Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 02:22:44 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12
Print
Author Topic: T10 Thoughts/Musings  (Read 80486 times)
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2015, 01:47:31 pm »

I'd like to see T10 take even the most die hard player months of hard work to conquer, rather than the days or weeks we're seeing now.

Agree

Agree +2

Kardthe

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2015, 01:49:49 pm »

The thing I hate most is zones that repop.  When breaking into T5/T7 I pretty much had to block out a 4 hour chunk of time so i could complete it.  Those are by far my least favorite zones.   Yes there is plenty of time to clear them, even for a new gear appropriate person breaking in.... but you have to do it all at once.  Some of us multitask (play at work /cough), have kids, family obligations, etc that make it hard to block out large chunks of time to complete zones like those.

I know that some people like that mechanic as a "dps check" or see it as a challenge, however I'd rather see hard dps checks on the bossess... ie you kill it 30 seconds after engaging, or it WTFsplodes you with a 20m hp AoE for example.  I want the zone to be long and hard (yes... yes it is what she said), but I want to be able to work on it over multiple play sessions if needed also.  

The way the zone progression works obviously makes a big difference too, ie T9 has fast repops but it doesn't matter because your basically farming drops from trash and spawning named with body counts.  

I like outdoor zones in general due to easier boxing and not having to deal with tight corners, steps, etc...  unless you want to make a Call of the Whole Frigg'n Raid clicky Tongue

I agree with others that the plat and other drops should be adjusted for difficulty.  It is way faster to faceroll lower tiers for xp/unicorn poop/GSoA/etc.  I will say T9 is good plat return rate though.

Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2015, 01:56:14 pm »

Here's a crazy thought - how to make the final boss REALLY hard... but eliminate the problem of having to get a REALLY hard and time consuming epic 16 times...

Make it some kind of semi-required item to get for, say, your warrior - (so that yout you only have to get it one time)

I.e. the boss is near unkillable without this item on your warrior... and the item is hard to get (old-school epic 1.0 kind of quest) but makes your warrior much more able to kill the super-mega boss... tho he would still be hard.

I don't know if that would be in the form of bane damage, bane mitigation, flat out damage/mitigation... idk

These are extremely flawed thoughts, just throwing them out there. I just like the idea of an extremely hard T10 final boss... but that comes with a lot of baggage

I like this idea as well, that one item, say an Aug for each class, you go up for your boss without those its gonna be near impossible if not impossible. But, with the Aug for each class you chip away at the armor of the boss. A spell for the enchanter that does xyz, an aug for the warrior that makes him able to negate the harsh beating, a weapon for your rogue that allows him to bypass the defenses, a tap aug for your SK that allows you to drain his mana, go along these lines.

and those items come from combines in the zone(s). so its not just kill x and get x aug/weapon/spell and done.

lets be clear, T10 needs to take months to complete. No joke, needs to take some serious effort to overcome. however, not so much as you cant kill jack when you walk into the zone, but to progress through to T11 it will take some serious, dirty grinding. Not trickery, no gimmicky spawning tactics like T9 used to be or how T5 is, but good combines that build on other combines that lead to xyz item needed to get your gear.

No fricking water, seriously, no water.

No running 5 mins to grab a boss and run back another 5mins like T7

No I have killed this T8 named 39 times with no fricking pally arms dropping

No well, I have 79 green scales but only 15 red scales after 2 weeks of farming

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2015, 02:21:33 pm »

I know that some people like that mechanic as a "dps check" or see it as a challenge, however I'd rather see hard dps checks on the bossess... ie you kill it 30 seconds after engaging, or it WTFsplodes you with a 20m hp AoE for example.  I want the zone to be long and hard (yes... yes it is what she said), but I want to be able to work on it over multiple play sessions if needed also. 

+1

And +10 to what Rent said.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
littlelongbeard

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2015, 02:30:54 pm »

I would also like to see T10 be a 3 or 4 zone tier, not just one zone done, boom. a variety of scenery. a dungeon component, an outdoor component. Something to please both crowds here. What has been bad about all the other tiers is you go to one zone and stay there grinding until your eyes bleed and you cant take it no more. What would be really cool is a T10 zone for epics, a T10 zone for armor and a T10 zone for your off slot items. What are you doing? T10! Which T10? gonna do armor today for my crew, so T10b (whatever). Next day or so do epics, mix it up.

I would like to see this as well, and maybe even make them sub tiers of t10... say something along the lines of you cant get into the next part of T10 with out a certain faction? or maybe even a certain item turn in like LDoNs where at first you have to get the stone to move down to the next level?

Tankbeard .... and many other bearded toons
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2015, 02:36:35 pm »

I would totally disagree with the resist checks. It's bad enough im getting feared in t9 gear and frankly there is not enough time in the day to rank up to XX unless those also are dropped in the zone. Then i could understand. But enough is enough w/the resist checks. If you get up to 4k I would say that should be good enough for the resists.

There needs to be another "gut check". We have them all the way through progression, and its time for another. Every few tiers there's something about a zone that weeds out the guy who farmed 200 SLS and is using them to buy his way to the top tier. We havent really had one since T5, and T10 is a great spot for another, IMO....and resists are a great way to do that.

IMO if you want to play in "the big boy zone" you need to do your work.....more than just getting through collecting armor drops and doing an epic, sometimes. The increased resist checks will force people to prioritize aug slots, perhaps force them to replace some of the LP hp augs with resists.....perhaps force them to get UC upgraded to 3, or UW to 10 before they tackle the zone.

My bottom line: we need to slow shit down on EZ....not install 20 item or less lanes. People are hitting max gear too fast, too easily, and it breeds ennui. Making new zones too easy is a great way to make a game boring quickly.

I agree with you to a degree. I believe you can achieve this goal w/out the resists though. There are multiple ways to make gut checks; slow down drop rate, rare drops, harder bosses, bane dmg, faction checks etc. Resists shouldn't be the end all be all. And since Im quoting you, no zone should be based around an UW.

I would also like to see T10 be a 3 or 4 zone tier, not just one zone done, boom. a variety of scenery. a dungeon component, an outdoor component. Something to please both crowds here. What has been bad about all the other tiers is you go to one zone and stay there grinding until your eyes bleed and you cant take it no more. What would be really cool is a T10 zone for epics, a T10 zone for armor and a T10 zone for your off slot items. What are you doing? T10! Which T10? gonna do armor today for my crew, so T10b (whatever). Next day or so do epics, mix it up.

I love that.

Keeze
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2015, 02:41:28 pm »

Building on "old school epic 1.0" thought... what are the players' thoughts on incorporating drops in other zones into quests for T10? ... would essentially be a new "CG/FG/EoN" type requirement... Think that might be cool... a necessary tour through other Norrathian zones... thoughts?

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2015, 02:42:34 pm »

Catching up on the reading here. To expand on Rent's idea, you could incorporate the mini dungeons into the corresponding zone.  Instances that you can choose once a day in that zone for a mini side dungeon that has a higher drop rate of what you choose. IE: What focus would you like to choose for your task [armor], [weapons], [SLS], [Essences], [Epics] or [Mixed]. Then you could make the main zone or zones harder to get drops randomly.

Oh ya.. More use of the TASK system.

Keeze
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2015, 02:44:59 pm »

Building on "old school epic 1.0" thought... what are the players' thoughts on incorporating drops in other zones into quests for T10? ... would essentially be a new "CG/FG/EoN" type requirement... Think that might be cool... a necessary tour through other Norrathian zones... thoughts?

Only if that quest would unlock greater benefits where you could receive discounted items such as the ores, weapon skins, clickys etc. I would be game. Could even make it so you have to get that quest done and revamp the weapon strikes to help w/the ROF2 client not letting you double dip your augs.

If not you would have a hard time selling because it sorta reminds me of t3/t4 tokens which we all know sucks.

Keeze
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2015, 02:45:31 pm »

FWIW - I would dislike any "daily" anything incorporated into T10, not a fan of lockouts in general (though they serve a purpose in mid/lower tiers for fasttracking tiers... this is certainly not necessary in the higher tiers)

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2015, 02:46:55 pm »

Was only throwing some ideas out there to make the zone longer. Would be optional but help to catch up boxes who might be missing certain items you would want that aren't dropping.

Keeze
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2015, 02:49:25 pm »

I would like to see this as well, and maybe even make them sub tiers of t10... say something along the lines of you cant get into the next part of T10 with out a certain faction? or maybe even a certain item turn in like LDoNs where at first you have to get the stone to move down to the next level?

that is cool that you would have sub T10 zones to complete before you tackle the main T10 zone(s)

Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2015, 02:50:12 pm »

(Expletus' Idea)
I don't like lockouts, but I like the idea of an LDoN from what you're saying (circa oldschool EQ Live, not current) mission type expedition without lockout.

As per my survey, I know many of you are not familiar with Shards of Dalaya...but what they do to limit overuse of these dungeons is they make "Maps" which are extremely rare items (look like glass bottles) that are one charge expendable, with the effect of "spawning" an expedition. They range in difficulty from "Very Easy Map" to "Very Difficult Map" (which would, of course, spawn an expedition scaled to the difficulty level). They can be fished... and not sure how else they could be found, but other ways (rare boss drops I think???). Maybe roughly the rarity of rainbow crystals (in terms of EZ rarities)

If the expeditions were "spawned" based on something like this rather than daily, I would be down. Just my thoughts.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 02:55:34 pm by Darpey » Logged

Premador

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2015, 03:07:05 pm »

Backflagging some alts lately i have found.
1. T7 is my fav zone minus the bosses spawning all over. Bosses don't really get much harder through the chain.
2. T6 is nice for the armor drops and is relatively tough when breaking in.
3. T5 is a real cool zone minus the water and rooted mobs.

What would I like to see?

1. Some are going to flame me for this, but the WoW armor system was cool for the different grades of armor that could drop(when super rare stuff wasn't common). Common, rare and super rare. Was always cool to find a super rare item. Was a bit of progression inside the progression. And the guys that put in the time will end up with the good stuff. Make it a token that needs faction and you remove the money progression.
2. A main boss that requires some tactics. Make him easily spawnable but real hard.
3. As a casual player something I can work on, spend 45 here 45 there hour here hour there. Not asking to make it any easier, but like someone else said lots cant dedicate 4 hours to do a certain task.  Like T9 i like the zone but its real hard to dedicate enough time to get to any bosses. If the counters for T9 would stay active for like 3-4 days then awesome!
4. Tasks/Quests. Gives purpose to mindnumbing farming at times. This could be used in conjunction with #1 for common armor drops to smooth zone break in.
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2015, 03:26:07 pm »

First problem I see with some of these ideas..

How do you balance a zone for a 6boxer AND a 18boxer?

it eliminates DPS as a check...

Someone said Ultra rare item drops with flashy skins ....like that idea... (T8 caster main hand..t7 ranged items)

Quests across many zones sounds awesome... does t10 even have to be a zone? how about a collection quest..spawning rare bosses with turn-ins from rare bosses.... not the zerg the zone for loot...but have people do old school quests and then after 3 or 4 quests combine the rewards for a token that spawns a ubber boss in a tier 10 turn in zone...almost like POair.   

You could have crafting...questing...rare mobs..trigger mobs...all kinds of stuff...across dozens of zones...

some...maybe most..of you will hate this.... would be better IMHO to ever quest then ever grind....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 383