Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 08:05:12 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 90
Print
Author Topic: Broken Stuff Repair Shop v2.0  (Read 633103 times)
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: July 15, 2014, 08:01:32 pm »

Yer shittin me. Ok, now I feel stupid....er

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 24, 2014, 01:04:27 pm »

Not broken, but noting a performance issue since the hardware upgrade.

What I have seen is video lag similar to what we had back when Hunter turned on the snooper script in T6 during dbl loot.  If you remember that time period you know what I am seeing. 

1.  The War pulls 10 or so, returns to the group, hits group attack and they stand there for several seconds.
2.  At the end of the fight the War is still attacking and the rest of the melee stops moving... again for a couple of seconds.  Tab over to the Pally and the fight is over on his screen.
3.  Wait a few seconds and the War sees the fight end, but the rest of the toons disappear from his screen.  Blink, blink and they reappear and you can rinse and repeat.

Rebooting the box doesn't change things.  The issue is more than intermittent, but sometimes it is worse than others.  Up to and including complete desync on the War and one or two other toons.  It was more noticeable this weekend when we had 400+ on line so server population does have an effect.

I'm sure it's just a matter of tweaking, but thought I should note it for a future look.
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 24, 2014, 01:19:36 pm »

ive also started noticing again when I hit my loot key, the toon loots and then you hit it again and he goes back to the body he just looted and tries to loot again. meaning there is a lag of the corpse disappearing. before this latest server upgrade this wasn't a problem. toons would loot and go to the next and loot as fast as you could hit the loot hotkey

also since this past round I have noticed that the "loot all" key isn't looting all items. ive had this happen on my main box and toons box clients. it does it with or without a crew loaded in, meaning on 1 or if I have 12 on

another note, there does seem to be a video lag that wasn't present before on heavy pulls, like in T6+, 10-12 ok, 20+ not so ok. problem on my end? maybe, but it didn't happen before this past round of upgrades. its like you get that frame by frame thing, lol.

WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 24, 2014, 01:30:07 pm »

I have noticed this loot thing too. If there is more than 1 item on the corpse and i loot the one and click the next one to fast i pop off the corpse.

As for client/server rendering issues I did notice that i was Taking longer to process on my Main toon client side with only 12. I did notice some toons clients were having their settings reset to default and having to go back and reedit some toons and that took away the issue MOST of the time. Seems like more data is being calculated again?

Kwai your seems more like a filter issue if its only happening with 10.
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 24, 2014, 04:26:19 pm »

on the same lines I've noticed running thru zones the frickin toons get lost/drop off like all the time now. so huge toon lag ;(

clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 24, 2014, 06:30:23 pm »

Also experiencing this loot issue.  Manually clicking the items vs. clicking loot all will result the same.  Only seems to happen when corpses have 4+ items to loot.
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 24, 2014, 09:22:42 pm »

Agreed. Lag has been a returning issue lately.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 25, 2014, 03:43:19 am »

I'll investigate what is occurring with the new hardware. My pre-preemptive thoughts is that it is processor bottleneck as we're using what Hunter was using originally but has been re-factored. If CPU is the issue there are some adjustments I can make.

I would like to hear more specifics on 'lag' too, like how bad are we talking. Is it just slight noticeables here and there when there is high population?

Bandwidth is definitely not an issue, disk is definitely not an issue, I'm thinking it is processor tie-up.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 03:53:48 am by Akkadius » Logged

EZ Server GM
Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 25, 2014, 11:05:02 am »

Last night while  clearing T7 i ran into this very badly where my crew desynced 3 times....then while killing a boss chain i lost one toon and i had to shut down the client b/c he would not ever load. This is what used to happen with the old old set up. frist time its happened to me since the new set up old set up

old old set up = hunter's
new old = what we just changed from
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 25, 2014, 03:27:29 pm »

I had the same thing last night T7.

Something has changed.

I had to log and sleep from the frustrations!

Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: July 27, 2014, 04:06:45 pm »

Ultimate Zweihander (and I would assume the hand to hand as well) don't combine in magic box to make the next UW (at least from 4 to 5, since that's what I was trying)

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 28, 2014, 12:30:54 pm »

After talking to Immovable I tested zerk epic (1.0 and 1.5) with a lowbie zerker. Click works, proc doesnt. Was this intentionally changed? Used to proc and click both.

Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 30, 2014, 08:18:36 am »

EZ Credit tokens coming back, or are the scary keys now in vogue for good?

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Chane Laforet

With No Voice... Can I Betray You

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 30, 2014, 03:47:35 pm »

Radiant Cure doesn't seem to get rid of root, or even blind all the time, seems to only work maybe 40% of the time. Would personally like to see root removed from the HoHa zone in general since it's a major buzz kill, I kill the mob in a few seconds but they tend to root me, Radiant cure fails to cure and I end up tabbing out and browsing because I have to sit and wait 20+ seconds. Really hurts the drive to grind these mobs lol

тнє тнαηαтσѕ ιηѕтιηcт
Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 30, 2014, 04:11:11 pm »

try manastone or shrimp manastone from  CG to get rid if root
don't know if it still works thou
used that a long time ago in HoH
or get resists up =)

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 90
Print
Jump to:  

Recent