Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:27:31 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15
Print
Author Topic: New Content  (Read 88045 times)
Mersedez

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 28, 2016, 06:51:54 pm »

So what's the deal with T10?
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 29, 2016, 11:46:58 am »

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 29, 2016, 12:37:25 pm »

Ohh this is a question that been answered in such agonizing detail on this board...do some reading..

Peign
« Reply #168 on: November 29, 2016, 01:33:51 pm »

Ohh this is a question that been answered in such agonizing detail on this board...do some reading..

So what's the deal with T10
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 29, 2016, 03:26:58 pm »

Akka will get to it when he can...he is only one person...and last i heard he had a death in his family...which kinda takes precedence over EZ....I know that is asking a lot but sometimes (and by that i mean rarely) RL trumps EZ.....other than that T10 has been up for almost a year now and Akka has worked on it to make it more playable....he is asking folks feedback on the zone....

Hey all!

First, life couldn't have been more busy for me in the past few months so giving proper time to things has been limited. I've had many life changes to work through.

There are a handful of things that I have had planned for projects, many of them EQEmu/EZ related.

Rent has been graciously cooking awesome things behind the scenes and he has been very helpful over the past few months. He's done amazing work, and I've been impressed with how much he has helped the server.

This community has always been strong in expressing views and ideas, and I would like to make an open invitation to everyone reading this to express what they would really like to see on the server content wise.

I realize there are some things in other threads that need attention but I still have the following questions for you all.

Get into these thoughts and express what excites you about playing, but please refrain from getting too carried away and derailing this thread.

Ask yourself what small things could be done, that could better the quality of life of an everyday player.

What things have been broken for a long time that could use some TLC.

If a new tier were to be built, what would you want it to look like? What style of content? Would you want it to be T5 style, or even mimic the content structure of live's mission grinding for credits, doing dungeon crawls. What did you like about previous tiers?

What are things that are absolutely dreadfully annoying about existing content that is beyond reason (not talking about grinds, but feature creep)

Would you like to see an alternative entirely to T10? What would that challenge look like to you (Again, a previous tier style? Dungeon crawl?)

What do you like about gear progression upgrades and what would you like to see more of.

Some of you long standing veterans with tons of ideas and have played this server forever should have a fresh idea of what has really motivated them and what they have had FUN with.

I'm interested to hear your guys' thoughts.

Go!

you can find 12 pages worth of reading here:
http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=5253.0

...and easier than that all you have to do is click on PAGE 1 of this thread.......
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 03:29:41 pm by Orthanos » Logged

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Peign
« Reply #170 on: November 29, 2016, 05:21:51 pm »

Akka will get to it when he can...he is only one person...and last i heard he had a death in his family...which kinda takes precedence over EZ....I know that is asking a lot but sometimes (and by that i mean rarely) RL trumps EZ.....other than that T10 has been up for almost a year now and Akka has worked on it to make it more playable....he is asking folks feedback on the zone....

Hey all!

First, life couldn't have been more busy for me in the past few months so giving proper time to things has been limited. I've had many life changes to work through.

There are a handful of things that I have had planned for projects, many of them EQEmu/EZ related.

Rent has been graciously cooking awesome things behind the scenes and he has been very helpful over the past few months. He's done amazing work, and I've been impressed with how much he has helped the server.

This community has always been strong in expressing views and ideas, and I would like to make an open invitation to everyone reading this to express what they would really like to see on the server content wise.

I realize there are some things in other threads that need attention but I still have the following questions for you all.

Get into these thoughts and express what excites you about playing, but please refrain from getting too carried away and derailing this thread.

Ask yourself what small things could be done, that could better the quality of life of an everyday player.

What things have been broken for a long time that could use some TLC.

If a new tier were to be built, what would you want it to look like? What style of content? Would you want it to be T5 style, or even mimic the content structure of live's mission grinding for credits, doing dungeon crawls. What did you like about previous tiers?

What are things that are absolutely dreadfully annoying about existing content that is beyond reason (not talking about grinds, but feature creep)

Would you like to see an alternative entirely to T10? What would that challenge look like to you (Again, a previous tier style? Dungeon crawl?)

What do you like about gear progression upgrades and what would you like to see more of.

Some of you long standing veterans with tons of ideas and have played this server forever should have a fresh idea of what has really motivated them and what they have had FUN with.

I'm interested to hear your guys' thoughts.

Go!

you can find 12 pages worth of reading here:
http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=5253.0

...and easier than that all you have to do is click on PAGE 1 of this thread.......

Serra Angel

Heavenly incarnation of fury and purity.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: November 29, 2016, 05:58:11 pm »

Dreadful stuff needing changes is like abyss bosses simply not popping from random mob kills for months on end or class specific armor in T4 that just won't drop at all.

I'd like to see rangers archery actually miss or get prevented by damage mitigation. Arrows shouldn't ever be smart missiles. Arrows should be dodgable.

The very young to the very old know best the song that angels sing.
Peign
« Reply #172 on: November 29, 2016, 06:04:10 pm »

Dreadful stuff needing changes is like abyss bosses simply not popping from random mob kills for months on end or class specific armor in T4 that just won't drop at all.

I'd like to see rangers archery actually miss or get prevented by damage mitigation. Arrows shouldn't ever be smart missiles. Arrows should be dodgable.

I'd like to see classes never messed with again
Serra Angel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: November 29, 2016, 06:12:08 pm »

Don't mess with classes, then. Just stop having arrows automatically hit regardless of damage mitigation and chasing down opponents even when they hide behind rocks or corners.
That is ridiculous.

Peign
« Reply #174 on: November 29, 2016, 06:14:52 pm »

Don't mess with classes, then. Just stop having arrows automatically hit regardless of damage mitigation and chasing down opponents even when they hide behind rocks or corners.
That is ridiculous.

standard EQ mechanics.   I'm quite sure you are not dying from white dmg, my guess is that it would be mitigated.    Quite sure dmg mitigation does apply to the white dmg from arrows.

Are you Aythena?
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 30, 2016, 10:49:35 am »

Peign brings nothing useful to this thread, except the peign.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Serra Angel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: November 30, 2016, 05:42:20 pm »

No damage mitigation doesn't stop white damage of bows. Bows automatically hit. No this is not Athyena. It should.

Peign
« Reply #177 on: November 30, 2016, 06:41:57 pm »

No damage mitigation doesn't stop white damage of bows. Bows automatically hit. No this is not Athyena. It should.

Interesting.   Although, I doubt the white dmg is killing you.
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 02, 2016, 01:28:20 pm »

Damnit where'd the brunna thread go? I was having fun reading that shit Sad

Thread contribution:
Make shit hit less hard?

Keeze
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 02, 2016, 02:23:03 pm »

T10 needs to be fixed it's really bad. Seems the only person who beat it botted (plus others?). Plague quest is a joke. Juggernaught mass murder / traps suck. Three kinds of armor tripling the work makes no sense. Zone is almost unplayable due to lag. Map doesn't work. No instance sucks. Pathing sucks. Etc etc.

Can we get a do over or at least fix the outstanding issues?

If we fix the issues do the following:
- fix pathing
- allow armor selection but make it a zonewide kill count otherwise reduce the number of kills needed by 80%
- make plague quest 100 or 150, not 1000 for heavens sake
- optimize zone to reduce lag maybe reduce the number of npcs dramatically or make them spawn when you enter region (or replace zone entirely lol)
- fix map if possible
- destroy or reduce traps
- tweak jugger for less mass murder
- allow instancing
- let archers move
- other stuff

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members