Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 06:05:57 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 ... 90
Print
Author Topic: Broken Stuff Repair Shop v2.0  (Read 655767 times)
barrettd04

View Profile
« Reply #735 on: September 15, 2015, 06:39:40 am »

Also,  does the ranger epic augs get awesome after 4.5? I had all the old epic swords/4.0 bow,  got a 4.5 book, turned in one of the swords and got back an aug that is bow only and is like a 12k clicky. I was so excited to put the aug in my shitty Spine Sticker thing or whatever the hell its called. Da fuq? Lol,  only saying cause compared to somethin like my zerk 4.0 which is a 40k proc and clicky it seems a tad....under-powered.  I dont even use my bow on the ranger, and it seems like no one else does either,, lol. Anyway,  thanks for reading/putting up with us Hate,  you da man! Cheesy

garybusey - warrior
umadd - pally
wayfaerer - pewpew
rondonald - cleric
obzen - monk
dongus - zerker
dorfkus - pally
ultrabeard - zerker
dopesmoke - drood
djenty - chanter
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: September 15, 2015, 10:23:06 am »

So I made a new character recently and for some reason it suddenly crashes whenever I use MQ2 on this one specific character. I can't login while MQ2 is open and have to close it to get the character on, I can then load up MQ2 and it'll work for a bit but once I try to zone I crash again. Tried deleting any files related to the character in MQ2 and EQ folder but it's not helping. Any advice?

I'd download something to monitor your RAM usage. Core temp is great if you have an intel processor. Monitors processor load / temperature and RAM use. Highly highly recommend using this for any gamer. Also use MSI Afterburner to monitor my video card, but that's another story. The drivers don't control its fan's properly  Roll Eyes Stupid thing was overheating while the fan speed on it wasn't even adjusting to help it out. MSIA lets yout tell it how high to set the fans based on temperature.

This is what mine looks like, have em to the right of my EQ windows.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 10:33:13 am by Kruciel » Logged
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: September 15, 2015, 11:46:51 am »

Vampiric Thunder has always been magic-type only.

Negative. It most definitely effected all strikes and all nuke spells. Did not effect UW proc, I believe, or maybe it was the pre nerf click it didnt change....but it had impact on the rest of the strikes for years.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #738 on: September 15, 2015, 12:05:08 pm »

Also,  does the ranger epic augs get awesome after 4.5?

Not so much. If you give the G.A.R. 2 melee weapons and NS aug them and include bow clicks in your regular melee rotation (it clicks point blank) it adds a bit of damage and benefit. But pretty much the only use people had here for bow combat was Overthere pvp, which is no longer an issue. All in all the ranger doesnt thrill me: their dps (for me anyway) is lower than my chanter, their one decent buff is erased by another buff I use constantly (ancenstral grudge removes Huntmaster) and their epic bow click, while interesting and nice extra dps, isnt really that profound an impact on my team.

The only real use I've found for mine was ONE pull in ONE zone (no class pulls T9 Black Priest better....they can one shot an eye from range without agroing other eyes and their level 69 dispel removes BP's self buff in one shot WITHOUT agroing him).

All in all I'd rather use the group slot for another class (and I removed my T9 ranger from my team), but thats just me min/maxing. I have no nostalgia or affection for the class. I always thought they were a bigger pain in the ass than they were worth live (snarebots for raids was about it).

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #739 on: September 15, 2015, 01:40:29 pm »

T9 black priest is like the easiest thing in the world to kill..

priest spawns...

run to lake...

clear skelly camp near lake

set up group at lake..

run warrior to BP spawn... pull BP

run to lake  with BP in tow

BP is faster than eyes...

Ninja clicky when BP comes over the hill to lake..

run out and solo grab BP...

MOnky click BP

Beat to 22%ish

BP pops back and spams zone...

Wait....have a drink...pee..whatever..

Bp comes back with a few bats and maybe and eye or 2 in tow...

Kill BP

loot BP

/echo off

Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #740 on: September 15, 2015, 01:45:05 pm »

Doing all that takes much longer than just shooting the eyes with the ranger. Besides, it's fun  Cool
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #741 on: September 15, 2015, 01:53:17 pm »

^

I have the GAR shoot the eyes, when they are dead he uses Natures Balance to strip the stonewall then bow clicks to pull. Takes no time at all.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 01:54:53 pm by Chunka » Logged

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: September 15, 2015, 03:04:16 pm »

start to finish its about 2 mins /shrug

AcuteAnthrax

View Profile
« Reply #743 on: September 15, 2015, 03:15:18 pm »

Thanks Kruciel and Reddwarf.

I do have my temps all in my task bar to keep an eye on and nothing funky going on there. I can load up 20+ toons without issue, it's just this one toon with MQ2 doesn't get along. It's possible a plugin is messing things up, I'll try and unload it and see whats up.

~The Thanatos Instinct~
Moruk

View Profile
« Reply #744 on: September 18, 2015, 12:36:48 pm »

A lot of bard songs dont use the correct skill types, causing missed notes and under performing songs

Some examples include:

Lvl 70 Elemental A Cappella uses Abjuration instead of Singing
Lvl 70 Nillipus' Stampede of the Wee uses Alteration instead of Percussion Instruments

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: September 18, 2015, 09:00:55 pm »

T9 black priest is like the easiest thing in the world to kill..

priest spawns...

run to lake...

clear skelly camp near lake

set up group at lake..

run warrior to BP spawn... pull BP

run to lake  with BP in tow

BP is faster than eyes...

Ninja clicky when BP comes over the hill to lake..

run out and solo grab BP...

MOnky click BP

Beat to 22%ish

BP pops back and spams zone...

Wait....have a drink...pee..whatever..

Bp comes back with a few bats and maybe and eye or 2 in tow...

Kill BP

loot BP

/echo off

I find it easier to just pull eyeballs with your warrior and use your AE clicky hate item (from t4) to kill eyes with one click...then pull BP right there.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #746 on: September 18, 2015, 10:22:05 pm »

Hate, any way to fix the melee guild hall npc min FG actually lowering some skills whenever you hail him? My tank's defenses when I hailed to train up triple attack after your message last night went from 324 to 270. Similar skill drops on other characters.

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #747 on: September 19, 2015, 09:03:25 pm »

I was playing around last night and pulled him guts feathers and all and had zero issues ... the AOE damage is fairly wimpy now from the 8 or 9 eyes that come with.....

Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: September 20, 2015, 09:10:51 am »

Wanted to find out where we were on a few things, since I cant recall or dont know.

Pets zoning
Will we see pets able to keep long term buffs when they zone? Is this an "after t10" fix, a "next source update" fix or a "not gonna happen"? Also, pets still constantly lose summon bag equipped gear when they zone, and have to relog to get it back. Is a fix for this in the works too?

Vampiric Thunder Wasnt sure I understood your comments in OOC regarding this the other day, Hate. Is this something you plan to look into? Is this an "after t10" fix, a "next source update" fix or a "not gonna happen"? Or a "hellifino"? Cheesy

Necros Their AE dps is amazing, IF they get a version of death or 2 and epidemic cast on one mob before it dies! Any way to make epidemic part of the death spell? If not what can be done to make necros more useful than in just 1 or 2 zones on mass pulls with bosses in the mix, or to teams with very little dps?

Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #749 on: September 20, 2015, 11:49:30 am »

A lot of bard songs dont use the correct skill types, causing missed notes and under performing songs

Some examples include:

Lvl 70 Elemental A Cappella uses Abjuration instead of Singing
Lvl 70 Nillipus' Stampede of the Wee uses Alteration instead of Percussion Instruments

This was due to some...uhh...@#$@ed up scaling, causing them to add thousands of AC or thousands of resists. I'll experiment somewhat soon with new source update in place. :-)

-Hate
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 ... 90
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061