Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 01:13:22 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]
Print
Author Topic: T7 Discussion (Merged)  (Read 49387 times)
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: April 27, 2013, 12:44:53 pm »

Each time mob swings, there is chance of it casting a spell.

I can even add spell cast time and mana cost if I wanted.

And there is re-cast time

You need to do some homework, that is completely incorrect.

Do you mind expounding on that?  Inquiring minds want to know.  What is the correction?
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 27, 2013, 01:58:39 pm »

attack_proc - The combat proc that an NPC with this spell set will add to their list of procs.

proc_chance the % chance that the specified proc will trigger on hit.

The spells in this list (and potentially a single parent list) will be loaded at spawn time, and sorted by increasing priority. Basically, the lowest priority value spell will always be chosen over a higher priority value spell. There is no garuntee which spell will be chosen if two of the same type of spell are set at the same priority, but only one will be used (currently).

Thats copy pasted from the EMU wiki ... not sure how accurate it is though as a lot of the wiki information gets outdated pretty fast and people forget to update it.

I myself have only tested adding re-cast times to spells to balance NPCs so they don't wtfpwn people.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 06:19:21 pm by Paldail » Logged

Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 27, 2013, 02:45:51 pm »

How is that different from?

Each time mob swings, there is chance of it casting a spell.

Sounds like hunter was on point accurately compared to the Wiki.  If spell casting is part of combat_proc then each swing can produce the "CHANCE" for a spell to be cast.
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 27, 2013, 06:13:38 pm »

I was just posting the information from the Wiki... I don't 100% know how it works.

Was just replying to what he asked.

I would log in and test... but I keep getting "Unknown error has occurred" for every server I try to log into Sad
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 06:22:19 pm by Paldail » Logged

Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 27, 2013, 08:31:55 pm »

It seems it can "Cast" and Proc at the same time.

Gave a mob a 100% chance to proc Death Touch and gave her 2 spells Combustion and Ice Comet.  (5 sec cooldown on Combustion and 20 sec cooldown on Comet)

Every combat round she would DT ... and use 1 spell if it was ready going in priority.

-1 for mana cost -- seems to use the mana cost from the database

-1 for recast -- seems to use the recast from the database! So I did this...

Code:
SELECT * FROM spells_new WHERE recast_time = 0 AND goodeffect = 0 AND effectid1 = 0;

Grabbed a random DMG spell that i created that was a 1000dmg Nuke with NO cast time and NO Recast time...

I set  -1 as the recast inside the npcspellentries   (so it grabs the recast time from the spells table) ... now the NPC has a Gatling Gun spell that she spam casts like shes Al Capone mowing down some mobsters.

Loping Plains Acid Rain -- has 0 cast  0 Delay ...  (unless its a proc only) 

Frozen Poison III -- has 0 cast  0 Delay ...  (unless its a proc only)

But if you have this spell on a Cast List ... then you must add a recast time otherwise it will be 0 sec recast with 0 cast time... making them Bringer's of Death... doing 100k AoEs every attack round... going pew pew pew!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 90
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)