Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 12:26:13 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: Server Up!  (Read 32387 times)
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2013, 11:27:03 pm »

yup

but these were from public zones creating the instances for the 1st time...

Ya thats what Im talking about... someone else deletes an instance.. you create one and now you have a chance to be placed into their instance if they ARE STILL IN IT!!  Tongue

Hope that makes more sense.. sorta tired

Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2013, 11:29:57 pm »

I am not sure if hunter set the public zones to static. If they are not set to static I would suggest you set qvic,tacvi,postorms,hoh,air,abyss,anguish and loping to static and once more people are doing T8 set that static as well.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2013, 01:51:27 am »

Sounds like I'm going to have to delete the qglobals as well as the instance table.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2013, 10:29:02 am »

A note on costs.....if the issue is wanting to limit a ton of unused instances, cant they be decayed if no one enters for 24 or 48 hours? If the costs are to stay the same, that is.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2013, 10:41:44 am »

I've had some issues with instances as well today. Did a "Enter guild" from PUB and zoned, but ended up in PUB again.

Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2013, 10:50:18 am »

Being in a raid instance of HoH, deleting GI and making a new GI took me to anguish every time. whole group too, and no matter how many time I zoned into HoH pub and said "Enter Guild" I kept being zoned to the same instance of anguish with <China> guild.

I too have never experienced this problem until the change.
Drep

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2013, 11:05:44 am »

Are these 24 hour instances for all tiers and permanent?

my group just recently busted into t6.  Between a family and kids, I will never be able to sit a computer for that long in a single day and will never get to the end of the zone before the timer runs out.  Sad

Drep (War),  Wudd (Cleric), Mdydar (Monk)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2013, 11:11:54 am »

Problem with instances right now is I cleared out the instance table but didn't delete player qglobals relating to which instance id they were assigned too. I'll need to wipe those too at some point, prefereable before reboot or something.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2013, 07:15:22 am »

Thanks for the free waypoint weekend, Hunter. Are we staying with 24 hour instances at 120 hour prices, though? Or is that scheduled to change still at some point?

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2013, 08:34:58 am »

Prices were not just based per X hrs but also based per players spamming new instances to exploit place holders, etc.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2013, 09:25:04 am »

So the prices will stay the same, and the time will be 24 hours? Just trying to figure out whats what, H.

Rellock

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2013, 09:59:52 am »

Is there any way to have the timers different per zone like the prices are?
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2013, 10:11:29 am »

Would be nice if the free waypoint was free instances too  Grin

Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2013, 10:23:07 am »

Would be nice if the free waypoint was free instances too  Grin

+1

Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2013, 02:28:03 pm »

Prices were not just based per X hrs but also based per players spamming new instances to exploit place holders, etc.

And while I can understand thats your end of it, Hunter, you also have to see the players end of it. For us its a usage fee to avoid having to compete with other players for resources/time/etc, and to allow us to play on our own time as opposed to someone elses. When suddenly the charge for that in essence increases fivefold, its natural that we'd want to know whether this was permanent or something thats in the process of being fixed. Just as if suddenly your hosting fees went from what you're paying now for 30 days went to the same amount for a week....you'd be concerned. Well, more than a few people in ooc lately have voiced concern.

And, again, not trying to push you, or be a jerk, just was wondering where things lay. We'd heared before that prices would be changed or perhaps instance durations retweaked, and I'd just wondered if that was still in the cards.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 432