Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 07:53:57 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Post Halloween event discussion.  (Read 17954 times)
Danish

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2014, 01:49:24 pm »

I liked the old ones better.
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2014, 09:23:27 pm »

Waited a while to post my thoughts on this (making strikes, clicking up UCs on newly made toons, triple jumping ROA hell ranks on most toons, rolling around my bed naked in accumulated plat, whatever).

Here goes:

When i was a kid, the best Christmas presents were not the ones i put on santa's list. They were the ones i got instead. The card games, the cribbage boards, the nylon string guitar my dad handed down to me, the jerseys i wore until they disentegrated... etc.

This was *not* what we asked for.

No SOTs, extremely limited strike augs, no FG/CG items, no unrest mass slayings, no meaningful candy turn ins for people who could smoke the content.. etc.

Early on we laughed at the meaningless quests and kill counts... the retardedness of the stone monster wtfpwning you (or at least being the only true challenge in the zone, still).. The being stuck in a single zone..

And then a switch just got flipped on and it became something amazing that would make even the most cynical person (and my guild houses some of them for sure lol) into that 6 year old who suddenly realizes what he did get for xmas was pretty spectacular.

The double loot plat was intense.. The AAs were nuts when u had 2-3 t9ers teaming up to just intentionally try and kill themselves for 8 straight hours on pulls. The prisms filled out gimp toons in a hurry. The mini pops made it so every pull could turn out to be epic. The pets were amazing and awe inspiring boosts to situational dps.

But honestly the best part of the event was spending solid time with guildies. Me , Harthek, Deamon, and later Krunkley were chained to the hip for a solid week. That hardly ever happens. Someone's in abyss, someones in OC, someones running anguish.. point is, its rare to really experience something alongside buddies for such an extended period of time. And thats what i'll remember most.

I got one Ice 6.. We laughed at deam for getting two Ninja 2s off angryfaces... I'm not even sure Harth actually scored a strike the whole time. It was the opposite of what we prepared for. I may have to run some FG stuff to make up for the kit items i borrowed from guildies to make zerker 3 that i assumed halloween was gonna put in my inventory.. Didn't happen.

And yet... I ended up with a massive amount of DPS boost from the pets thats probably greater than the strike boosts would have given. I boosted my XP mask like 30 ranks.. My tank ROA went from 540somethign to 625. And after i corralled some more SLSs (banking 70 thinking i'd be going from strike V to X instead of I to X), I ended up putting 3 Ice Xs from scratch on priests, making Xs on Zerk 2, and Finishing Ninja XI on ranger. blah blah.. I got plat for days still, ended up with all the strikes i didn't get anyways, and banked a zillion AAs and pets in the process.

And above all else, had one heckuva experience i'll remember first when i look back on my days here in the future. This even will be the first thing that comes to mind, and i barely remember past halloweens beyond unrest and PoN.

Only constructive criticism i can think of is to maybe spread it into a couple clone zones next year, if that is even possible. A lot of server stress all week wasn't serverwide, it was mainly focused on HG alone. I'm not emu expert but was having it all in one zone what was causing the frequent crashes and lagspikes during both peak and offpeak times?

Hell my only criticism comes from not being able to play constantly during it. That speaks volumes. This was built from scratch with the combined efforts of 3 people. And it was amazing. Sincerely, thank you. This was beyond worth it, and the best halloween yet.

Kiwis.

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2014, 07:50:14 am »

Great post Kiwis, very well put

I'm glad the zone stayed open for another day(s), cause I turned in all my no-drop quest items that I had forgotten about for the three "food" items... and I think THOSE are my favorite item from halloween Smiley

Kabob - random group illusion? yes please

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
Fjord

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2014, 09:09:06 am »

Great post Kiwis, very well put

I'm glad the zone stayed open for another day(s), cause I turned in all my no-drop quest items that I had forgotten about for the three "food" items... and I think THOSE are my favorite item from halloween Smiley

Kabob - random group illusion? yes please

Yeah, if I had one suggestion, it would be batteries for like 50k-250k depending on item to make the item rechargeable.
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2014, 09:22:34 am »

Boooooooooo - I didn't see they had charges... and I was blowing them like a madman. Well that sucks.

Limited charges on the race illusion item? whyyyyy? Oh great merciful Innoruuk, WHYYYY?!?!?!!

zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2014, 12:19:32 pm »

Limited charges on the race illusion item? whyyyyy? Oh great merciful Innoruuk, WHYYYY?!?!?!!

I that may be the issue... Innoruuk is not merciful...in fact, he is the unmerciful, as are his creations. Problem solved.   You may want to check with Karana.. may find mercy there.
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2014, 12:38:41 pm »

Yes, but Innoruuk is the Prince of... Hate...

... and HE is the one that can make this happen

Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2014, 12:48:25 pm »

Lol yes I also was surprised to find out they had charges. I clicked all of them like every 30 minutes to stay buffed and illusioned.. Even after running out of charges I don't see anything on the item description that says anything about charges. I'd love for them to be rechargable in any way or just not run out lol
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2014, 12:52:17 pm »

I'd go for the second option you gave Anuli... ALL PRAISE BE TO INNORUUK, FOR HE IS GREAT AND UNDERSTANDING, AND HEARS THE PLIGHT OF HIS MINIONS, AND IS WILLING TO CHANGE FOOD TO INFINITE CHARGE.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65020