Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:41:19 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31
Print
Author Topic: T10 Bugs/Problems/Questions  (Read 185737 times)
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: February 24, 2017, 04:07:03 pm »

Krucial, I have heard that he still spawns through open portals but it is a VERY rare chance of him spawning.  I have only had him once (and I did run through a portal to get him to spawn) I had been killing bandits previously so I don't know what, if anything, one had to do with the other.  I have had Rokki and Little Jaugn plenty.....but in all this time just ONE Sharp.  Shocked

I just finished grinding Sarnak rep from 0 all the way up to max ally on my warrior. During this grind, I was clearing the Sarnak area too fast so I bounced between killing Sarnaks > Bandits > running thru an open portal. I repeated this process around 100 times at least and never got him to spawn.
Bruni

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 25, 2017, 02:46:03 am »

I have been running a whoe trough open portals killing bandits in between but no sighn of Grimfoot:(
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 27, 2017, 04:17:13 pm »

Sharpclaw is busted. I've spent tons of time in the zone the past two weeks. Saw every boss dozens of times other than Den Mother (3 times, granted I spent very little time trying to spawn her). I just finished grinding two different reputations from start to finish, killed 550-600 Plagueborne, and farmed 8 Sun Shards. Never saw this butthole spawn once, and I ran thru portals many hundreds of times. I'm scratching my head as to why nobody else posts about this. It's clear he spawned at some point since the revamp of the zone, but for you warriors who actually finished the quest out there, how long has it been since you've seen him? Previously, he used to be the most common boss spawn in the zone.

On another note, I noticed the temporary Vampires in the caves are behaving oddly. It's partially a  bug I saw in beta and early on, with a new twist. The newer part is: The only mobs that spawn down there at 9pm that path out of the caves are the 2 'Vampiric Champions'. These 2 will despawn with all of the rest of the temporary undead in the zone at 6am. The other 12 or so Vampires that spawned will stick in the cave and not path out like they used to. Also, when 6am rolls around, they stay put, which after multiple night cycles,  leads to a mass of hundreds upon hundreds of vampires all lodged in the cave if the zone has been open for multiple hours. If this is intended, cool, but I can't imagine an infinite spawning pile of mobs being intended.

On another nother note, a freshly created instance of Sunderock is extremly responsive towards spawning triggers and chests for the first hour or two, and then it's almost like the zone slows to a crawl (not lag, just the scripts themselves). Killing 500 mobs in the beginning can spawn 1-3 chests and spawn triggers chains leading to mini-bosses all over the map, and then for the next 4 to 6 hours you don't even see that many afterwards. This is something I only recently noticed, as I spent so much of my time in the public zone until a few days ago. The public zone, being almost always open due to it never being empty of players, never really gets a fresh reset unless the server goes down. Every day that I started killing inside of instance with a freshly opened zone, I couldn't believe how much stuff would spawn in the first hour. At first I thought it may be RNG, but it's held true for 4-5 days in a row so far. I've gone 6 hours in public and seen 1-2 chests spawn total, but since I started using instances I'm finding more chests than I can find keys for.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 04:19:19 pm by Kruciel » Logged
Peign
« Reply #423 on: February 27, 2017, 07:28:33 pm »

Sharpclaw is busted. I've spent tons of time in the zone the past two weeks. Saw every boss dozens of times other than Den Mother (3 times, granted I spent very little time trying to spawn her). I just finished grinding two different reputations from start to finish, killed 550-600 Plagueborne, and farmed 8 Sun Shards. Never saw this butthole spawn once, and I ran thru portals many hundreds of times. I'm scratching my head as to why nobody else posts about this. It's clear he spawned at some point since the revamp of the zone, but for you warriors who actually finished the quest out there, how long has it been since you've seen him? Previously, he used to be the most common boss spawn in the zone.

On another note, I noticed the temporary Vampires in the caves are behaving oddly. It's partially a  bug I saw in beta and early on, with a new twist. The newer part is: The only mobs that spawn down there at 9pm that path out of the caves are the 2 'Vampiric Champions'. These 2 will despawn with all of the rest of the temporary undead in the zone at 6am. The other 12 or so Vampires that spawned will stick in the cave and not path out like they used to. Also, when 6am rolls around, they stay put, which after multiple night cycles,  leads to a mass of hundreds upon hundreds of vampires all lodged in the cave if the zone has been open for multiple hours. If this is intended, cool, but I can't imagine an infinite spawning pile of mobs being intended.

On another nother note, a freshly created instance of Sunderock is extremly responsive towards spawning triggers and chests for the first hour or two, and then it's almost like the zone slows to a crawl (not lag, just the scripts themselves). Killing 500 mobs in the beginning can spawn 1-3 chests and spawn triggers chains leading to mini-bosses all over the map, and then for the next 4 to 6 hours you don't even see that many afterwards. This is something I only recently noticed, as I spent so much of my time in the public zone until a few days ago. The public zone, being almost always open due to it never being empty of players, never really gets a fresh reset unless the server goes down. Every day that I started killing inside of instance with a freshly opened zone, I couldn't believe how much stuff would spawn in the first hour. At first I thought it may be RNG, but it's held true for 4-5 days in a row so far. I've gone 6 hours in public and seen 1-2 chests spawn total, but since I started using instances I'm finding more chests than I can find keys for.

When I decided to farm Sharp, I got him 2x  (a week or 2 ago) and he dropped his soul 1x.      Not saying it isn't bugged, but definitely spawned.    I've spawned him 3x total, same amount that I've spawned Den Mother.

I hope this is not made too easy. 

The instance issue, bugging out after an hour is what I meant by instances bugging out/behaving abnormally.    Had no data on it just info from tells and first hand experience.    A 2nd pub would be nice.
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 27, 2017, 09:33:26 pm »

I hope this is not made too easy. 

Don't worry, Soul of Den Mother already makes it a giant bag of dicks to finish. If Sharp has intentionally been made into the rarest spawn in the zone, that's fine I guess. I just don't understand why, since I used to pop him 7+ times a day back when the zone was a demented nightmare  Undecided

The only thing I can come up with in the changelog to the zone that sounds like it could effect his spawn were the changes to NPCs fighting each other. I remember from an extremely early talk I had with Hate regarding spawn mechanics. I mentioned Sharpclaw just being as simple as run thru 'an open portal' every few hours and he pops first try 100% of the time, to which he replied "Sharp isn't timed". So seeing as how I used to pop him 100% of the time on the very first portal every 150 minutes or so, even if I just AFKed and watched TV, it makes me think the NPC fighting going on was actually fulfilling whatever spawn requirements he needed. The only NPCs I haven't killed very much that used to fight are the goops and gnoll miners, which both seem to be 100% useless. The Gnoll Miners still have their retarded Stonewall dispelling ability, and they don't even make your Gnoll kill counters go up for the faction quests. Anyhow, that's basically the only theory I have.

I'm all for shit being rare, that's fine. But like I said before, with the amount of time I spent in there to not even see him once when he used to be THE MOST common of all the boss spawns, let alone actually have him drop the quest item... That hurts my brain. At this rate I could finish another 2 sets of Ultimate Armor and another UW12 upgrade just to finish a little augment on a single character? It seems more broken than 'rare'
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 27, 2017, 09:49:36 pm »

BTW, I noticed this goofy looking error message when running thru one of the portals earlier today. Typically, I only get the yellow message followed by the two "Fading Memories doesn't work here dummy" messaages. No clue why this would show up.

Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 28, 2017, 05:13:45 pm »

On a positive note, I feel like listing the amount of things that blew me away when I came back.

• Desync ROF2 issue abolished! Thank you x1000000 to anyone who worked on fixing that, seriously.
  • Zone spawns cleaned up so MQ2map would stop trying to destroy people's clients.
  • Traps gone: Awesome
  • Archers gone: ABOUT FUCKING TIME
  • Completely retarded tier token award system removed and replaced with drops: one of the original reasons I had a meltdown and quit the zone in the first place. There was just so much fun involved in needing 112 Sarnak Tier pieces, having 1 boss spawn broken, and the other be an RNG spawn at 9pm, finally having said boss spawn, and getting 0 pieces of Tier awarded for at least a dozen kills in a row. Woooooo
  • Boss spawns actually working: Cool I had always wondered what Vaxxol, Little Jaughn, Den Mother, Warlord Zug, Darkpaw, and Forgemaster actually looked like.
  • Removal of pointless quests which seemed to do nothing, award nothing, and get no responses on the forums: Yay, no headaches for the newer players
  • Ultimate Armor questline: Awesome

I can't stress this enough. The zone is absolutely amazing compared to the state it was in when i last took a long break.

Oh yeah, and the T10 Expedition is neato too!  Kiss Although it could use some serious checks on NPCs spawning in walls, underground, and actually pathing directly thru walls.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 05:26:59 pm by Kruciel » Logged
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 19, 2017, 05:49:59 pm »

Kinda funny but...I have now completed all 3 factions and have 6 of 8 UA pieces (chest,legs,hands,1 wrist,arms,feet) and sitting at a PB kill 960/1000....seems the epic count is still too high to have all 3 factions a majority of the UA complete and still be S.O.L. on an epic.....On a positive note I have all the esse's/Master esse/EoN required for the next UW once I get done with 40 more PB kills........ Undecided

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 20, 2017, 04:08:06 pm »

Also noticed yesterday that at 9a.m. (gametime) I ran to the open portal (near the waterfall by ramp up to old orc #2) and entered it and Sharpclaw spawned....not sure if time had anything to do with it or not but felt was worth noting.  So he spawns just not all the time just very very rarely. Also to note I was not killing ANY bandits when he spawned heck I didnt kill bandits for a week or two.

Peign
« Reply #429 on: March 30, 2017, 02:53:16 pm »

Additional Data on PB Spawns:

So, I rolled 3 new toons and revived 2 toons that hadn't been played since 2012.    Just finished T10 armor on the last toon and Ally faction for both Sarnak and Orc.     PB count:   538.    If I had additional toons and or was not ally with gnolls already my projected PB count after all factions complete would be 807.     Thats not bad at all.    Note, I did not do the mini at all.  You can get close to 20 pbs doing the mini.   So add the mini into the mix and am very close to finishing PB quest with just ally with 3 factions.

Interesting fact,  538 pbs yielded  0 sun shards.     4-6 hammer pieces though, just none happened to be shards. 

Anyway, some additional info for you data geeks out there.

Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 30, 2017, 04:07:20 pm »

so add in about what? 30ish runs in expedition and you will be done with PB's on those toons.

not so bad.

Thanks for the data.

Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 31, 2017, 01:04:16 am »

Personally I don't see the mini giving enough incentive with the changes to PBs in Sunderock for now. It seems like PB count was the original intent to draw people into running it, but with the t10 changes to PBs spawning at an increased rate as well as directly on top of the mob that triggers them, it just seems pointless. I only ran it 3 times before just leaving it out of my normal farm. There's just so much to do in t10 itself that PB count really isn't that big a deal anymore. From grinding all 3 reputations, to hunting for rare drops, to hunting for Boss Souls, to hunting for Sun Shards (no clue if these can drop in the mini, but I'm guessing not)

It just seems like the original incentive to do the mini has been made null by the revamps to t10. I think the guaranteed essence off the boss is the only draw to it for the time being. I know nobody wants to see it become an essence pinata or an easy-skip to the PB quest by upping the spawnrate even further. I think one thing that could pull my attention to running the mini would be to add Scalding Keys to drop inside. I had keys rotting in t10 by the end of double loot, but ran out of them within a week of it ending. I haven't even seen a key drop in the past few grind sessions, yet there are locked chests up all the time  Sad. Anyone have ideas as to other options? Disagree? Curious what others think that have run it a few times.
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 31, 2017, 04:56:28 pm »

Would be cool if bards and rogues could pick the locked chests......not like you dont have to clear to them anyway

Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 01, 2017, 05:48:43 pm »

That'd be a bit too much on the freebie side imo.
Denzig

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 02, 2017, 03:46:30 pm »

Summoner's Pack is not working in T10 public. If you create the pet in public, weps in the bag do not equip. Zoning into an instance equips them. If you create the pet in an instance and zone to public, weps remain.

Denzig <STONE>
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053