Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 12, 2024, 08:46:01 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Poll
Question: Should Fighter and Caster Guild Items be no drop?
YES
NO

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: FG/CG Items No Drop?  (Read 47757 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2010, 12:10:20 pm »

Should we make the Fighter and Caster Guild Items no drop?

This would make it pointless from guilded players from farming the items for alts or trading, and then give new players a chance to camp the items.

Or make it all droppable to create an economy?

Help me decide. Instance for 100kpp hopefully helps already a bit since high end players can afford that easy giving the non-instance to the noobs.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hurley

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 12:33:42 pm »

I think they should stay droppable. They create an economy of items because plat doesnt matter as much here as it does on live. I think it is beneficial to new players starting out because they can offer something to higher end players for help getting epics. It is a pain in the ass sometimes to get all the items, especially in Lguk but thats what makes it worth something. If it were easy, new players would find it a lot more difficult to get help, except from some players who help just to be nice.
Kvothe

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 12:38:44 pm »

All lore

If you're still annoyed by the whining, make them Temporary

still annoyed? no-drop
SinjynWake
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 12:51:06 pm »

Just throwing this out there.. what about adding some of them to the loot tables of lower populated zones like Kael or Karnor's. This would spread people out and give more options. I either get my SMR from Steamfont or LGuk depending on traffic. I know it doesn't follow the lore of the game.. but isn't that kind of derailed anyway?

Update~

I obviously don't understand the coding behind this quest but could you add an item counterpart to create a either/or scenario? That way I can either turn in a Fishbone Earring or a Manisi Herb to satisfy that requirement?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 01:13:22 pm by SinjynWake » Logged
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 12:55:18 pm »

Either make them nodrop, or instance lguk.

Preferably the latter.  Economy is good, people farming these items 24/7 blocking legit progression is not.

edit; just noticed the lguk instance - problem with that is, 100k for 30 minutes is not going to fix the problem.  first of all, too expensive, it's supposed to benefit new players, the uber gods don't really need charity for gearing up their 5th ranger, etc..  secondly - 30 minutes?  Bosses there are 30 mins respawn, there's a very good chance 2 or more of them will have PH up when the zone is created - or it drops PH loot.  there's a very good chance you create a zone for 100k and don't even get 1 FG/CG item!

If you make it too expensive, people won't use it, they'll just keep camping the public zone, and we're right back in the same (lousy) situation.

Also, guild instance... WHY?  I brought this up before with ... BoThunder was it?  Not exactly raid zones, and guild-less people shouldn't be locked out. 

Make gukbottom 20k group instance lasts 2 hours, and 50k guild instance lasts 24.  Even at 2 hours you're asking people to group/box at least 3 characters to make sure the bosses (or PH) are killed as quickly as they spawn.  2 hours gives you only 4 shots at each boss, 5 if you're super-quick I guess and the timer gives you an extra couple minutes and doesn't boot you out at exactly 120:00 ...  Anyone who's camped these mobs will tell you that 4 spawns isn't guaranteed to get you the drop you need.   Again, if you make it too expenive/not worth it people won't use it..
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 01:08:52 pm by walk2k » Logged

barrettd04

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 01:29:36 pm »

I'd say just up the drop rate and it'd make things easier..

garybusey - warrior
umadd - pally
wayfaerer - pewpew
rondonald - cleric
obzen - monk
dongus - zerker
dorfkus - pally
ultrabeard - zerker
dopesmoke - drood
djenty - chanter
Studmuffin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 01:38:17 pm »

30 minutes?  Bosses there are 30 mins respawn, there's a very good chance 2 or more of them will have PH up when the zone is created
Hunter has already said in another thread that the instance will not port you out when the timer is up, you can stay until you get what you need. I believe you just can't leave and come back after the timer expires.
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2010, 02:08:30 pm »

There is a 100k instance? Sweet now I can go get the items for alts wewt!

Poop
Therous

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2010, 02:11:42 pm »

I think just making the spawn timers for all FG /CG items to 15 minutes.. not 30 minutes like most lguk is. It would make it alot easier for most and lowering the traffic at each camp provided they're lucky. not messing with the drop rate would be the counter to that.
Ummn

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2010, 03:55:55 pm »

Lguk isn't really THAT bad. . . It just seems bad b/c a lot of pieces come out of there so you spend a lot of time there.  I have 10 chars with FG/CG and i have never had bad luck with lguk.  Worst camp to get and then get boss to drop right piece of loot is KD!  Spent 8 hours there in line then another 3 hours for my KD,  in the time being i camped all of my LGuk stuff for CG and FG with an alt, worst is thats not the first time i spent that long at KD camp.

Not saying the guilding should be easy but you can get 1.5 in about 15 minutes with instances,  2.0 in about an hour if LDoN is clear, then 2-5 days for 2.5 b/c of the camping of garbage, and lastly 3.0 in about 1.5-2 hours if you are geared enough to do Qvic quickly.   Thats not uniform in my eyes a HUGE bottle neck right in the middle.  Once you get higher end its easier to start a char at level 1 and gear to T1 than it is to get FG/CG done.  These guilds are a huge hiccup and something needs to be done to make them easier.

I think making the items No Drop will open up camps but will make the quest as a whole take longer.  Making everything droppable will not change much at all since very few items are No Drop as it sits now.  Personally i think making all the spawns have NO PH! The boss needed is up every time (with or without item needed) will make it still a hassle to get to all the camps and gather all the items but will greatly reduce the time spend sitting in line or sitting and killing PHs for hours.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2010, 04:46:51 pm »

I vote to make it all droppable. It not only creates an economy but it also creates a link between upper tiered people and lower tiered people. I would not be surprised at all to now see people being able to sell the items for plat in addition to runs through qvic.

Supreme

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2010, 05:00:44 pm »

I think that as time goes on and the platinum is eaten up doing 100k instances will be hard.

Want to stop high levels from camping FG/CG items? Allow them to BUY FG/CG flags for like 500k plat.

Delirium

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2010, 05:23:07 pm »

I agree with no drop myself too.
Eventho i won't ever need it myself again.
It takes people out of boxing 5 chars all over the place day in day out for qvic runs or what not.
Make it so that you can purchase flags for a high price, so that the people that normally would camp all their
characters everywhere for quick flags, actually can buy them.
Purchasable items only able to be bought through lots of AA like charm upgrades or other things needed for progression.
Emitax

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2010, 05:42:01 pm »

Wouldn't it be easier to just make people that DO NOT need the items --- aka only there to sell the items -- give the spawn to the person that does NEED it until he/she gets the item they need for progression? To me this is kind of like loot whoring... Need before greed situations... Just tossing this out there... That way nothing has to be changed only a rule implemented. This allows further progressed players to continue to farm and us lower levels can still get what we need as well. Also making the items lore would work well too I'd think.

It's annoying going to a spot only to see someone camping it 24/7 to sell.

I'm new to server and I don't have pp to buy this stuff with. So camping it is the only way for me to progress.

Thanks Smiley
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 07:33:36 pm by Emitax » Logged
Isaaru

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2010, 05:48:35 pm »

I'm new to server and I don't have pp to buy this stuff with. So camping it is the only way for me to progress.

Nor does a new person have the resources to trade qvic runs.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65036
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 98
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)