Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 01:43:04 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Print
Author Topic: T7 Discussion (Merged)  (Read 49399 times)
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2013, 01:21:50 pm »

Don't forget Brokyn's awesome post above

If a raid of 18 toons with full T7 gear, and every possible piece of optional gear, they should absolutely own the zone, with no questions asked.

]Please return T7 to the way it was, until a more reasonable implementation of changes can be worked out.

If you have a test server, I would be happy to have my 18 toons copied over and their gear set back to T6 to help you do some testing.

I thank you for all that you do for us, and I am sure this will get worked out.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 01:23:25 pm by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2013, 01:27:24 pm »

Haven't played in ages but I'm with whoever said that spells like DT/Fear/Charm have no place in EQ mechanics almost 100%. I'm not against some usage of Fear (light - long recast periods with ability to resist from the get go) but DT and irresistible charm really are bad spells/tools. I actually feel the same about root combined with knockbacks - yes there are game mechanics to prevent it from being a problem but it doesn't solve an issue in an encounter generally so why do it? Just to require more button mashings is how it feels sometimes.
Ybik

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2013, 01:43:36 pm »

You asked the question why put spells on the mobs if they are going to be 100% resisted.  I'll ask, why put spells on mobs that wipe entire raids of non God Mode players?  and ... Why should regular players even bother playing the game if it's tuned to challenge and kill the God Moders?

It could also be said why put the "God Mode" items in the game if everything is going to be tuned to the point they no longer offer an advantage. Part of the draw of the UW would seem to be the ability to resist spells that others can't. If the resist check is so high that even someone with an UW can't resist the spells then whats the point of having heroic resists? It would seem silly to farm something in your current tier (100 essences) just so that you can dominate the previous tier, ideally players want something that will help them with the current or next tier of content.

The unresistable charm also seems to overly punish those who spent the time to get a high level UW. If you have to unequip it for boss fights then it seems like an awfully large investment to be able to pull trash better. I suppose people could level up a tank with no weapons specifically to be charmed (or use a current character if they can survive long enough to be charmed) but it definitely doesn't up the "fun factor" of the game.

Anyway, I just wanted to add my 2 cents worth. Thanks for listening.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 01:46:04 pm by Ybik » Logged
Digz

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2013, 05:13:18 pm »

I could see about adding Heroic resist to ranked items like RoA, SoA, Mana Necklace, UC, etc, they would all add up, so would have to be only a little bit per item/rank.

i vote for this 100%
Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2013, 06:34:43 pm »

How about  change the UW heroic resists down 200 each rank  so that UW3 begins the heroic stats, then add t6 armor heroic stats that add up to 200. If someone with no UW full t6 has 700 total resist, make the spells check to around -700 since that would be bare minimum to be in zone anyway and they can be hit with spells with a small chance to resist, then add up another 100 heroic stats to full t7 armor so that with full t7 gear you have a small chance to Not resist. that way toons with less than full t7 have more chance to be hit while full gear hardly gets hit. Acessories like uc and SoA have a little bit also but comparitive to an arm or a leg.

T8 spell  resists can build off solely armor resists of full t7 and so forth. The resist number i used is just an example. Idk how exactly resists math works and what the variability is.

This way people with t6 armor and UW don't lose the stats they already have while allowing people without UW(or RoA) to hold their own in there, the rest just have it easier. It's up to the individual to farm more resists if they need them.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2013, 07:10:10 pm »

TL;DR

Just waking up.

Will see how I can make it easier for next reboot.

Looking at reducing how often mobs cast.

Lower damage of spells and melee.

Adding Heroic Resist to ranked gear like RoA, SoA, etc.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2013, 07:16:35 pm »

The knock-back root has got to go honestly, this does nothing to help factor in difficulty just makes it .. <insert political correct term here>

Charm on bosses has got to go.

A lot of players willing to help out with feedback.

spells like DT/Fear/Charm have no place in EQ mechanics almost 100%. I'm not against some usage of Fear (light - long recast periods with ability to resist from the get go) but DT and irresistible charm really are bad spells/tools. I actually feel the same about root combined with knockbacks

-Hate"
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 18, 2013, 07:29:49 pm »

Root is only 0.6 minute duration? Not like some 15-30 minute duration thing.

I can see how knock back and charm would get annoying. Will reserve that for some dungeon lol crawls later then, and replace it with other rains or dd for now.

Already not using DT or fear in Loping Plains.

Updates will be effective after reboot as always.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2013, 08:05:32 pm »

Balance is a guessing game.

For npc spells, its a proc chance plus recast time.

For ToFS and T7, I've lowered their proc chance. So they'll attempt to cast spells fewer rounds.

Made most of the T7 spells to have lower damage, and lower resist check. So people without UW can start resisting stuff too if they have other stuff like RoA, SoA, UC, etc.

Added 250 Heroic Resist to UCv1 and 500 Heroic resist to UCv2. Seems RoA, SoA, and Mana Necklace already had Heroic Resist on them.

Added -800 resist check to Charm which should allow most players to resist, although only main tank really needs to resist this. Probably require 1150+ resist to magic to resist Charm now.

Will see maybe about adding a new line of augments for Heroic Resist, just like HP Augs. Maybe the way our LDoN used to be, combine 2 of same rank to get next rank, which exponentially gets harder/longer to do. Would probably make it work for any slot slot type, basically no restrictions. Can be worn in any item, any aug slot type, etc. So maybe 15+ different armors could have all ranked Heroic Resist Augments for X total amount at the max rank. Farm them in ToFS so anyone that spends considerable time in ToFS would eventually resist everything. Would be just as valueable as HP in the long run.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 18, 2013, 08:29:58 pm »

These changes are sounding promising. Thank you for listening.

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 18, 2013, 08:33:31 pm »

SoA don't have hero stats

-Hate"
fjamso

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 18, 2013, 09:45:09 pm »

uuuuh yeah bebe!  Leaderboard resist!! Smiley
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 18, 2013, 09:46:07 pm »

New spell file?

-Hate"
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 18, 2013, 09:50:15 pm »

Testing recipes then will unlock world. Almost done.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Drep

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 18, 2013, 10:18:08 pm »

It could also be said why put the "God Mode" items in the game if everything is going to be tuned to the point they no longer offer an advantage.

This is the key to it all!  Over the last year, things keep getting tuned to the folks with the gods items.   Fugitive is a machine! A few guilds are machines!  Awesome that they have the god items! They deserve it for sure spending that time to get it!    But the other 90% of the server aren't them.   If these folks can't survive in a tier with all these 'god items'...how in the hell can the other 90% who play here survive? Ever!  Since the other 90% of the server aren't them, how many years is it going to take for a player to get a single one of these items?

People of this caliper 'should' be able to go back and rape tiers.  That's natural cause and affect.   Changing things over and over to compensate a few folks godliness is asinine. 

They sure as hell deserve the gear they have, but at the same time the content in the game can not be geared specific to that.   

They deserve the right to be god mode from the time they spend and the rest of the population shouldn't be punished for it.

cheers Smiley

Drep

Drep (War),  Wudd (Cleric), Mdydar (Monk)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 134
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)