Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:18:22 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: Basic Beginner's Guide/FAQ  (Read 64086 times)
Bikaf

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2010, 02:07:08 pm »

thanks for the responses guys!  our group seems to be sk/pal/dru/shm/bst/clr.   a little worried about not having a warrior but I may talk my friends into botting or rerolling once we hit 70 and start seeing what's what.  closing in on it now, and having fun so far

with that much healing, the SK will do just fine.  It will just take you a long time to kill mobs - make sure the druid and shm are both using dot focus.
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2010, 11:14:26 am »

Ran a quick update on this. Haven't done so in awhile and felt i needed to. RoA 100 was linked, SoF/SoD humans in Oasis etc patch was updated (got snakes to work so if you use that patch then please recopy the contents of the code boxes to their respective files in your EQ directory) and a couple more questions were added. Will be updating more later.

P.S. It has come to my attention yesterday that some people don't know how to scroll down in threads >.< meaning the later half of the FAQ that was too big to fit into the main post may be lost to those people. I'm thinking about just hosting the guide as a site somewhere and linking to it from the main post to save us of this problem. If/when I do i will edit the main post with the link and remove the large content. I may do the same with the epic links thread as well due to the large amount of images. Incidentally about that i will NOT be posting 4.0 links (though i do have a couple) until i have Crab's permission. These are their items earned from their hard work in top tier content and i won't blow that away by posting the items for all to see without his say so.

P.P.S. It has also come to my attention that some people may find me rather douchey for constantly saying "read the forums" rather than just "answering their questions in /ooc". You guys have to realize, the things in here are asked 5000000 freaking times a day. It gets old typing the same thing into /ooc over and over and over again. So i made these guides (those of them that i DID make, and i link to and reference those that i didn't) so that people can easily answer all of their questions and be set to go and enjoy EZ while saving the rest of us from carpal tunnel. Contrary to popular belief (and contrary to what some people purposefully say in /ooc just to get people to send me tells...and it works...) i am not a GM here, i have absolutely no authority on EZ or EQEmu what so ever. I simply do these things because i'm helpful and proactive but i didn't HAVE to do anything, i didn't HAVE to make this guide or any others. I didn't HAVE to spend hours of MY day doing these guides to get a response of "LOL it's more fun to ask in /ooc though and i'm lazy as hell". So i apologize if saying to read the forums makes me out to be a douche but i stand by it.

Anyway, enjoy your time on EZ! =D and thank you Hunter for a wonderful server Smiley

Blood of the Akkadian
robpickles

Official Lurker of EZ Server

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2010, 12:27:32 pm »

Dany...

Maybe you can link up with Reed and put all that stuff on the Wiki.

Rob Smiley
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2010, 04:33:22 pm »

Yeah i havent had the motivation to touch it in about a week. I'll get crackin again this weekend. Sorry to all who are waiting on it

Amerzel

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2010, 03:04:19 pm »

Got another question to be added to the FAQ next time it gets updated. I've read most of the forums but haven't seen anyone talk about the Waypoint NPCs.

What are the Waypoint NPCs for? You hail them and they talk about credits, platinum, and buffs. Do you give platinum for credits that you can use to cash in for buffs? Are they same buffs as the Buff Bot in Nexus?

Thanks,
Amerzel
Dawgrin

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2010, 03:14:46 pm »

I would love to know that too.  I am fairly new, and have seen the waypoint guy in surefall and nexus, but I have no idea what he is for.
Razormaw

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2010, 03:25:51 pm »

You give the Waypoint plat, and it stores them in a bank-like way; you can withdraw it again at any point if you wish.

You can use the deposited plat to get Buff Bot buffs, or to create a group instance of some zones.

There's apparently still some issues with Waypoint zeroing out your account balance. Though I haven't had that issue myself yet. Just don't go depositing your life's savings in there is all I'm saying.

Razormaw the Leaping Lizard - 70 2x 3.0 Monk
Razamataz - 70 3.0 Mage
Razin Bran the Cereal Killer - 70 2.0 Paladin
<Baked Potato>
Dawgrin

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2010, 03:37:18 pm »

You give the Waypoint plat, and it stores them in a bank-like way; you can withdraw it again at any point if you wish.

You can use the deposited plat to get Buff Bot buffs, or to create a group instance of some zones.

I don't get the buff part, are the buffs different then the ones I can get for free by just hailing the buff bot?
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2010, 04:32:30 pm »

I'll be making a guide for Waypoints soon.

Blood of the Akkadian
Amerzel

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2010, 04:42:04 pm »

Good to know! Thanks Razor and Danyelle!
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2010, 06:12:25 pm »

The Buffs arent different, but they are more convenient as you can get them in the zone that you are instancing.

While killing in PoTime - Rather than porting back to Surefall/Nexus and hailing the buff bot. Then porting back into PoTime. Then Zoneing into your instance. You can just buy the buffs from the waypoint npc in the zone you are killing in for a mere 70pp.

swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2010, 08:49:37 am »

Bump bump.
swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2010, 09:20:16 am »

And again I say Bump.
Lyricz

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2010, 06:33:58 pm »

Q Why do snakes kick?

Haters Gonna hate.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2010, 06:39:47 pm »

Why do the boxes (crates) in ldon?

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988