Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 09:27:16 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: NPC Skin of Drake  (Read 23076 times)
Deciimus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2014, 08:15:42 am »

Hey guys -

so last night I finally had the chance to go back into Abyss and test it out and sure enough - got myself a druid mob right off the bat (Mind Flayer). Wound up having the same issue so I took it to /ooc for some added help.

Had bard running his lvl 62 cancel magic spell and had monk epic on hotkey for insta click. At 34% - mob instantly heals back up to 44% (Drake) - I instantly use monk epic and mob stops healing. I dps him down and at 34% - bam - rinse, repeat... So people in /ooc tell me Drake should have a 30 sec cool down and I just have to get past that 34% before the 30 second timer is up so he wont recast Drake... So I dps away and get him down to 34% in about 15-18 seconds... and bam - 44% again. So I think the druids in there are ignoring the drake cooldown timer.

Just offering my 2cp on something that is causing heartburn.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2014, 08:23:38 am »

^^ Crazy thing is you stayed with this mob for like an hour trying to kill it .. doing the cancel magic thing from bard and monk.. I still don't know if this is a "correct" challenge for a newb (no offense) breakin in the zone where no matter what you have to have this type of group make up to "win".

I wonder if the NPC ability drakeskin can be scaled where it isn't making the new players suffer to much.. as for all the players that's stacked with augments galore and multi-UCs (this has never been a factor for us to really attempt) That's why I can't test it well. (our arsenals have many tools)

shrug my 2 pennies
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 08:32:42 am by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2014, 08:27:02 am »

But on a side note.. this shows how OP the spell used to be ... before  Hate's recent alignment with it.  Grin

-Hate"
Deciimus

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2014, 08:35:46 am »

Totally man - would have been completely screwed if you didnt come help out.

But ya - got 2 toons with UC, all have strike augs up to at least V, few VI and few VII and my grp stands zero chance against any druid-type mobs b/c of this. If they were guarnteed to have the 30 sec cool down at least - I think eventually I could have handled it but with insta-cast and no cool down. Its just a game changer.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2014, 08:41:59 am »

got 2 toons with UC, all have strike augs up to at least V, few VI and few VII and my grp stands zero chance

so other then lacking UCs your gear is overtiered mostly... strikes, weapons, and armor.. and still getting locked down ... wow /chuckle

-Hate"
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2014, 11:10:41 am »

^^ Crazy thing is you stayed with this mob for like an hour trying to kill it .. doing the cancel magic thing from bard and monk.. I still don't know if this is a "correct" challenge for a newb (no offense) breakin in the zone where no matter what you have to have this type of group make up to "win".

I wonder if the NPC ability drakeskin can be scaled where it isn't making the new players suffer to much.. as for all the players that's stacked with augments galore and multi-UCs (this has never been a factor for us to really attempt) That's why I can't test it well. (our arsenals have many tools)

shrug my 2 pennies

Heh that's the funniest part. They are using the EXACT same spell. I didn't create NPC duplicates for anything but Impeding Snare and Rugged Roots. All of the NPC spell lists are using PLAYER spells. The only difference is their scaling is much higher due to their explosively large health pools.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Deciimus

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2014, 11:56:45 am »

I know squat about 0's and 1's and I've been mistaken before (my wife would confirm for you...) - but I swear they are casting it with no cooldown which seems to be my primary issue with it. Is there any way you can check on that for me? Otherwise I just gotta stop working on Abyss and figure out how to squeeze out a boatload more dps as I'll punt my computer if more druid namers pop on me Smiley
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2014, 12:20:54 pm »

I've never seen them cast it instantly upon being dispelled unless another druid is nearby. Triple Druid boss pull in t7 proved to be amusing Tongue
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2014, 12:23:19 pm »

If the NPCs have high healscale .. Skin of Drake would be damn near godmode lol Smiley

Kaid

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2014, 12:32:53 pm »

Just turn off attack for whatever the duration of the buff is. If they're not being attacked, they don't heal. Yes it will take a little while longer, but at least you're not healing them to full and making it a never ending cycle.
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2014, 12:55:16 pm »

Just turn off attack for whatever the duration of the buff is. If they're not being attacked, they don't heal. Yes it will take a little while longer, but at least you're not healing them to full and making it a never ending cycle.

The duration is equal to the cool down. He's saying even with dispelling it instantly he couldn't kill the mob before it cast again.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2014, 12:59:39 pm »

The duration is equal to the cool down. He's saying even with dispelling it instantly he couldn't kill the mob before it cast again.

The duration isn't the same on the mob. The mob doesn't benefit from buff duration extensions like players do. It's 3 ticks (~18s) and then 30s cooldown. NPCs tend to only want to cast when they get low.

One thing you ladies/gents/trolls could try is starting the fight with numerous dispels. This way you have removed any junk buffs and ensuring that you will ONLY remove Skin of the Drake when it's time.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Deciimus

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2014, 01:15:34 pm »

Definitely remove all his buffs at start of the fight and throughout. Have bard dispell playing full time. What I was saying was that he seems to be casting his regen at 34% - regardless of time between his last cast b/c every time he hits 34-35% - he instantly spikes back up to 44% unless you have massive massive massive amounts of DPS to overcome it. I watched him regen and then counted it off to be sure I was under the 30 sec cool down and he definitely cast it again right at 34% and it had only been like, 18-20 seconds.

The instant he healed up - I debuffed him and he stopped healing but when i had him down to 34% again - poof. Right back to 44%-ish.

That's'a my query Smiley

PS - i swear i'm not trying to be difficult here. Just exhausting all possibilities. Not trying to increase aggravation for anyone!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 01:24:43 pm by Deciimus » Logged
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2014, 01:34:59 pm »

To deal with this in T7 My bard twists in dispel constantly...I also have my chanter and wizzy dispels on the a hotkey so that when Pride gets to the point that it starts regening I can hit dispell instantly and the odds are at least one of them will be able to land one...

ON a side note ...with my chanter pet attacking ...2seconds after the mob casts Skin it is 100% so I have to beat it down before the guy can get his spell of cool-down...

With UW3...UC2's and Ninjastrike 9's I am able to do this.....

Dont see a need to change anything....

just breaking into t5? that would be next to impossible.....

Deciimus

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2014, 01:37:49 pm »

just breaking into t5? that would be next to impossible.....

Word....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061