Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:32:25 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10
Print
Author Topic: Please upgrade to SoD+  (Read 104530 times)
Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: April 29, 2012, 12:32:01 am »

I think the missing files where put into Hate's listed UF client already. I'm not positive on that tho. As for the error I have no clue man, sorry.

Delete the folder and try it again, something may have corrupted. I used the one off Hate's list with no problems. Unzipped, sent shortcut to desktop from the folder, added the patchme to the shortcut, checked the eqhost and was set.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 12:34:56 am by Drezden » Logged
robpickles

Official Lurker of EZ Server

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 29, 2012, 05:49:12 pm »

Going to d/l Hate's version now.

Thanks

Rob Smiley
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 29, 2012, 06:33:32 pm »

"The procedure entry point ??0nsGetInterface@@QAE@PAVnsISupports@@PAI@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library xul.dll."

What the heck does that mean? LOL!

xul.dll is part of Firefox and other Mozilla based browsers.  EQ has a version of the browser embedded in it to display things like customer service, station cash stuff, etc.

The error generally this means that somewhere on your system there is another xul.dll file that is being loaded first that doesn't have that function exported, probably in your Firefox directory, but maybe other places as well.

Luckily there's a way to find out where the errant dll is hiding.  Download dependency walker (http://www.dependencywalker.com/), run it, and drag and drop eqgame.exe on the window.  It'll probably spout some errors at you, but that's ok you can just click the box away.

Then, in the upper left pane that shows a tree of things that are loaded right-click something and pick collapse all, then click the + next to eqgame.exe.  You should see xul.dll in the list somewhere.  Click it then press F9 and it will show you the path of the loaded file.  If it isn't the one in the underfoot directory then that's the problem. 

To fix it, you need to stop it from loading that dll first which can be complicated.  The easy fix is to just rename the file to something like xul.dll.old and repeat the process with dependency walker until the file that's loaded is the one in the underfoot directory.  The hard part is figuring out what those other xul.dll files belong to if it isn't obvious from the directory they are in, and to figure out if you actually need them or not.  The things I would check is to make sure your PATH doesn't include any of the directories where the other files are, and if the file is in Windows or Windows\System32 you can probably delete it without any ill effects, but it's hard to say.

Downloading a different version of the client is unlikely to fix it, since they all came from the same source initially, and they all have the same xul.dll file in them
robpickles

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 29, 2012, 09:06:39 pm »

Well I d/led Hate's version and ran it and I was able to connect to the server.  My characters were there waiting and I got into Surefall.

Only thing now is I have absolutely no sound.  Visually and gamewise everything else looks okay.

Ideas?

Thanks.

Rob Smiley

Rob Smiley
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 29, 2012, 09:38:17 pm »

Might have issues if your running Win95

Hunter - EZ Server GM
robpickles

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 29, 2012, 10:25:41 pm »

Might have issues if your running Win95

I got it... All the settings in General Settings were turned off oddly enough.. Doh!

Thanks

Rob Smiley

Rob Smiley
Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 09, 2012, 09:26:23 pm »

Underfoot Files 2.0
http://tiny.cc/b0paew

This is a more comprehensive collection of missing and commonly broken Underfoot files than the previous release. It is made up from files from various past EQ installs and Akka's UF release as well. If you're having difficulty with your current install this just may have what you need.

Tested on Windows XP, Vista, 7 with various Underfoot distributions including those one might find in one convenient download on the piratebay..

I'm going to stop seeding the original Underfoot Missing Files that was available here, please PM or message in game with bug reports.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 06:25:51 am by Blurring » Logged

Blarr!
Fliker

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 10, 2012, 01:15:07 am »

Awesome, downloading now. Will keep it seeded when finished.

Great job Blurring.
Rellock

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 28, 2012, 05:28:00 pm »

I tried all weekend to DL the files from hate's lists and kept getting the same error saying can not open the file as archive. I'm currently downloading the game from soe now to see if i can get that to work. Got a hankerin to come back and play a little.

If anyone could help with the error message of post a missing files list for the DL of live I'm doing now that'd be great. Thanks.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 28, 2012, 06:40:55 pm »

I tried all weekend to DL the files from hate's lists and kept getting the same error saying can not open the file as archive. I'm currently downloading the game from soe now to see if i can get that to work. Got a hankerin to come back and play a little.

Did you open the read me file on my site? Everything is pretty much explained there.

If anyone could help with the error message of post a missing files list for the DL of live I'm doing now that'd be great. Thanks.

If you have an error message, please post it completely word for word. Simply "I got an error" isn't helpful in figuring out WHY you got the error. :-P

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Rellock

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 28, 2012, 06:56:27 pm »

The error said Can not open ezuf.7z.001 as archive.
Rellock

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 28, 2012, 07:01:29 pm »

Also using windows vista, 32bit core 2duo. dunno if it's been tested on vista or if that matters. I'll try re downloading them again(since i deleted them) and see if i can get it to work.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 28, 2012, 07:28:52 pm »

Did you download everything? All 14 files?

Next, are you using 7zip or winRAR to extract it?

-Hate

Rellock

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 28, 2012, 07:52:55 pm »

Downloaded all 14 and i was using 7zip, that i downloaded for a 32 bit windows platform.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 28, 2012, 10:51:59 pm »

Downloaded all 14 and i was using 7zip, that i downloaded for a 32 bit windows platform.

Now we're getting somewhere. You downloaded all 14, trying to extract using 7zip, and used password "ezserver" on the archives?

You aren't trying to extract into Program Files are you?

-Hate

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988