Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:44:48 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15
Print
Author Topic: New Content  (Read 88043 times)
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: November 09, 2016, 03:24:29 am »

I disagree that interest is fading in this server and ask what you base that on? i see 300-500+ on every night and it's been a constant since i started here.

Don't make shit up to prove your point

If you want to do that they have plenty of other servers you can play on ....no reason it has to be EZ...

Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 09, 2016, 05:00:06 am »

I first posted this idea on an entirely new thread. Let's start a new EZ server rolled back to T9 and without higher Halloween pets (no mitigation and limited hp/damage boost,) UWs, Shield of the Ages or EoA implemented.
Would warriors even be able to survive a pull in t9 with that?
Peign
« Reply #152 on: November 09, 2016, 09:54:54 am »

I disagree that interest is fading in this server and ask what you base that on? i see 300-500+ on every night and it's been a constant since i started here.

Don't make shit up to prove your point

If you want to do that they have plenty of other servers you can play on ....no reason it has to be EZ...

shawnluc

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 11, 2016, 12:36:14 pm »

I may get flamed a bit, but I would love to see the Ultimate charm become a bit more streamlined.  I think initially, and like other items they were made to be a reward for grinding and spending a lot of time.  Something only the most dedicated and bored would achieve.  Now they are mostly required to progress.

Maybe have one each tier, make the requirements for the existing ones lower, and scale out the stats.  In the end it may take longer since there would be a quest each tier, and current charms wouldn't change, just maybe the name of the charm.  This would also make future tiers easier to balance.

Just my 2cp
Ekiir

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 11, 2016, 01:18:11 pm »

I may get flamed a bit, but I would love to see the Ultimate charm become a bit more streamlined.  I think initially, and like other items they were made to be a reward for grinding and spending a lot of time.  Something only the most dedicated and bored would achieve.  Now they are mostly required to progress.

Maybe have one each tier, make the requirements for the existing ones lower, and scale out the stats.  In the end it may take longer since there would be a quest each tier, and current charms wouldn't change, just maybe the name of the charm.  This would also make future tiers easier to balance.

Just my 2cp

Actually not a half bad idea, tbh - Your idea synerigzes really well with the backfarming people have to go through when start doing those UW's - Who's to say you gotta UC every single toon on your first pass through a tier - Unless you're an old-timer who's already got everything x1000, you're going to have to go back eventually and get those essences.

Personally I am looking at 18x300 ToV scales - Not a task i find particularly exciting! - Would be great if UC could be worked on while at the same time doing backfarming that has to be done anyway.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 01:23:25 pm by Ekiir » Logged

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 11, 2016, 03:21:58 pm »

I may get flamed a bit, but I would love to see the Ultimate charm become a bit more streamlined.  I think initially, and like other items they were made to be a reward for grinding and spending a lot of time.  Something only the most dedicated and bored would achieve.  Now they are mostly required to progress.

Maybe have one each tier, make the requirements for the existing ones lower, and scale out the stats.  In the end it may take longer since there would be a quest each tier, and current charms wouldn't change, just maybe the name of the charm.  This would also make future tiers easier to balance.

Just my 2cp

This was done with ToFS....people have suggested something similar for UCv3 with ToV scales....so good idea...just gotta wait to see if this is eventually done.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Enforce/Sector

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 12, 2016, 11:43:20 pm »

i think if we just have a similar zone to ToFs for v2/v3 upgrade backfarming it would be the tits.
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 13, 2016, 06:38:31 am »

i think if we just have a similar zone to ToFs for v2/v3 upgrade backfarming it would be the tits.

I can see v3....v2 is so frigging easy...and any alternate zone should be MUCH harder than the regular farm zone...just like how ToFS is harder than LDoN.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Peign
« Reply #158 on: November 13, 2016, 07:17:10 am »

Just my 2cp

I disagree with this.     As others have stated V2 is already very easy. V3 is only 2 tiers behind max content and definitely should not be made easier.     Getting 300 scales is not that difficult.
bridgitx

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 13, 2016, 07:40:27 am »

Uc is not a requirement. Except for maybe t10 which from all the posts is a broken zone.. I havent been there yet.

I did just fine with uc1 on my single group up through starting t9.

Was it slower? Yes. Was it horrible no.
Now that im in t9 with all my toons it really isnt an issue. Progress your main group as far as you can take them before farming current tier stuff for upgrades on uc and uw. The next tiers armor and weapons makes the last tier almost trivial. 

Pull till you kill your group a few times.. It lets you know what you can and cant handle. The more mobs the merrier.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 13, 2016, 04:41:40 pm »

ToFS wasnt easier than the alternative for v1/2...in fact it was often much harder. It was just an alternative. Thats what I'd like to see.....alternatives to T6 and T8, harder than the normal content but still doable, that would allow someone to still work charms without going insane.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Enforce/Sector

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 13, 2016, 09:39:41 pm »

Really, i couldn't care less about easy, i wouldn't mind if everything hit twice as hard and had twice as many hps in every progression zone I've been to so far.(besides t10 obviously). ToFs is fun because you can't just ez mode through the whole thing, mobs hit you a lot more often and you actually have to be careful sometimes unless your close to end game geared.

I care about monotony. Every single person on this server gets sick of seeing the same zone at some point. Breaking that up with different area's to explore/progress makes it so much more enjoyable. Sorry if this comes off as bitchy, i love this server, i just feel like this is inevitable to happen, it fits perfectly in line with the servers overall progression and would only add to the fun imo.
Peign
« Reply #162 on: November 15, 2016, 10:08:08 am »

Really, i couldn't care less about easy, i wouldn't mind if everything hit twice as hard and had twice as many hps in every progression zone I've been to so far.(besides t10 obviously). ToFs is fun because you can't just ez mode through the whole thing, mobs hit you a lot more often and you actually have to be careful sometimes unless your close to end game geared.

I care about monotony. Every single person on this server gets sick of seeing the same zone at some point. Breaking that up with different area's to explore/progress makes it so much more enjoyable. Sorry if this comes off as bitchy, i love this server, i just feel like this is inevitable to happen, it fits perfectly in line with the servers overall progression and would only add to the fun imo.

no, nay, neva!
Drep

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 28, 2016, 02:01:06 pm »

How much difficulty would be involved to do the following:

Move progression from Time to some other zone.  
Move the lvl grinding from Fire to somewhere else.

Then you have the entire original Planes of Power to go through.   Would need to make it all harder of course and swap in ez gear/spells.   This would then open up the trials and a massive amount of bosses and progression to go through already created.  

I know it isn't custom but it would open up a lot of content for which one could then take their time in creating a new custom zone that actually works.

and instance able Smiley

« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 06:54:24 pm by Drep » Logged

Drep (War),  Wudd (Cleric), Mdydar (Monk)
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 28, 2016, 02:05:02 pm »

I have had this insane idea floating around in the back of my rather shallow mind.

What about the racial starting cities?

I dont know if it would be just one...or all of them but it would be a hoot to have to kill the DE town or freeport and qeynos for the next tier... we really dont use the cities for much other than the one quest for the SOT.

I have just been trying to think of interesting zones and frankly several of the starting cities are pretty cool..

The pop idea with POT is not a bad idea

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053