Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:19:34 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15
Print
Author Topic: New Content  (Read 88051 times)
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 05, 2016, 02:04:03 pm »

The T9 cock block is for spells is real....all bosses should drop spells and the problem would be solved or make more undead...

I was wrong ok!

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 05, 2016, 03:00:58 pm »

I think the whole spell research thing is fine for the 2 tiers behind method, but I always found it to be weird that just by being spell casters there are zero cost upgrades for casters as long as the spells drop.  Maybe a compromise would be to allow casters to purchase their spells with an on tier essence cost involved.  When breaking into a zone, most people use the first essences they get to upgrade strike augs for their melee...why not let them sacrifice a couple essences for the spells their casters need as well?
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 05, 2016, 09:30:03 pm »

yea but to offset this some of the spells are really hard to get...more so when you are first in the zone... where as you will have your essence to do the strike upgrades in a few days...I am still hunting for spells in t9

walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 06, 2016, 09:54:05 am »

Okay then what about T8.. I'm still looking for a couple spells, skin of Drake for example.. meanwhile I rotted 10001 pet illusions.. I think the drop table needs looking at

Peign
« Reply #139 on: November 06, 2016, 10:20:11 am »

Ok, I do not believe T10 can be salvaged.   Between crashes, no instances and it's general state of fubar,  can we just scrap T10 and start over?    This is by far the worst implementation in the history of EZ.     

Actually, can we just scrap everything doucheborne implemented  (minus some spells maybe) and roll back to Hunters EZ?       
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 06, 2016, 06:49:23 pm »

T10 does have major issues. I find it hard to log in since the zone is so poorly designed. The kill counts for all armors is whaaat (which btw is silly as it encourages folks to deck all toons in one set of gear), the kill count for epic is insane, constant rez for stacked toons, not sure if traps are gone but they sucked, lag is bad and worst of all I can't use my map without setting high and low to 150 even then it doesn't really work. Plus no instances and no spawn detector = poop. The zone is too big and the quests are flawed imo.

Mersedez

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 07, 2016, 07:53:52 am »

Ok, I do not believe T10 can be salvaged.   Between crashes, no instances and it's general state of fubar,  can we just scrap T10 and start over?      

I have to agree, T10 really does suck and should be trashed. I created 3 new toons after I got all my armor for my first 15 toons. Now I can't change faction when I hail the gnome and give him plats because gnolls are lame. The pathing for the gnolls just suck, they run all over the place before they even come to you. Even bringing just my warrior in the zone it's always a 5-30 delay for when I use a clicky or hit the attack button.

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 07, 2016, 08:24:13 am »

I think the whole spell research thing is fine for the 2 tiers behind method, but I always found it to be weird that just by being spell casters there are zero cost upgrades for casters as long as the spells drop

So what do melee have to upgrade that costs other than strikes? Sure, UW...but a mage with a UW is every bit as gnarly dps as many other classes, and better than many. And as for strikes, caster mana neck is IMO every bit as much of a must have as strike augs to make their dps in any way viable compared to melee dps....and while the costs may not be AS heavy they are still heavy...and honestly caster dps takes longer fights to show in any way. I'd say its balanced well enough.

And HOLY SHIT!!! I am actually agreeing with Peign. Someone mark the date Cheesy

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 07, 2016, 11:37:08 am »

I think the whole spell research thing is fine for the 2 tiers behind method, but I always found it to be weird that just by being spell casters there are zero cost upgrades for casters as long as the spells drop

So what do melee have to upgrade that costs other than strikes? Sure, UW...but a mage with a UW is every bit as gnarly dps as many other classes, and better than many. And as for strikes, caster mana neck is IMO every bit as much of a must have as strike augs to make their dps in any way viable compared to melee dps....and while the costs may not be AS heavy they are still heavy...and honestly caster dps takes longer fights to show in any way. I'd say its balanced well enough.

And HOLY SHIT!!! I am actually agreeing with Peign. Someone mark the date Cheesy

EZ Server GM
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 07, 2016, 03:12:12 pm »

A little off topic I know but the Freaking Gem collector in OT is in need of some attention...

things life span is less than 30 seconds now from spawn and people loot and scoot...

its on a fixed timer.. so people just wait for it to spawn and its just stupid ...random spawn? random time? ...10x the hps?

with DT clickys and scrolls this thing goes down almost instantly...

maybe it could have 2 forms..one immune to melee and one immune to spells...random spawn...just something to make this more that it is.

just some thoughts
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 03:17:17 pm by balidet » Logged

Peign
« Reply #145 on: November 07, 2016, 04:39:38 pm »

A little off topic I know but the Freaking Gem collector in OT is in need of some attention...

things life span is less than 30 seconds now from spawn and people loot and scoot...

its on a fixed timer.. so people just wait for it to spawn and its just stupid ...random spawn? random time? ...10x the hps?

with DT clickys and scrolls this thing goes down almost instantly...

maybe it could have 2 forms..one immune to melee and one immune to spells...random spawn...just something to make this more that it is.

just some thoughts

Yes to all

Random timer would be great.  It is on an 8 hour timer now and it's announcement goes to Other chat.   I keep other chat hidden so poor Recluse hasn't seen the GC in quite some time.    Also, we should be able to use all of our items in OT.   There are a few items that cannot be used. 
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 07, 2016, 07:20:57 pm »

Ok, I do not believe T10 can be salvaged.   Between crashes, no instances and it's general state of fubar,  can we just scrap T10 and start over?    This is by far the worst implementation in the history of EZ.     

Actually, can we just scrap everything doucheborne implemented  (minus some spells maybe) and roll back to Hunters EZ?       

I agree. I like the idea behind t10 but the zone is just too jacked up and quests are borked.....if we could fix the zone quests (although i hope it doesnt screw with the folks who have already killed a couple hundred PB's, like me, cause i would hate to have to start that all over again from square one)....or make it so boss spawns are proper and have a main named mob at end that drops a epic book.....I don't know how it can be un-borked....

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 07, 2016, 08:36:39 pm »

Just allowing at least 12 if not more into the daily would make more sense....the 6 is a stupid cock block and i don't understand why they ever did that....

bridgitx

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 08, 2016, 03:16:01 pm »

What is gem collector used for? And what does he drop besides ninja.

What am i missing by not killing him?
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 09, 2016, 02:12:43 am »

I first posted this idea on an entirely new thread. Let's start a new EZ server rolled back to T9 and without higher Halloween pets (no mitigation and limited hp/damage boost,) UWs, Shield of the Ages or EoA implemented. No exp boost items either, or gift options for xp boost. The donation items could be added as the server progresses, only to ease adoption for newer players and for things like group lev, shrink, pets etc. Free waypoints could require a minimum donation like $25 early adoption rate which would be an immediate boost to funds as 100 people would pay this gladly, and this could double after that. That's $2,500 right off the bat to pay infrastructure expenses (anymore than this would bring in diminished returns more than likely.)

This server could easily handle two instances of eqemu at once, and I bet that we would find the new server would outpace the old in terms of active players and would eventually replace it. Don't roll back this server, that's a fucked up thing to do to people that have toughed it out. Just start a concurrent one.

I feel that now is the right time to do this as the interest in this server is waning more and more. The weak Halloween event did not help matters. This would also give time to fix or redo T10.

Really if I were to do this also I would reduce all the stats. I feel this is a big hinderance in making new content as the numbers in ez are beyond ridiculous. A good start would be to divide damage and hp stats serverwide by 10. instead of rocking 10m hp, we should be at 1m. This would be an immediate improvement across the board and would be the easiest to carry out in order to avoid long term delays in starting the new server.

Overtime we could also adjust the screwy mitigation percentages and crazy ass haste boosts which render weapon delays irrelevant.

As far as additional content, I feel like more and more we have tried to reinvent the wheel instead of just using the quests and zone structures already in place in the game. There is nearly an unlimited amount of material in this game, tweak the zone and it is new content. We could be raiding Karanors or Kurns or Blackburrow or Dragon Necropolis or a million other zones at high level.

I once loved EZ server, it was my game of choice and really felt like I was accomplishing something here. I always helped others, just as I was helped from time to time by higher levels. I want to feel that again, and if that makes me, to paraphrase one person's blunt criticism, a washed up has been wishing to relive my former days of glory on EZserver, then so be it. Although that's a bit much, considering I never was and never wanted to be the best, I just wanted to be somewhere in the top 30% or so of players. I have always been the guy who was the first to congratulate others on their accomplishments and never bragged about my own, though it was always nice to say, "I finally made it!" as I finally reached a goal, and to see my fellow guildies woop.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 142