Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 02:30:43 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Any Class Feeling Under-Used?  (Read 19359 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2013, 11:26:40 am »

Anyone have a class(es) that feels weak or under-used?

If so:
  • Why?
  • Where are you in the game? (progression; what tier?)
  • Charm Level, Epic, and relevant gear related notes (i.e. RoA 300)

Just curious as I don't have enough time to run a variety of combos. I have heard a few complaints about druids and shamans. Anyone have anything else?

-Hate

EDIT: Not trying to massively revamp anything, just trying to find something to do at work for the next day or two until another obscene task/project starts.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 02:49:13 pm by hateborne » Logged

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
MarbleArts

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 03:00:41 pm »

just a humble opinion here, but since enchanters don't have charm, what are they useful for? I made one, but really don't feel like they have any sort of advantage.  correct me (gently) if I'm wrong, i'm always looking to improve my game  Grin
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 03:10:33 pm »

I just made a beastlord and I am in T5. I find myself having to recast  the pet multiple times where I don't have to with the necro pet. Also the cast time to summon the 4.0 bst pet seems 2 or 3 sec longer than the necro at the same tier. I feel like the melee on the beastlord seems subpar but maybe I haven't been paying much attention to it.

Keeze
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 03:28:55 pm »

just a humble opinion here, but since enchanters don't have charm, what are they useful for? I made one, but really don't feel like they have any sort of advantage.  correct me (gently) if I'm wrong, i'm always looking to improve my game  Grin

I will agree that maybe enchanters need something. They have haste click on epics up until 4.0 (in which they start getting controllable pets). They have a resist debuff, decent cooldown (reagent-free) rune, mana regen buff (group), group haste, Ancient: Vampiric Thunder, and group crit chance proc (5.0 and above).

I just don't know what to do for the enchanter though. Some form of debuff possibly, just dunno what. (Slow, Stun, and Charm are out...sorry)

I just made a beastlord and I am in T5. I find myself having to recast  the pet multiple times where I don't have to with the necro pet. Also the cast time to summon the 4.0 bst pet seems 2 or 3 sec longer than the necro at the same tier. I feel like the melee on the beastlord seems subpar but maybe I haven't been paying much attention to it.

Are you running solo beastlord or using beastlord pet to tank? The Beastlord pet should be doing some nasty damage, but should be less durable. The melee on the beastlord is going to be subpar without augs and charms. If you are in T5 without a Sorc41+ and at least SOME aug(s), that will likely explain it. :-)

-Hate

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 04:07:08 pm »

Any melee class without augs and charm is going to be sub par. A beastlord properly aug'd and charmed can out dps any other equally geared toon so it is only fair that it has to be handled with a lot of finesse.

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 05:08:47 pm »

Not tanking with the beastlord at all. It just seems the pet HP's are a tad low and the cast time is a little high. Might boost one or drop the other.

Keeze
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 05:11:26 pm »

Not tanking with the beastlord at all. It just seems the pet HP's are a tad low and the cast time is a little high. Might boost one or drop the other.

Sorry if that sounded demeaning, it's just something that happens here. Some people think they can solo through the game with a single DPS.

The HP on pet is actually fairly high and the pet stonewall should be helping. There is also the quick cast beastlord pet heal (and the rest of the group healing hopefully). The cast time is supposed to be decent enough so players AREN'T chain summoning pets. If so, then something is wrong. :-)

-Hate

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 05:21:07 pm »

I gave up on BST pet. Cant use the necklace anymore, and the buff is pretty much meaningless. This is with setting pet on the mobs ass. Pet still dies all too often from area damage. My BST has a BU weapon, so I sometimes use him for melee dps, but I dont even bother with the pet anymore. Worthless.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 05:23:27 pm »

Other than that....my druid is at best a buffbot. The dps isnt stellar, even with 41 sorc and epic click. Also.....am I the only one who sometimes catches the damage from their own druid epic?

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 05:25:51 pm »

I gave up on BST pet. Cant use the necklace anymore, and the buff is pretty much meaningless. This is with setting pet on the mobs ass. Pet still dies all too often from area damage. My BST has a BU weapon, so I sometimes use him for melee dps, but I dont even bother with the pet anymore. Worthless.

Hmm, is it rampaging bosses? (basically pets killing themselves?)

Other than that....my druid is at best a buffbot. The dps isnt stellar, even with 41 sorc and epic click. Also.....am I the only one who sometimes catches the damage from their own druid epic?

Druids have not been forgotten. Actually working on something for them and shaman types at the moment. No, the click is a small 1 wave aoe rain (4 target max). If you are within the small aoe, it WILL hit you.

-Hate

Peign
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 05:45:03 pm »

My drood breaks herself quite often.    I understand Skin of the Drake is a big dps boost.    Can cause IA3 to crit for 100k
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, 06:04:00 pm »

A long kraken!?!  Roll Eyes

Keeze
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2013, 06:27:49 pm »

I agree with Xiggie....maybe put some type of augs for caster types or make the pets as frigging gimp as a mellee class w/o augs...maybe make pets tier up like mellee augs...

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
fjamso

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2013, 07:26:49 pm »

Some people stated in OOC that kraken is broken?? that it takes proc slot from augs.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2013, 07:35:58 pm »

Some people stated in OOC that kraken is broken?? that it takes proc slot from augs.

Ah, the old proc slot myth.  Every aug and every buff can proc every swing.  There is a limit to the number of procs that can be added via buff, something like 4, I'm too lazy to look it up again, but it is totally separate from weapon or aug procs.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 80
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)