Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 12, 2024, 08:56:58 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Poll
Question: Should Fighter and Caster Guild Items be no drop?
YES
NO

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Author Topic: FG/CG Items No Drop?  (Read 47758 times)
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2010, 01:52:14 pm »

it allows newer users a way of getting assistance other than pure begging/leaching.

This is a very good statement.

Pazz

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2010, 02:00:16 pm »

I am also tempted to agree that lore and tradable is the way to go. Of course also this would be explodable (log in an alt and drop off the loot and go on camping the item etc)...

Not sure there is a best solution for this problem...
nuska

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2010, 04:51:20 pm »

Hunter's rules include:  Play Nice, Use Common Sense, Don't Grief.  He recently had to institute a rule in PoD that you get the Tiki one time and then let anyone else camping it have a shot because people were locking them down.  His intention is pretty clear.  Don't Lockdown spawn to inhibit progression.  While I don't think people are locking down the CG/FG items simply to prevent others from moving forward, the result is the same.  People can't progress if someone sits at the same spot farming a progression item all day.  Hunter shouldn't have to make it a rule to allow others a chance to progress.  It falls under the Play Nice and Use common sense parts. 

Play nice, use common sense, and dont grief are two way streets. I put play nice as repsect peoples camp. Common sense would be if ya see a camp taken, go somewhere else and dont grief goes with dont complain about the camps being held down. People are camping these items for a reason, no one is camping em to be a dick. Guess this is something i learned from playing live.
Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 16, 2010, 05:04:02 am »

People are camping these items for a reason, no one is camping em to be a dick.

You must be unaware of some of the people that play on this server.
Balthor2
« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2010, 09:56:05 am »

Ask this question:
In the last month how many people that could not otherwise do qvic, paid for a full qvic run with a set of FG or CG items?

Take away the ability to use it like a currency and you take away the ability for some players to progress.

In the last 6 months the population jumped a ton, people got sick of the douchebag's leeching and stealing and crashing zones.
Now we have instances.
Not many people bother with the public zones, sure it happens from time to time but if there is the ability to get an instance most go there.
This also hurts the low end in that to avoid all the problems and drama the "open" zone is largely unused and those newer people are hurting.

(RE: Qvic, I hate the zone but I'll do a qvic run for anyone that pays me 250kpp)

Whats the current FG bottleneck? KD from seb? If I ever decided to make more alts I would do them all at the same time and get KD camp and sit there for as many days as it would take to get all of them the item.
Now others have to go days without a chance to progress because a short sighted individual or collection of fools thought it was a good idea to get these items tagged NO DROP.

NO DROP = Bad
Etrik

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2010, 01:39:20 pm »

Going to reiterate what I said in a previous post on another thread:

Open up a couple more zones were everything in the zone has a chance to drop pieces from either the CG or FG quests. Keep the pieces lore and no drop to prevent people from pulling the entire zone and killing everything for themselves just to sell looting rights. I'm sure people will still do it but they will be limited to the number of alts they have instead of stockpiling their bags. Droprate should be reasonable in which it won't take days to complete, maybe 1-2 random pieces can drop off trash and named mobs can drop up to 4 pieces; with this idea it could also open up another exp zone or two like poearth, potactics or even another expansion zone where the mobs will yield some exp but also be reasonable for new players to kill.

The other option I was thinking was make it a quest, not a long quest but challenging where player has to do it solo without outside buffs (or the complete opposite). Similar to a trial or a mini epic quest - beat it and be rewarded.
Razormaw

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 17, 2010, 02:08:42 pm »

So instead, we end up with FG/CG becoming trivial. People will mass slaughter the zone and those nodrop lore FG/CG items they have for all their bots/alts will sit there rotting for anyone to come along and loot.

No thanks.

Make specific rare mobs in other zones (that used to be camped for items, as is the theme with these quests) drop the Guild items, or make their drop item into an optional second choice for the quest.

The system worked fine the way it was with lower population. Now that there's greater population, more camps = more campers = less lineups = less frustrations.

You will NEVER do away with people that overcamp and item. All you're doing by making something Lore and/or No Drop is ripping the economy in half and not even remotely preventing people from camping multiple drops in a row for their bots/alts. Logging in and out while holding a camp with 3 characters is oh-so difficult, after all.

Y'all need to read more than the OP and last page before posting an idea.

Razormaw the Leaping Lizard - 70 2x 3.0 Monk
Razamataz - 70 3.0 Mage
Razin Bran the Cereal Killer - 70 2.0 Paladin
<Baked Potato>
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 17, 2010, 03:50:26 pm »

Giving everything in a zone a chance to drop the fg/cg items would simply mean one someone needs one they would just rape the entire zone and loot what the need and then gating. It would not solve anything but would create more problems than what their currently is. Besides, making eq a diablo clone never sounds good to me.

longdarkhair

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 17, 2010, 07:25:48 pm »

I see all these people saying that the items are used like currency.  So first I have to buy all my items that are camped always to get myself in the CG/FG.  Then if I want Qvic I have to buy more sets for someone else to kill Qvic for me.  I really don't understand this system.  What if you are new to the server and are not rich in-game and just want to be able to go get your items to join CG/FG?

I'm not trying to be argumentative here, just asking a serious question.  What do normal newbies do to progress normally?
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 17, 2010, 08:23:32 pm »

You do not have to buy the items. If someone else can camp it, so can you. I have camped them several times myself. I have never had to wait days and days to get a camp. I walk up, there is usually 1 or 2 people in front of me so I wait.

You asked how a normal person progresses through the server? You camp the items. It's going to take time. Everquest has always been about time sinks. To say that the items are unattainable because someone is always camping them is a redundant statement in itself.

longdarkhair

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 17, 2010, 08:31:02 pm »

You do not have to buy the items. If someone else can camp it, so can you. I have camped them several times myself. I have never had to wait days and days to get a camp. I walk up, there is usually 1 or 2 people in front of me so I wait.

You asked how a normal person progresses through the server? You camp the items. It's going to take time. Everquest has always been about time sinks. To say that the items are unattainable because someone is always camping them is a redundant statement in itself.

Ok, thanks Xiggie.  I guess I was picturing a super long wait for the camps because people camping the items to sell.  It doesn't sound too bad to me if you don't have to wait a long time.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 17, 2010, 08:51:47 pm »

Honestly, I have never had to wait as long as I feared I might have to. Yeah, sometimes it can be a few hours, but other times it is less than an hour. Hell sometimes I get in and no one is even there. It can be frustrating at times, at other times the thought of it being frustrating is more frustrating than the camp itself.

I know I have come off as pretty sharp on a couple of posts on here and may have even come off pretty sharp in answering you. Honestly, a lot of times I come off as being sharp and I don't even mean to, though other times I do. I'd like to apologies though if I did come off that way. Hit me up sometime in game, you can usually find me on, Xiggie or Stone.

Balthor2
« Reply #87 on: July 17, 2010, 11:21:38 pm »

You attempt to camp them, just means waiting for your turn at the items. I feel your pain as I did not just spawn one today with gear.
Isaaru

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2010, 09:15:08 am »

I just did both the CG and FG this weekend.  The huge bottlenecks for me were LGuk (even with a guild instance it took me 33 hours to get an exe axe and 11 to get my first ssoy), Begurgle (5 people in line, 2 who left, and still waited 15 hours), and Knuckle Duster (3 people in line, and waited for 12 hours).

There were two people ahead of me at Hadden but his camp went pretty quick (4 hours or so).

I'm pretty sure I see where the huge bottlenecks are.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2010, 11:17:45 am »

I am not calling you a liar or anything like that but you example is an extreme example. I have been playing on this server for over a year, I have about 15 toons, of which all of them I have camped their fg and/or cg stuff except for 2 of them. I have never spent anywhere near 33 hours for an exe axe. I have also never spent 11 hours to get my ssoy. Furthermore I have never seen 5 people in line for LB Crown. I have seen as many people as 4 with me being the 4th in line at KD camp, but that was only once and I spent about 5 hours there. I have to say that me and the other people at KD got lucky that day but still, that was only once. Most of the time there is 1 or 2 persons there when I arrive. Your example is extreme. As for how recent my last camping of these items? I camped 2 fg sets last week, and 1 cg set about 3 weeks ago.

I am not going to come in here and say, 'hey, there is nothing wrong with the kd camp, I walked in there and no one was there' even though I have at times. That's not the norm though, neither are your examples.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65036
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 98
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)