Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 01:26:10 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 49
Print
Author Topic: Screenshots of People Who Need to be Banned - POST HERE  (Read 362895 times)
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: February 12, 2012, 05:41:00 pm »

My "tolerance" is the only one that matters, and actually I've let a lot of things slide on here. Anything that is blatantly nasty, sexist, or racist will just be banned, simple as that. Anyone that does that stuff usually expects to get banned anyways. Not that often you see anyone investing enough time to get full T5+ with foul names/language. If you want to practice free speech on my server then go some where else or I'll practice my ban stick.

I believe this about sums it up. This is Hunter's server, and Hunter's rules. Nobody, myself included runs the show but Hunter. If I tried to use the rules to be a naming nazi or any other kind of asshat I am sure hunter would ban my ass too. That includes if I got into ooc and started talking about racist stuff or rape or any other kind of really nasty crap.

Thanks for the new sig Hunter.

St12ay

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 12, 2012, 08:06:19 pm »

Obviously I'm not going to benefit from discussing this. I follow the rules, I just wanted to make it evident that not everyone on the server feels the same way after being lumped in with "the majority".
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 12, 2012, 08:41:03 pm »

I didn't lump the entire server. The majority means most, not all. Kudos though for following rules you don't agree with.

Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: February 13, 2012, 04:04:31 am »

I didn't lump the entire server. The majority means most, not all. Kudos though for following rules you don't agree with.

Durr
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 04:27:28 am by Hunter » Logged
Dethundrel

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 19, 2012, 07:25:51 pm »

Here's 2 more fantastic canidates to add to the list.

Griz

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 19, 2012, 08:33:13 pm »

Saw a wood elf guy named "Fagget" in SFG, didn't have a chance to get a screenshot before he left though.
PSimon23

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: April 09, 2012, 08:34:47 am »

Similar matter has already been discussed at yahoo answers. I can post the link if needed

I'm on Twitter and my essay
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: April 29, 2012, 07:39:07 pm »

Why in the hell would someone name themselves Fuzynutz? And then go so far as to get yourself to 4.5, UC and RoA 68? How stupid.

http://www.ezserver.online/magelo/character.php?char=Fuzynutz

Khaoticz

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: April 29, 2012, 07:51:39 pm »

Thats just another prime example of the wannabe " bad " name players who do not take the 2 minutes to read the rules.
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: May 01, 2012, 05:34:29 am »

Why in the hell would someone name themselves Fuzynutz? And then go so far as to get yourself to 4.5, UC and RoA 68? How stupid.

http://www.ezserver.online/magelo/character.php?char=Fuzynutz

Hey Xiggie

I'm not so sure on this one.

In Australia - a Fuzynut (or Fuznut) refers to someone with their head shaved with a blade one clipper (kind of like a Military haircut).  I can appreciate that that's a local thing and perhaps I'm the only person on the server who has that reading.

I've also heard the term used to describe Squirrels.

I can also see that in the online Urban Dictionary (ref. below), the term "Fuzzynuts" has two readings:
1.  Also known as "the man in the corner office". Often refering to the highest ranking exec. or decision maker.
Let me go ask ol' fuzzy nuts if we can get off of work early.

2.  A guy who lurks around Canada looking for things to photograph
Hey Sofa, is that Fuzzy Nuts behind you, look he has a camera.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fuzzy%20nuts

I guess I didn't automatically think of "Fuzy Testicles" the first time I saw his name which makes me question the degree of severity in the name itself.

Really, I'm not sure this process of publicly ridiculing poor name choices is the best way to promote harmony on the server. 

It feels a little aggressive perhaps? 

It also feels a tad immature on our part.  I guess I'm not a fan of stooping.  I get that the person who chooses to name themselves poorly is usually having a momentary lapse of childishness - but to answer in kind always seems to lead to ugly, negative, public displays that don't really serve any purpose (aka. Flamewars).

Is it possible to have a bot somewhere on the server that can change character names as an alternative?  At least that way the person in question can be spoken to privately first before a public shaming (not that I think that's ever an answer)?  If the bot took a log of the name changes (and ip addresses) it would stop people from maliciously using it.  I don't know - I guess I feel we should give them an opportunity to do the right thing first.  If the bot isn't possible then perhaps a private email to Hunter could be a better option on our part as opposed to the public flogging?

Just some thoughts anyway Smiley
Strix

Strix

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: May 01, 2012, 05:56:42 am »

I guess I didn't automatically think of "Fuzy Testicles" the first time I saw his name which makes me question the degree of severity in the name itself.

Amendment to my comment in the post above.

I just saw in the Urban Dictionary that there is a definition of "Fuzzynut" that is quite offensive. 
See: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Fuzzynut

Sorry Xiggie - the first time I've seen that particular definition.  If people are reading that into the name then it needed to be changed. 

I do wonder, however, if that was the user's intented definition when he named his toon.  My experience with Fuzy on the server has been nothing but positive.  He always came across to me as a helpful soul with a good sense of humour.  I am sorry to see that his toon has been deleted and that people may have read that definition into his name. 

Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: May 01, 2012, 06:38:17 am »

Strix makes a couple of very good points here.

This thread is useful for quickly dealing with problem names. When the cost of a mistake is deleting a hard-earned 4.5, UC, RoA68 character however...I can't help but agree with Strix in that we need a serious reevaluation of this process.

The rules simply state 'no bad words.' In my opinion the only names that should ever be posted in this thread blindly are those that literally break this rule. This server is populated from cultures all around the globe, there are going to be mishaps and unintended offenses. The idea that one person who misunderstands a name can embarrass another player and have that person's character deleted is unacceptable.

EZPlayers please remember that Hunter's time is limited: when posting a character name it's your responsibility to verify that rules are being broken. And perhaps in border-line cases such as this, think twice before posting at all.

Blarr!
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: May 01, 2012, 07:32:11 am »

TBH I dont see anything wrong with Fuzynutz...but then I've seen the reference used in many context.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
vhaeraun

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: May 01, 2012, 08:26:29 am »

Fuzy musta been getting too close to getting into tier 6. I hope I never step on any toes in any way once I get that far...I'd hate to get all that time deleted for no reason  Undecided

Mutus
Leucian
Ishiva
Xenh
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: May 01, 2012, 03:16:49 pm »

Hunters time is limited. That is why when someones name violates the rules and it is brought to his attention he is not going to spend his time chasing them down and asking them what name the want and what-not. He bans the offensive name, plain and simple. Let me give you an example of how this rule even effected me. I was given use of a character named Phukker. Go ahead and say it out-loud, it is pretty obvious. To add to it the last name is Phace. I was given access to this character when I only had 1 UC and was in the process of filling out T3/4 gear. If you see from the magelo this toon has a UC and his 4.0 and is nearly all T4. This toon doubled my survivability. It took me a few days to even realize the name meant what it did. It just didn't dawn on me. After I realized it I stopped using the toon because it does very clearly violate the naming policy and how hypocritical would it be if I knowingly used a character that violated the naming policy. I did ask Hunter about the possibility of a name change if I could get the owner to ask for it and I was given the same answer everyone else is given. No. I could have continued to use the character until it was reported. I chose not to even though it hurt my group a lot.

I don't report names because I am some ninny bitch naming nazi. Rules are rules and they are put there for a reason. Every time that certain rules start getting ignored we end up with vulgar and childish atmosphere. Training is one of those rules. Naming is another of those rules. Language is yet another one.

If I created a Vah Shir toon named it Pussy and insisted that I mean pussy as in cat one could argue that it didn't violate the naming policy. The character I am sure would still be banned. Pussy referencing a cat isn't even unconventional, it's pretty common knowledge. It is also common knowledge that it refers to female anatomy. It's not a stretch, especially being the race of the toon to come up with the cat meaning but it is also not a stretch to come up with the vulgar meaning. Fuzynutz may have other meanings but it also very clearly is a reference to male anatomy.

I don't go around hunting people who are getting close to any content on the server to get them banned to keep them off my playground. Any suggestion to the contrary is just ignorant. I have not even reported the name to Hunter directly which is usually what it takes. Why haven't I reported him? Because damn man, he has a UC, a 68 ring and 4.5. The 4.5 means he has some bosses down in T5. It would suck for something like that to get banned. I can't speak for Hunter but I would gamble that if it is reported it will likely be banned. If I had my preference it wouldn't be banned because of how far along he is. But if someone reads this and chooses not to name their toon something they might get banned for then that's a good thing.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 49
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 268