Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 01:28:04 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12
Print
Author Topic: T10 Thoughts/Musings  (Read 76566 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2015, 03:33:36 pm »

This thread is exploding. I'm really glad to see it. :-)

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2015, 03:33:56 pm »

What I would love to see from T10 is some actual real competition between players and guilds.

You want T10 to be longer and more difficult to farm? No instances for the first 6 months. Real competition for boss spawns. Personally I'm tired of sitting in my own instances every single tier; the content all blends together without any real interaction.

Blarr!
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2015, 03:53:12 pm »

What I would love to see from T10 is some actual real competition between players and guilds.

You want T10 to be longer and more difficult to farm? No instances for the first 6 months. Real competition for boss spawns. Personally I'm tired of sitting in my own instances every single tier; the content all blends together without any real interaction.

I really have to disagree here, because this would pretty much assure that the lower time to play crowd isn't going anywhere, maybe ever.

Backflagging some alts lately i have found.
1. T7 is my fav zone minus the bosses spawning all over. Bosses don't really get much harder through the chain.
2. T6 is nice for the armor drops and is relatively tough when breaking in.
3. T5 is a real cool zone minus the water and rooted mobs.

What would I like to see?

1. Some are going to flame me for this, but the WoW armor system was cool for the different grades of armor that could drop(when super rare stuff wasn't common). Common, rare and super rare. Was always cool to find a super rare item. Was a bit of progression inside the progression. And the guys that put in the time will end up with the good stuff. Make it a token that needs faction and you remove the money progression.
2. A main boss that requires some tactics. Make him easily spawnable but real hard.
3. As a casual player something I can work on, spend 45 here 45 there hour here hour there. Not asking to make it any easier, but like someone else said lots cant dedicate 4 hours to do a certain task.  Like T9 i like the zone but its real hard to dedicate enough time to get to any bosses. If the counters for T9 would stay active for like 3-4 days then awesome!
4. Tasks/Quests. Gives purpose to mindnumbing farming at times. This could be used in conjunction with #1 for common armor drops to smooth zone break in.

I like the idea of armor and then rare armor, and then super rare items, but I don't think this would be good for our visable armor, but it would be a great idea for our off slot items as well as the weapons/range items/power source/ammo slots

lastly I have to say im not a fan of expeditions, at all. Hate, Akka, and many others have spent well over 300+ hours this month trying to just get the 2 mini things to work. Can we just go back to real zones. Lock out periods are just dumb imo. Real zones, real instances, no tom foolery with this please.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2015, 04:02:34 pm »

lastly I have to say im not a fan of expeditions, at all. Hate, Akka, and many others have spent well over 300+ hours this month trying to just get the 2 mini things to work. Can we just go back to real zones. Lock out periods are just dumb imo. Real zones, real instances, no tom foolery with this please.

These are in place to SPECIFICALLY address those without hours to dump each week. They will not hand them the progression, but allow incremental gains until he/she can dump time into the zone. The time spent by Akkadius has been rewriting the expedition system has been to make it absurdly efficient and to fix a lot of the stability issues too. The system he wrote and pretty much re-wrote allows Love and I to VERY quickly assemble an instance. The T5 mini was done in 1 afternoon. These things are neat and useful, but not intended as the content "main course" but more of a content "snack" or "appetizer". :-)

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2015, 04:10:30 pm »

I loved t8!  I hate wide open zones like t5 and t9.....I think something in a zone like Kael would be cool...or something in a new zone from UF that IS NOT WIDE OPEN....having to travel all over the map 12 dozen times is a pita.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2015, 04:32:17 pm »

oh, one other thing, a LOT of testing done before release Smiley

possibly off server testing, like akka's server

just to get everything really smooth before a big release party!

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2015, 04:46:04 pm »

A real quick thought regarding T10, since Hunter removed rampage and AE's were made resistable, the ONLY thing that has really mattered in terms of progression has been focusing all gear upgrades into a single character...the main tank.  You used to have to keep your alts geared ALONG with your tank if you had any hope of reasonably getting through relevant content, relevant content meaning content you were currently geared for.  Now all people have to do is farm sls, buy credits or w/e currency is en vogue and they buy gear upgrades 3 tiers ahead of their alts, since all that matters is keeping the tank alive long enough to kill the mobs.  I think T10 needs to bring back the disparity between the people that gear appropriately and people that skip tiered content. 

There have been a lot of suggestions already that I both agree with and disagree with, and I really hope to be able to devote enough time to offer more fleshed out thoughts regarding the actual content.  But first and foremost I think T10 needs to be T10, not T9+1...make it a challenge that requires T10 worthy gear to be able to do it.  I also think it's about time to give up tuning shit around people not wielding UW's, honestly they aren't necessary until at least T8 for even casuals to do and I don't know of anyone past T7 that doesn't already have a UW.  Balance T10 early parts around having at least a UW on the warrior and balance T10 harder parts on having multiple UW wielders.

Darinow

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2015, 04:49:28 pm »

Not sure my opinion counts here yet since t9 isnt farm status, but heres my two cents.  The not t7ish omgwtfbbq huge zone with random boss spawns is a good idea.  T6 was much better overall, just starts to suck a bit with uc2 grinding but it covers your necessities.  Having a hard t10 will be amazing...not just mindless slaughter of easy mobs for your drops then rinse/wash/repeat.  Dont know if scripted fights are even an option or how that would be handled since everyone is boxing anyways.   The token system for hoh/poa wasnt horrible...atleast back when it was end game...sure it could get repetitive but you had the choice of farming tokens and uc1s or trying for armor/4.0 books.  Maybe this system could be revised to multiple steps to spawn certain bosses and have acc slot stuff easier to attain, perhaps with the varied rarity that ends up being time put in is relative to reward...maybe have accessories drop a base version, and then have tasks using zone common items that are also used for other things to upgrade them to a better version.  Then it would be a choice as to what you work on.

Like the idea for mini events/dungeons for some of the content...wont let you easy mode it, but maybe make an alternate route for obtaining more items/components you need a crap ton of.

My only concern is going to be ever getting to sde t10 myself as the difficulty will probably be scaled to be hard for the people sitting around for god knows how long farming 6+ uwxi's  rank whatever earrings and max soa/roa etc.  If youre not already in t9 sounds like youre looking at a year or more to complete t10.  However long to get to t9...put it on farm status, finish up uc3's and a butt load of uwxi's/earrings/etc before you can even peek inside t10 without being instagibbed.  But i suppose we'll see what happens.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2015, 04:54:46 pm »

Some are going to flame me for this, but the WoW armor system was cool for the different grades of armor that could drop(when super rare stuff wasn't common). Common, rare and super rare. Was always cool to find a super rare item

That was another one of those things that Blizzard <ahem> "borrowed" from another game...but yes, this can be a lot of fun. We saw a smidge of that in the tiers with the new weapons and the rares....but more would be cool.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2015, 04:56:52 pm »

I really have to disagree here, because this would pretty much assure that the lower time to play crowd isn't going anywhere, maybe ever.

Not sure what you mean Rent. Limiting instancing doesn't really have anything to do with lower play time. Someone with limited time to play can still beat you to a boss spawn during their play time.

Don't you ever feel like, even as the content changes from tier to tier, that's it's becoming the same grind every time? Everybody heads to their private instance. Someone figures out how to get all the loot, the information disperses, everybody waits for the next tier.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 04:58:32 pm by Blurring » Logged

Blarr!
spuddson

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2015, 05:06:00 pm »

I kinda like the idea of having mini events/key items ( 2-4 items or armor to progress to next hop.

Think back to the original POSky zone where you had to hop islands.

This way its gona take a while to get to the epic 10 boss as you have to drag your crew each stage.

Or just turn VT into T10 lol
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2015, 05:15:05 pm »

What would be really cool is a T10 zone for epics, a T10 zone for armor and a T10 zone for your off slot items. What are you doing? T10! Which T10? gonna do armor today for my crew, so T10b (whatever). Next day or so do epics, mix it up.

This is a really cool idea!  I am reading some really good thoughts here!

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2015, 05:15:32 pm »

Not sure what you mean Rent. Limiting instancing doesn't really have anything to do with lower play time. Someone with limited time to play can still beat you to a boss spawn during their play time.

Don't you ever feel like, even as the content changes from tier to tier, that's it's becoming the same grind every time? Everybody heads to their private instance. Someone figures out how to get all the loot, the information disperses, everybody waits for the next tier.

As someone who has played P99 long enough to get to the raid scene, I STRONGLY disagree with removing instances... 90% of why p99 is a bad game is because of lack of instances, IMO... instances good... fighting over rare spawns bad

One word... "poopsock"

HOWEVER, some sort of incentive to encourage cooperation across members of EZ would be neat... not sure how that would look, but forcing boss fights to be public is not the solution, IMO
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 05:19:57 pm by Darpey » Logged

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2015, 05:23:15 pm »

I was thinking about ways to incentivise cooperation from other players, and i thought about T5... I remember some fun times when we had 70 players (4-5 actual people) in one instance of T5 killing crap... it was good because EVERYONE was getting credit for the kills, and would shout rots if they didn't need them.

Some sort of "flag" system that could flag EVERYONE in a zone/raid at once (in place of a "collect this and that" T9ish quest) would encourage cooperation
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 05:25:15 pm by Darpey » Logged

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2015, 05:27:30 pm »

There have been a lot of suggestions already that I both agree with and disagree with, and I really hope to be able to devote enough time to offer more fleshed out thoughts regarding the actual content.  But first and foremost I think T10 needs to be T10, not T9+1...make it a challenge that requires T10 worthy gear to be able to do it.  I also think it's about time to give up tuning shit around people not wielding UW's, honestly they aren't necessary until at least T8 for even casuals to do and I don't know of anyone past T7 that doesn't already have a UW.  Balance T10 early parts around having at least a UW on the warrior and balance T10 harder parts on having multiple UW wielders.
[/b]

I strongly disagree with this statement. You are going to pigeon hole people into getting multiple UW. In my opinion, UW needs to stop at some point. Probably wrong thread, actually I know it is, but there is no reason to balance content on UW's... unless you make T10 have 2 versions, hardmode with greater drops and regular with normal drop rate.

Keeze
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 95
  • Online Ever: 8678