Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:36:14 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Print
Author Topic: Please upgrade to SoD+  (Read 104587 times)
Lucadian

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 23, 2012, 10:46:22 pm »

I happen to know exactly what the HoT version contains. Smiley

Quote from: Hunter link=topic=2665.msg35063#msg35063 [/quote

You need to have a higher post count like Xiggie or Fugitive.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 23, 2012, 11:05:18 pm »

I happen to know exactly what the HoT version contains. Smiley

Then you would know it's not "a bunch of complicated nonsense", it's just a copy/paste from an updated source client into the UF folder without overwriting anything and then overwriting the dbstr_us.txt file with the updated file.

Perpetuating the idea that it's HoT and somehow magic just confuses people that don't know what MQ2 or interface files to use and think that downloading another 7+ GB of files will solve their problem when all they need is to download the trial and follow those instructions.

*shrug*  Makes no difference to me.  I'm perfectly happy with my Underfoot client that I updated myself from live.
Lucadian

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 24, 2012, 08:34:35 am »

Oh, undoubtedly it's easier to just update from a live version if you have it. I never meant to argue that point. Honestly, I hadn't read above your post about UF/HoT so admittedly I wasn't completely sure what the context of your post was about. My bad. Smiley

Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 24, 2012, 10:00:14 am »

So the only way to get a supported client past SOD is to purchase it from Steam?
Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 24, 2012, 10:03:31 am »

So the only way to get a supported client past SOD is to purchase it from Steam?

No. There are other means look for the post's on it you can get a HoT client off a different server.

Kreemo

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 24, 2012, 12:38:36 pm »

If u mean akka's that's gone now

Kreemo - monk
Krusha - warrior
Grimshaw - pally
Vern - cleric
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 24, 2012, 09:27:25 pm »

As an official purchase, I think yes the only way is through steam, not disc.

There are of course other websites you can find downloads of it at or someone willing to share. Personally I paid for mine since I want to make sure its a clean copy so my PC don't accidently get hacked and have our database compromised.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Trevius
EQEmu Developer

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 25, 2012, 02:14:30 am »

There is no HoT client compatible with EQEmu as has already been mentioned.  The latest compatible client is still the UF client.  It may be a bit confusing due to the fact that you can get to HoT zones while using the UF client.  The reason for this is due to when the UF client that Steam has was built.  Underfoot was actually released on Live on 12/15/2009.  I am not sure of the date, but shortly after that Underfoot was made available for purchase on Steam.  At that time, when you downloaded Underfoot (or SoD or SoF), from Steam, you actually still got the SoD client.  Steam always uses the same download for all EQ client purchases.  Then in June, Steam suddenly started sending out a new client version for all EQ client downloads.  This was what we now refer to as the Underfoot client, and it has a build date of 6/8/2010.  The Underfoot client does include the HoT zones and can access them because it was built very late during Underfoot before HoT was officially announced.  The HoT client wasn't released on Live until 10/12/2010, and there are no client builds from that date or beyond yet that are compatible with EQEmu.  Hopefully VoA will go up for sale on Steam at some point, and hopefully they will get a solid and complete client added to Steam so we can start working on making it compatible with EQEmu.  Either way, there has never been and probably never will be an official "HoT" client for EQEmu.  We did have a Live patched version of HoT that was semi compatible at one point, but it was never completed and has since been removed from the project.
Lucadian

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 25, 2012, 11:10:02 am »

I'm just simply saying that the build I am using was built by a couple of my friends and I. It's mostly a HoT build and it was made available for awhile, but we quit streaming it a few months back.

Lucadian

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 25, 2012, 12:13:53 pm »

And I don't think you can buy any of the newer expansions through a disc anymore, not even the collector's editions... I could be wrong, though.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 25, 2012, 01:46:18 pm »

I'm just simply saying that the build I am using was built by a couple of my friends and I. It's mostly a HoT build and it was made available for awhile, but we quit streaming it a few months back.

Sorry but i am calling bullshit here. If you and your friends built a version it would not fit the emu project. Not only that but there would be no versions of mq2 that worked for it. The most anyone can do as far as customizing a build is adding zone files as has been mentioned. But also as have been mentioned the base in which you started would have to be one of the 4 client supported. If you had the hot client it would not fit the emu unless emu did what it takes to support it.

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 25, 2012, 02:57:30 pm »

Maybe he doesn't know who Trevius is.

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Lucadian

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 25, 2012, 03:34:40 pm »

Okay.. say what you want. But there is some server on emu that when you hail some bot it tells you what client... as soon as I updated from the steam version of UF to the HoT version.. it changed from saying "You are currently running UF." to "You are currently running the House of Thule."

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 25, 2012, 03:49:39 pm »

Nevermind, it doesn't matter.

lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 25, 2012, 08:05:27 pm »

Okay.. say what you want. But there is some server on emu that when you hail some bot it tells you what client... as soon as I updated from the steam version of UF to the HoT version.. it changed from saying "You are currently running UF." to "You are currently running the House of Thule."

The #cvs command would show Underfoot, because that's what it is and the code the server uses to communicate with it.

The response you get from hailing an NPC is something that the server developer coded in Perl.  It could say you were running the Super Banana Hammock client if that's what they programmed the response to say.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 79