heal are things like that going to have some increase over the same lvl epics?

Anyways, Keep up the great job you and your Santa helpers are doing.  
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 23, 2013, 08:18:16 am »

I haven't thought about EoP prices yet, possible for change when I make Ultimate Augments.

If everyone wants, we could possible change the 2hb Greatstaff into a 2hs Greatsword or 2hs Greataxe for heavier slower hits, possible more HP/Resist just like the 2hb Greatstaff does now.

The dagger would be for Rogues and Caster classes, so it would have more mana on it for casters, and anything else I can think of.

So the only blunt would be 1hb mace then.

Longbow is here to stay, might need work though. 

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Fuzzypoodle

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 23, 2013, 08:36:10 am »

Ok I was just wondering about the 2hs adding that type you will cover all classes .... or somehow have the sword changeable to a 2hs... just some ideas

Thanks again for keeping an open mind and taking suggestions
Peign
« Reply #118 on: December 23, 2013, 10:56:18 am »

Since the UW got all reverted recently, here are updated statistics:

Sword 107
Mace 25
Greatstaff 5
Dagger 7
Longbow 4

Although our goal isn't exactly to force everyone to use a different UW type than Sword, would like to make the other 4 not worthless, and have some appeal.

Most of them are almost same stats now. There are minor reasons to choose one over the other currently.

Greatstaff being 2hb would have less npc riposte, and has more HP/Resist.

I think Mace has bigger proc dmg.

etc

Will continue to "balance" or edit the UW, and watch statistics of what people are using.

Obviously with only 4 people choosing a bow (1 of them probably on my character) then majority of players probably feel its not worth it, or not enough of them on Rangers. So they would need a boost.

Continue posting feed back on the direction you would like to see UW go. You already know I'm not putting the AoE proc back onto the sword, and I'm not allowing Anger VI to go on them either. So move beyond that, and discuss. The other UW topic is more or less discussion exclusively for Ultimate Augments.

On the UWX the Mace proc dmg is less than the sword.   However the Mace has a heal proc (like SK weapon) that can help people get over new tier content.   Used to use UW8 mace to kill Svart.    People have always used the mace to help with new content (although it wasnt discussed in ooc).     The sword proc is higher dps and thus some use the sword when they do not need the the extra heals.      If your team is up to par for the tier and you dont need extra heals then to me it made more sense to use the sword.   

Not sure about the other weapons, not really seeing a value in using any of them.   

What would be your goal here?     Could you list out your general thoughts on the intended purpose of each weapon type?

sword - dps  ??
mace -  tank/life tap ??

etc
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 23, 2013, 10:59:43 am »

My goal is to remove the procs and make Ultimate Augments.

So would be stats that make the units a bit more unique, some more HP, maybe some more Resist.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061