Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 07:39:46 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Tacvi Leaping  (Read 17521 times)
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2010, 01:22:10 pm »

100% Agreement with Mayo.

You might say its common sense (ive been wrong before)

but my first thought is, if there are multiple people there around the same time with bosses up, it is fair to share them, some way, some how.
Demin
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2010, 07:06:07 pm »

I think tacvi might be a slightly different cast, since higher mobs summon lower ones.  If you are fighting boss 1 and some uber goes and attacks boss 8, well...he just pulled the whole zone.
Leick.Exhumed

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2010, 07:38:26 pm »

^^^^^^^^^^^

I see that pissing off some people irl.
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2010, 10:23:50 am »

I think tacvi might be a slightly different cast, since higher mobs summon lower ones.  If you are fighting boss 1 and some uber goes and attacks boss 8, well...he just pulled the whole zone.

I agree with you completely. But want to also point out that leap frogging isnt black and white.

This is one of those "jerk" moves that the entire community would agree breaks the common sense rules.

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2010, 10:57:04 am »

This leap frogging thing is such a pita, what happened to common curtesy? This happens in all public zones. How would you address such a thing? I am not sure Hunter has time to enforce this transgressions so griefing is starting to run rampant. I stick to instances to avoid just this thing, with the exception of ldon but it gets expensive for sure.

This wouldnt be too tough to enforce if it was a black and white rule. Once its black and white all people need to do is run fraps and turn it in - bingo bango BAN!

By the way I wanted to be clear that I was the one leap frogging.

Why won't this post die already.

You had an instance you cleared then leap frogged the public made a post about it cause I'm sure you was called out..  (by self admitting you wanted your plate bracers asap.)

There are a lot of jerk moves that it seems a lot of people do on a day to day basis..

There is an easy answer to all of this..

Would you like what you are about to do to others done to you?

99% that answer is going to be no..

This is just like the boss race in LDON, haha why ? 50 pts? ooh.... people can clear on the way and get way more then 50.. oh that's another story for another post sometime in the distant future..

Not a flame just my 1.5cents.. (not worth much not even 1cp)

Fugitive

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2010, 12:06:40 pm »

There is an easy answer to all of this..

Would you like what you are about to do to others done to you?

99% that answer is going to be no..

Actually what I did to the other group I wouldnt have minded done to me at all - hence why I felt like it was alright to do.

To answer your question as to why this post wont die - it is because posters such as yourself feel like you have the answer to a question that wasnt asked.

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2010, 12:34:19 pm »

Meh, whatever makes you sleep well at night.

You were the greedy guy that just can't wait their turn, or spend 10k.

The community pretty much answered your question as I read it.

Shocked Don't Leap Frog.  Shocked

I wonder if those guys that you jumped waited their turn? Maybe they zoned in and missed the engagement so they decided to hold out the hour respawn.  (as per community rules). Then some guy (You) barrels in and leaps them.

I guess you will need this in black and white, maybe you shouldn't have asked the community if you didn't desire "their responses".

The next line is another answer you are looking for.

Smiley Just email Hunter if you want from the horses mouth, don't ask the community for answers if you don't want to hear them.  Smiley

Let this thread die, hell I'm not even going to read it anymore.

Let's talk T5!!!  Grin

Fugitive
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 12:43:05 pm by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2010, 03:37:58 pm »

You were the greedy guy that just can't wait their turn, or spend 10k.

How was I to know that the group to engage the first boss was entitled to every boss in the instance? (Again the point of the thread)

The community pretty much answered your question as I read it.

Please quote what I said that you inturpreted as a question regarding if I could leapfrog and if I was in the right. (If you do this I will most likely have to give you a link for a free lesson in reading comprehension).

I guess you will need this in black and white, maybe you shouldn't have asked the community if you didn't desire "their responses".

Again, I didnt ask.

Smiley Just email Hunter if you want from the horses mouth, don't ask the community for answers if you don't want to hear them.  Smiley

The main point of the post was to suggust that Hunter add it into the rules if it were indeed a rule. I didnt ask the community. You are right though This could have been done via email but i thought a recent thread had more visibility to those who may benefit from knowing there is an informal rule out there. (Its almost as if I do things for a purpose).

Let this thread die, hell I'm not even going to read it anymore.

Im sure you will read this - and you are going to itch like crazy to respond.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2010, 06:38:59 pm »

You know, you really should go ahead and let this post die and stop responding to everyone's posts. The longer you go on with this the more well known you are for it. As it is now, if I see you in game, I'm turning fraps on and I suggest others do the same.

Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2010, 09:10:21 pm »

I Reply to defend myself.

Its ironic that you guys keep posting to let it die but are in fact the ones keeping it alive. The logical thing to do when you want a topic to die is to not post in it or even read it.

I dont mind if you fraps me - I don't break the rules. Just take a look at the time where I found out that I may have inadvertently broken a rule - I did research found out that I did and Posted for it to be corrected. This way in the future someone else wont accidentally break a rule that would be easily unknown to them.

Since obviously you guys let your imaginations run wild with what you assumed happened - I will lay out what did happen.

I zoned into a public zone and noticed it was fully spawned. I see there is a group waiting to engage the boss. In fact I might even say while I was zoning the rest of my chars in It could have possible been 5 minutes (while i was there) that the group had waited to engage the first boss. Once the group noticed I 4 characters they started to move around and engaged.

I leap frogged to the second boss, which knowing the rules as they stand should have been perfectly rule abiding. Also, for explanations in the previous posts I would not consider a jerk move. As this is happening I receive a message from the first group who inform me that their group may be entitled to the entire zone since they engaged the first mob. I tell them I havent heard of such a rule but mention that I havent looted anything so no harm. I then asked if they would mind if i went ahead and killed the rest of the bosses looking for ONLY plate bracers. They told me it would be fine. I killed the bosses and didnt get the plate bracers.

So in essence I saved the other group a good 30 minutes.

If you feel This was poorly handled by me and that I deserve to be watched whenever Im around - Fine - I couldn't care less.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2010, 09:26:55 pm »

I couldn't care less is the wrong attitude to have on eqemu. The communities tend to be smaller, making reputation much more important. The thing that concerns me is your lack of being able to see that it was a jerk move. As a matter of fact you have stated you see nothing wrong about it. And if you don't get why it is a jerk move I am not going to try to take the time to explain it only for you to dissect my explanation and yadda this and yadda that. As for my contributing to this continuing on, why should I care if your reputation is further smeared. It should be you who would want this conversation to die out. But then again, you couldn't care less.

Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2010, 10:20:37 pm »

You misunderstood me or perhaps I didnt properly convey. . .

I couldnt care less if you fraps me because It will just be wasted space on your HDD seeing as I don't go about breaking the rules.

Now being fully aware of the informal rule of tacvi Leap Frogging I will never do it again because it would be breaking the rules.

You are correct in that I Do not see how taking turns to kill the bosses in the order they were designed to be killed is a jerk move. It seems like it could have been a reasonable solution to the problem as well.

If had a sensible and logical explanation of why that is a jerk move - you shouldnt have to worry about my dissecting it. It should stand on its merit alone.

Everwes

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2010, 11:38:33 pm »

You know that the last Tacvi boss and only the last one drops the arrow for rangers, right?  That might be an issue or at least is the only one I know of other than having to wait for respawn.
Soakked

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2010, 12:59:41 am »

Personally I think if someone has already engaged  any of the bosses then the rest are off limits. That being said, sometimes mistakes are made that aren't intentional. I remember once I did the same thing as Mayo out of ignorance of the unspoken rule, and the guy kindly asked me to stop. After asking why and him explaining the rule, I did not to loot the mob and apologized for simply not knowing. He then offered me any plate that dropped anyway(which is what I needed) and we became friends after that.

Reading Mayo comments on the full account of the story I don't think he did anything wrong. His personal opinion is just that, an opinion and holds no baring on what actually transpired because both parties came to a solution.

Pippens *Muffin Time*

On and off'er forever stuck in T5
Isaaru

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2010, 08:32:23 am »

Leapfrogging in Tacvi is a douchebag move due to the way the zone is setup.  One group unless completely overgeared isn't going to be able to hop straight to the last boss.  They must be given a chance to clear the zone one by one as Hunter intended.

To Mayo, you wouldn't have to defend yourself if you'd shut the hell up and stop being a douchebag.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 96
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)