Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 04:39:35 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 49
Print
Author Topic: Screenshots of People Who Need to be Banned - POST HERE  (Read 365163 times)
DrEradul

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: August 29, 2011, 11:39:52 am »

Can someone explain to me what Gothmog has done wrong?  I'm not trolling or being a d*ck or anything, I just would like to know so I don't do it unintentionally;  I'm a minor noob to EQ, but a complete nooblet to EZ.

Thanks in advance

Rorle - monk
Stralus - paladin
Hehv - warrior
Berkana - cleric
Eradul - mage
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 29, 2011, 12:32:32 pm »

It was a little hard to figure out for me too. From the conversation you can tell he was supposed to be waiting but chose not to.

Kenshou

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 29, 2011, 07:40:43 pm »

camp was taken and claimed. Kill Stealing is frowned upon, but that is why we have group instances, make one for yourself if the public one is  currently occupied. Problem solved
DrEradul

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: August 29, 2011, 10:40:06 pm »

ah,  I just noticed the chat box on the right part of the screen.  thanks for not drilling me a new one!! pretty nice forums compared to what I'm used to

see ya in game!

Rorle - monk
Stralus - paladin
Hehv - warrior
Berkana - cleric
Eradul - mage
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: August 30, 2011, 06:32:47 am »

camp was taken and claimed. Kill Stealing is frowned upon, but that is why we have group instances, make one for yourself if the public one is  currently occupied. Problem solved

Just to be clear here, I believe Kenshou is suggesting that the moron who came in and KS'd Chaos is the one who should have made an instance Smiley

B

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
barrettd04

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 31, 2011, 05:04:00 am »

Haha, come on guys.  You've never seen the episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia?  THATS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU MESS WITH THE MCPOYLES CHARLIE, YOU GET FORK STABBED!

He gon go fork stabbin peeps up in dis piece naw i'm sayin?Huh  Grin

garybusey - warrior
umadd - pally
wayfaerer - pewpew
rondonald - cleric
obzen - monk
dongus - zerker
dorfkus - pally
ultrabeard - zerker
dopesmoke - drood
djenty - chanter
trogdorr

<Dignatio>

View Profile WWW
« Reply #486 on: September 01, 2011, 06:25:04 pm »

Nuff said?

~Trogdorr~Doktorr~
    ~Templarr~Kickz~
~Stinkfistz~Conspiracy~
FionnTakeHits

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 03, 2011, 11:18:57 pm »

If you are camping for 5 different toons, make an instance.  That is so rude of you to make the entire server wait for an hour and a half because you do not want to shell out 10k. 

10k is beyound nothing, stop being so cheap.  I say good for Goth
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 03, 2011, 11:55:11 pm »

Good for goth? You are actually praising someone for breaking the rules? Rude or not, take it to the forums and post about it, don't break the rules. How smart is it to get banned cause you couldn't wait a little time or just buy an instance yourself. Fact is what the first guy was doing is not against the rules, and he was even accommodating, what Goth did is bannable and not very popular with any everquest server I have ever played on.

FionnTakeHits

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 04, 2011, 12:16:43 am »

Yes, he broke the rules.  However, it should be on the guy who wants 5-6 pages to make the instance, not the guy who needs one. 
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: September 04, 2011, 12:23:39 am »

I agree with that. I think anyone who needs multiple ones should make their own instance. However I don't agree with it to the extent that it justifies people breaking the rules. And I certainly don't agree with it enough to say good for soandso for breaking the rules.

FionnTakeHits

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: September 04, 2011, 01:17:37 am »

Ehhhh, I understand where you are coming from.  Yet I cannot support the other individual involved.  The rule was put in place to protect people from losing something they have invested their time in.  After all, noone wants to wait a large amount of time only to have said mob stolen from them.  However, he was abusing that rule.  While the letter of the law supports him, the spirit of the law says, "Shame on you"

That is why I said good for Goth.  I do not condone rule breaking out of spite... But sticking up for yourself?  He has my support : )
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 01:20:52 am by FionnTakeHits » Logged
Dethundrel

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: September 04, 2011, 01:25:25 am »

So what if he needs more than 1?  He was there first, and he has claimed the mob.  He can stay there as long as he likes for as many kills as he wants.  If 10k is just "no big deal" and he's too impatient to wait, why not just pop his own instance and be done with it?  I don't care how impatient you are, or what your personal feelings might be, KS'ing douchebagery of this sort is just bad ju ju.
The whole server doesn't have to wait on him, everyone has just as much equal right to make an instance.  This isn't a discusion about who "can" do what, it's a factual statement about who "did" what.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: September 04, 2011, 01:26:50 am »

He is not abusing it. I have seen people camp this when they didn't even need it, so they could sell it. In some way shape or form, they have a need for it as well. Whether it be a need for their alts, or a need for the plat from a sale. I do understand your point of view, however I don't think the first guy did anything wrong. Personally I would have created my own instance if I was camping more than one, but not because I feel the person or myself should have to. I would create my own instance because I don't want to have to deal with people like Goth.

I would like to say however that if he had been camping the stuff just to be a dick and was destroying the gear then he would most certainly be in the wrong. That would be griefing. I would also like to say thanks for helping keep this in a civil way.

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 04, 2011, 08:57:51 am »

He jumped in line where he shouldn't have end of story. I'm sure if he asked nicely most players let you in..

Rather the dude was boxing or not think if it was 6 real life players trying to accomplish the same thing. I've seen both, I've been stuck behind them too.

Goth was 100% in the wrong, he should have rolled up dropped an instance, waited, asked, or found something else to do.

As for sticking up for him I see your heart, but these rules have established, written, and enforced. These rules do not ask much from us, basically don't be dumb.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 09:09:30 am by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 49
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 108