Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:16:14 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Basic Beginner's Guide/FAQ  (Read 64094 times)
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2010, 06:50:09 pm »

Couple of updates:  /melody works now.  RoA 100 is 9500 rune.

Updated thanks =D

Blood of the Akkadian
talanos

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2010, 05:36:17 pm »

Thanks so much for all the info!  Question I have is that I got the Unknown Spell because I didn't have the custom file, and after I got the custom file, the spell does show its name (Aura of Insight) in my spellbook, but is listed under Unknown Spell DB 235-5 when I right click my spell gems and get the popup menu.  Is there any fix for this?
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2010, 06:18:05 pm »

Thanks so much for all the info!  Question I have is that I got the Unknown Spell because I didn't have the custom file, and after I got the custom file, the spell does show its name (Aura of Insight) in my spellbook, but is listed under Unknown Spell DB 235-5 when I right click my spell gems and get the popup menu.  Is there any fix for this?

Well i haven't heard this before so i don't have a solution ready to hand to you but give me some more info.

What spell are you scribing?
Do you get the benefits of the spell even though you have this error?
If this was on a spell that was already cast on you, have you tried clicking it off and recasting it?

Blood of the Akkadian
talanos

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2010, 06:52:45 pm »

It's Aura of Insight, level 55 bard spell.  I don't know if I can cast it yet, as I'm just level 30.  But basically it went from being called Unknown Spell to Aura of Insight, except that in the spell gem pop-up, its categorized as Unknown DB String.
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2010, 07:08:27 pm »

That's not a custom spell that the Bard's lvl 55 Aura from Prophecy of Ro. It works differently than a spell or song (as do all auras) and are not yet compatible with Emu. There's nothing we can do about it until the Emu team gets the Auras working.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=8926

Blood of the Akkadian
talanos

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2010, 03:14:25 pm »

Ah gotcha thanks for the heads up Smiley
L0stman

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2010, 04:54:30 pm »

It seems we have a small item left out of the guide:

Q:  How do I get the buff bots to buff my pet?
A:  Buy Pet Affinity AA and hail the -RAID- buff bot in FG / CG Hall.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 05:10:57 pm by L0stman » Logged
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2010, 06:11:18 pm »

It seems we have a small item left out of the guide:

Q:  How do I get the buff bots to buff my pet?
A:  Buy Pet Affinity AA and hail the -RAID- buff bot in FG / CG Hall.

Ahh thank you good sir!

10/10

Added it. I had been meaning to add that for awhile now but each chance i got to do it i would forget. A winrar is you!

Blood of the Akkadian
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2010, 12:59:18 pm »

Should add the wiki website im working on to the guide. maybe not at this exact moment. but when im closer to completion.

zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2010, 02:02:39 pm »

Should add the wiki website im working on to the guide. maybe not at this exact moment. but when im closer to completion.

I'll do that Smiley
And feel free to put this up on the wiki when you can. it's not like it's copyrighted.

Blood of the Akkadian
tulsplat

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2010, 01:08:19 am »

as a new player on this server, that was a really, really helpful list of answers, thank you!   I do still have a couple of questions and thought I would post them here if thats ok

How do AA work with ring of the ages? I understand you don't lose your AA and (I assume) items in your bank...do they still work at level 1? Or do you still have them but they aren't usable until a certain level

Is there anywhere to find loot/drop information?  We got up to Dulak and saw a lot of arms/gloves/legs but wondering about the other slots...do chests drop off the named?

Is there custom raid content on this server?  Or is the custom content designed for a 6 man group?  How far can you progress with just 6 people?

Same with spell information...what exactly does the shaman 1.0 epic clickie do for example Smiley

And speaking of 6 man groups, is there anything we should know about what makes a viable group in higher content? (role info...CC needed? slow? warr tank only? cler heals only?)  (I don't care if our group is ideal, just viable...I assume there is a best class for the job but curious if say a knight tank can cut it later on, even if it may be a lot harder)

How do the tiers (PoTA>LDON>Qvic etc) fit into the epic 1.5/2.0/3.0 quests, with the FG/CG quests, and with RoA?  And what about AA?  I'm really just wondering if there is any advice on a progression path for a single group that wants to play together, and what the general requirements are the different tiers (for instance, level to 70 first without worrying about AA, or better to stop and grind AA in the 50s? need 2.0's and 1500 AA to handle certain zones?)

thanks again for all the sweet information in one post
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2010, 10:48:32 am »

as a new player on this server, that was a really, really helpful list of answers, thank you!   I do still have a couple of questions and thought I would post them here if thats ok

How do AA work with ring of the ages? I understand you don't lose your AA and (I assume) items in your bank...do they still work at level 1? Or do you still have them but they aren't usable until a certain level

Is there anywhere to find loot/drop information?  We got up to Dulak and saw a lot of arms/gloves/legs but wondering about the other slots...do chests drop off the named?

Is there custom raid content on this server?  Or is the custom content designed for a 6 man group?  How far can you progress with just 6 people?

Same with spell information...what exactly does the shaman 1.0 epic clickie do for example Smiley

And speaking of 6 man groups, is there anything we should know about what makes a viable group in higher content? (role info...CC needed? slow? warr tank only? cler heals only?)  (I don't care if our group is ideal, just viable...I assume there is a best class for the job but curious if say a knight tank can cut it later on, even if it may be a lot harder)

How do the tiers (PoTA>LDON>Qvic etc) fit into the epic 1.5/2.0/3.0 quests, with the FG/CG quests, and with RoA?  And what about AA?  I'm really just wondering if there is any advice on a progression path for a single group that wants to play together, and what the general requirements are the different tiers (for instance, level to 70 first without worrying about AA, or better to stop and grind AA in the 50s? need 2.0's and 1500 AA to handle certain zones?)

Dany could probably answer most of these questions for you right now, but im slowly implementing a Wiki for EZ Server. I have a post with link to the homepage already in another thread.

Each custom zone has a complete set of gear for each class. All the way up to Dulak's Harbor the gear has no level requirement to wear, BoT and Potimea both require you to be level 60+ to wear the gear. So if you plan to ROA use the Dulak gear to boost HP.

PoTimeA+ is designed to be "Raid" content, however with gear over that tier you can roll it pretty easily with a couple characters. Using gear appropriate for that zone though, you will find it challenging and fun with a full group. The raid window is broke, so the larges group of character you can really have together working correctly is 6members. However you could have multiple groups together and let corpses rot enough for everyone to access loot.

Lets see, shaman clickie is HP buff, druid clicky is regen. Aside from those all other effects from Epics should be the same as live.

Realistically, a six man group can do any zone in this game when created correctly.
CC is broken, slows are broken, Mez is broken, charm is removed.... most classes are completely useless/ for flavor. You can make the best out of any group you create, but "best" or more dependable will be war/war/war/clr/clr/clr.... or war/war/clr/clr/rng/rng

progression will really start at dulak < BoT < PoTimeA < LDoN < Qvic < Tacvi < PoDragons T1 side < PoDragons T2 side < HoH

AAs are easily attained, and i dont worry to much about them... gear is really more imporant. However dont completely ignore them either. They will come as you work your way through FG/CG, LDoN, BoT, PoTimeA, etc.... Will likely be maxed quickly.

zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2010, 10:51:38 am »

as a new player on this server, that was a really, really helpful list of answers, thank you!   I do still have a couple of questions and thought I would post them here if thats ok

Is there anywhere to find loot/drop information?  We got up to Dulak and saw a lot of arms/gloves/legs but wondering about the other slots...do chests drop off the named?

Is there custom raid content on this server?  Or is the custom content designed for a 6 man group?  How far can you progress with just 6 people?

And speaking of 6 man groups, is there anything we should know about what makes a viable group in higher content? (role info...CC needed? slow? warr tank only? cler heals only?)  (I don't care if our group is ideal, just viable...I assume there is a best class for the job but curious if say a knight tank can cut it later on, even if it may be a lot harder)

How do the tiers (PoTA>LDON>Qvic etc) fit into the epic 1.5/2.0/3.0 quests, with the FG/CG quests, and with RoA?  And what about AA?  I'm really just wondering if there is any advice on a progression path for a single group that wants to play together, and what the general requirements are the different tiers (for instance, level to 70 first without worrying about AA, or better to stop and grind AA in the 50s? need 2.0's and 1500 AA to handle certain zones?)

1. I think i put the AA thing in there but in case i didn't. You do keep your AAs and any innate abilities (increased strength, hp, dps etc) still work at level 1, casting abilities i think have level requirements somewhere in the 50s area but that all depends on what AA you're using.

2. There is no current loot/drop look up location but Reeds wiki will handle that soon. For now just know that until PoTime chest/legs and every other slot drops randomly off trash and if you aren't getting what you want it's due to shit luck not because it doesn't drop. Remember you're competing for your classes loot versus 13 other classes all dropping off the same mobs. PoTime Chest/legs drops off names while other slots drop off trash. Raid content has it's own specific set ups (quested armor.)

3. Yes there are raid content. Level zones>PoTime>LDoN>Qvic>Tacvi>T1 (PoStorms/PoDragons>T2(PoStorms/PoDragons)>T3 (HoHonor)>T4(PoSky). You'll be lucky to see beyond T2 as a standard player tbh, just like the uber raid content on Live.

4. I'm..not really sure what you're asking. Rephrase please.

5. RoA is a "Do-it-when-you-damn-well-feel-like-it" quest. Some like to do it earlier, some later. Some classes it's good to have, other classes who the fuck cares. It's a matter of class and opinion. AA shouldn't be touched until level 70. Once level 70 burn them to the ground in PoFear/BoT/or LDoN (you'll spend plenty of time in LDoN) you'll get them pretty quick and soon will join the hoards of people bitching about 5k AAs unspent ;P. CG/FG is a during LDoN/Pre Qvic quest line, start it After PoTime. 1.5 ties to PoTime (duh), 2.0 ties to LDoN (duh), 2.5 lies inbetween LDoN and Qvic (requires FG or CG to access the zone) and 3.0 is a Qvic area item (Requires Qvic tokens. 4.0 is a T4 item but like i said you'll be lucky to see T3 so i would honestly forget i even mentioned 4.0. Besides unless something has changed, no one has even gotten a 4.0 yet so...
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 10:54:58 am by zomgDanyelle » Logged

Blood of the Akkadian
tulsplat

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2010, 12:19:00 am »

thanks for the responses guys!  our group seems to be sk/pal/dru/shm/bst/clr.   a little worried about not having a warrior but I may talk my friends into botting or rerolling once we hit 70 and start seeing what's what.  closing in on it now, and having fun so far
Teehee

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2010, 12:25:04 am »

That is quite the dysfunctional group
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck