Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 08:25:11 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 ... 90
Print
Author Topic: Broken Stuff Repair Shop v2.0  (Read 632409 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #780 on: October 06, 2015, 11:44:56 am »

Anyone else having an issue with toons getting kicked from ToFS7.  I know my toon is only 73 but I got her keyed all the way up to floor 7.  This is my 3rd trip up to floor 7 to get it a master key and every time it walks across the random damage dealing ring it gets ported to nexus, not killed, just ported. 

What am I doing wrong?  Is there a level limit you have to be to be able to stay on the 7th floor?

Send me the character name (PM) and I'll look in to it.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #781 on: October 06, 2015, 11:50:21 am »

Anyone else having an issue with toons getting kicked from ToFS7.  I know my toon is only 73 but I got her keyed all the way up to floor 7.  This is my 3rd trip up to floor 7 to get it a master key and every time it walks across the random damage dealing ring it gets ported to nexus, not killed, just ported. 

What am I doing wrong?  Is there a level limit you have to be to be able to stay on the 7th floor?

-Hate

This happened to a buddy of mine I got keyed the other night. I think it is Hunter's old code that tests for Vhal key and then boots your off the floor if you are in Tserenia's room. It booted the guy to Nexus when he ran down the first hallway which is DIRECTLY underneath her room. My guess is, the code doesn't update and recheck for the key before it fires off its booting mechanism. I do not know how often it checks for characters to be keyed, but my guess is: Guy loots key, pops up to 7, runs a little, Hunter's code thinks he's in Tserenia's room once he runs underneath it and boots him, having not checked for a Vhal key in the 60 seconds since the character grabbed it.

This code was initially put in to ban people from using Master keys on characters that did not do the proper tofs progression (Tserenia used to be pulled to floor 2 and killed + looted) This also was what made him add Fading Memories to the mirrors to prevent her from being pulled.
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #782 on: October 06, 2015, 03:07:30 pm »

I finally figured out what was causing my warrior to receive crap buffs while doing my MGBs. While the warrior is channeling the oh-so-long XP mask, any buffs that hit him while he is mid-cast only land for 50% duration. No clue if this is something that can be fixed, but easy to work around, just mgb xp first, then do buffs after.
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #783 on: October 06, 2015, 09:08:05 pm »

Here's a weird one:

Was gearing up a couple buddies in t9 and theres a little faction turn-in snafu.

The toons still needing faction for their armor were, of course, looting hg eye, bp page, zerk chestsplitter and then gating, re-entering to zone in to turn in to shady.

Here's where it gets weird.. If they are raided up, the entire raid gets credit for their turn in.... except for them. No faction hit, no xp msg. /raiddisband and turn in, xp msg, faction boost, the whole nine yards.

Might be a coding deal in raids, might not. Just makes you giggle when a half dozen maxed toons get xp/faction they dont need, and the only one you care about gets zilch. lol.

This would happen if the toons turning in the items were in group 1, group 2, or group 3. The only way we were able to get any faction boost  at all for the person turning in was to raiddisband them and re add them after.

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #784 on: October 06, 2015, 11:05:23 pm »

Here's a weird one:

Was gearing up a couple buddies in t9 and theres a little faction turn-in snafu.

The toons still needing faction for their armor were, of course, looting hg eye, bp page, zerk chestsplitter and then gating, re-entering to zone in to turn in to shady.

Here's where it gets weird.. If they are raided up, the entire raid gets credit for their turn in.... except for them. No faction hit, no xp msg. /raiddisband and turn in, xp msg, faction boost, the whole nine yards.

Might be a coding deal in raids, might not. Just makes you giggle when a half dozen maxed toons get xp/faction they dont need, and the only one you care about gets zilch. lol.

This would happen if the toons turning in the items were in group 1, group 2, or group 3. The only way we were able to get any faction boost  at all for the person turning in was to raiddisband them and re add them after.

Had the same problem myself. Would quit raid to get faction.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #785 on: October 07, 2015, 12:12:12 am »

This happened to a buddy of mine I got keyed the other night. I think it is Hunter's old code that tests for Vhal key and then boots your off the floor if you are in Tserenia's room. It booted the guy to Nexus when he ran down the first hallway which is DIRECTLY underneath her room. My guess is, the code doesn't update and recheck for the key before it fires off its booting mechanism. I do not know how often it checks for characters to be keyed, but my guess is: Guy loots key, pops up to 7, runs a little, Hunter's code thinks he's in Tserenia's room once he runs underneath it and boots him, having not checked for a Vhal key in the 60 seconds since the character grabbed it.

This code was initially put in to ban people from using Master keys on characters that did not do the proper tofs progression (Tserenia used to be pulled to floor 2 and killed + looted) This also was what made him add Fading Memories to the mirrors to prevent her from being pulled.

they have no such code... you can run around floor 7 all day with no val key if you get a tes key......a...um...little bird found this out and told me so...but for real...all bs...no such code.

it is all based on elevations so you can not stand on the top top floor where tes spawns OR the bottom floor where svart spawns without the key or you get insta kicked from zone.....HOWEVER any other elevation below that and you are fine...even just slightly below it....

them damn birds is cheaters and should be ashamed of themselves.

Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #786 on: October 07, 2015, 12:21:07 am »

they have no such code... you can run around floor 7 all day with no val key if you get a tes key......a...um...little bird found this out and told me so...but for real...all bs...no such code.

it is all based on elevations so you can not stand on the top top floor where tes spawns OR the bottom floor where svart spawns without the key or you get insta kicked from zone.....HOWEVER any other elevation below that and you are fine...even just slightly below it....

All bs? There is no code? Then the next sentence you claim how you've found out how to exploit around said code? Sometimes, I wish I could delete you from the server. Here's a thought, toons with freshly looted keys are getting booted, toons that already had keys are fine, something is obviously broken. Why do you even bother posting stupid bullshit like this?
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #787 on: October 07, 2015, 10:22:44 pm »

Do death spells no longer stack in different ranks? Seeing just rank 3 doing damage, with all 3 cast and epidemic on.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
huffdady

View Profile
« Reply #788 on: October 08, 2015, 11:08:49 am »

Anyone else having an issue with toons getting kicked from ToFS7.  I know my toon is only 73 but I got her keyed all the way up to floor 7.  This is my 3rd trip up to floor 7 to get it a master key and every time it walks across the random damage dealing ring it gets ported to nexus, not killed, just ported.  

What am I doing wrong?  Is there a level limit you have to be to be able to stay on the 7th floor?

-Hate

Hate,

You can look into it for later but for now I found a way to get around it.  I tried deleting the instance and re spawning it, no luck. I tried a couple of times running the toon up and it doesn't matter how long it sits at entrance of floor 7, it won't get kicked.  The moment I run it through the "random chance to do damage" ring the toon gets ported back to Nexus.   When I started trying this, the toon was 71.  Now the toon is 76 and still having the issue, so toon level doesn't have anything to do with it.

I fixed it by getting it a Tesserina Key.  I got this toon up to level 6 and parked it there.  I then used my team to spawn Tserrina, cleared a path for this toon to make it to 7th level.  When this toon got to the 7th level, I immediately had it die and corpse pulled it's body to TS's room.  Killed TS, rezed the toon and let it loot the key.  The toon was able to stay on floor 7.  I didn't try to run her through one of the rings because she will not have to go that way anymore.  I will just use the TS key and the mirror to jump right to floor 7.  

Good luck,
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #789 on: October 08, 2015, 11:16:30 am »

The rings are directly underneath Tserenia's room. Maybe the boot to nexus code is checking keyrings rather than keys. Are you porting that character up via the group teleport? Or clicking all the mirrors on that character?

I say this because the only time I've seen this issue happen, the second time the bugged character attempts to go to floor 7 there's never been an issue, after loading into the zone again with all keys saved on the keyring.
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #790 on: October 11, 2015, 06:13:51 pm »

Server is still having some poopy lag fits tonight.

Also the pet bug is still ocurring it looks like. Currently watching two level 70 pets (Shadow Knight and Mage) run around Stone Hive with a Tserrina Whip + T9 Sword.
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #791 on: October 11, 2015, 07:06:54 pm »

Weird pet bug. The LAST character you log in and create a pet with, if they have a summon bag, any other char you log in and summon a pet will equip those weapons. I think thats what Kruc is seeing.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #792 on: October 11, 2015, 07:09:08 pm »

Nah, it's giving pet weapons to everyyyyyone on the server, even low level noobs just for summoning a pet. Very very very very very very very few people have actually done the Summoner's Bag, and I'm seeing it on characters who don't even have a 77 character to have the option of having that unlocked.
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #793 on: October 11, 2015, 07:16:04 pm »

Ok, we tested this.....how it works now is anyone who summons a pet in that zone with a summon bag, their pets weapons become the default for any other pets summoned in that zone UNTIL someone with a bag summons again there.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #794 on: October 11, 2015, 08:23:05 pm »

Ok, we tested this.....how it works now is anyone who summons a pet in that zone with a summon bag, their pets weapons become the default for any other pets summoned in that zone UNTIL someone with a bag summons again there.

Thought it was fixed with an adjustment I made recently, guess not. Will look in to it tomorrow when I'm not so drowsy and confused.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 ... 90
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 125