Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 01:35:25 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
Print
Author Topic: What do ~YOU~ want to see in EZ?  (Read 79526 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« on: July 16, 2014, 07:12:15 pm »

What do ~YOU~ want to see in EZ?

This one is a bit different than the rest. I'm posting this for a variety of reasons. The biggest one is that I would like to see EZ return to it's former "500+" online at any time status. A time when a player could hope in to see all kinds of shenanigans flip through OOC (both good and bad...). I've been working through posting update threads and then planned update threads, but I've not played in so long that I've truly lost my bearings. My entire mindset has been changed so dramatically that I can honestly say that I am no longer a reliably voice in terms of player opinion.

With that being said, what types of things would YOU like to see in EZ? New content in terms of new tiers, more LDON (EZ version or live version) things, mini dungeons, more pvp content/events, etc etc etc. What do YOU want in EZ?

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
aythena

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 07:23:39 pm »

Just for senpai to notice me </3 lol and poison proc rogue epic XD sorc charm scale on pets procs lots of things everyone flames me for suggesting...how about an alternate tier progression area like tofs has levels but each level is a tier in aspect of gear etc, like floor 1 qvic, floor 2 ct floor 3 tier 1 floor 4 tier 2 etc... you get keys for the same flags as you would other tiers from npc at zl idk XD its an idea and maybe add different slot items for that zone ie different rings earrings etc.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 07:33:32 pm by aythena » Logged

Leader of the Angry Waifu Club:
Cause even waifu have feels too.
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 07:48:32 pm »

I would like to see a dungeon crawl zone with various levels of difficulty. Like one of the eh Qvic or mountain type zones where you are given a specific option. Kill XX in 20 mins or Kill 4 named. Random drop rewards and random end rewards, using 10 or 20 minute instances. Weapon skins, random level of augs, cash, crystals etc etc.

Keeze
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 08:13:47 pm »

I'd like to see Convorteum be used.
With the layout of the zone you could easily wall off each floor and create different levels like TOFS.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 10:20:55 pm »

So many things I've considered lately....

And sorry if I repeat ideas posted, since I'm writing this over several hours.

Dungeon crawls, for sure. I love em! Something thats IP limited, like OT, so you have to work with others....then maybe rewards at the end, or alternate currency that allows you to buy some items. Add various essence drops to the crawl, and maybe SLS drops. Perhaps full strike augs, reward matching level of difficulty (maybe rank 8 max). Oh, and make this type crawl something thats impossible to mass pull and AE. Not leashed....but maybe make the mobs heavy hitters and completely erase any type of run speed buff on zone in? Something. But at the core make this a TEAM task, something you have to work together to complete, with a full group (6 people). Make the rewards good enough, perhaps as I outlined above, and you'd have no shortage of people eager to do em. And....make them solid enough in terms of gear rewards that you'd get people who hate the whole boxing thing STILL playing here.

Yeah, it'd probably be a lot of work....but you asked Cheesy

Another idea I liked.....again, single IP thing, just 1 character....but enter a zone with X amount of other people, in a 6 or 12 or 18 person task. Go through the zone, killing, exploring, opening boxes, whatever....like a scavenger hunt. The first person to hand in all items is removed from the zone and gets the big reward. 2nd gets a lesser, etc, as far as you'd want to take it. Again, all buffs removed on zone in, and a buff bot to hail by the task NPC.

With both of these ideas make different tiers of tasks, in different zones. Use some of the zones people here have probably NEVER seen, from later expansions. You'd get a ton of people playing JUST for this.

As stated above, alternatives to current zones would be fantastic, if they were feasible given the amount of work involved. If not alternatives to tiers, then at the very least alternatives to UC2/UC3! Could even put em in the same zone, different areas with different difficulty. Right now content is very linear, and it'd be nice to have some alternatives.

Make necro Death spell AE the dots!! Make it very short area if you must, or a limited number of mobs it can land on at once.....but that one thing would fix necro dps!

Despite arguments against, I still think getting UW off the same tiered essences as strikes/SOA/etc is a great idea. Throttling UW progression via drop rates of items that are needed for pretty much mandatory gear (strike augs are NOT optional, sorry) is IMO a bad idea....and only hurts newer players just starting out. The people claiming that it isnt broken have NOT tried to gear up a team on their own without ANY higher level help.

Along that same line....its actually harder to get Dragons minor essences than it is to get gods major. Considerably harder. It shouldnt be. Creating a bottleneck that keeps teams at rank 2 strike augs is, IMO, a good way to keep that number from hitting 500 people on. Again, if you claim "this isnt broken" then start a new team and work ONLY that new team and tell me how easy it is to get dragons minor! I think a quick fix for this would be to leave the drop rate, if thats what you want to do, but bring back the trash adds on boss fights in T1.

UW are IMO in a great place! Yeah, the promise of UW augs still intrigues me, but with the new system and being able to slot epic augs into a UW....and the concept of UW on pet classes giving the pets the UW weapon...I think UW is pretty damned good!

I know donations are still down....but I also know Akk's doing his best to get em back up again. Once they are.....one idea I sent to Hunter a year or so ago was small cost reward items, perhaps with a timer. Example? A free instance maker that costs say 5, 10, 25 credits but lasts a week, a month, etc. Some people blanch at the $100 price tag of the current permanent one, but paying 5 ot 10 bucks for one for a week or 4 wouldnt hurt so much. Perhaps "Rent-A-Wrecker", that allows you to temporarily pump one character of your choice to T5 for 3 days at X cost (low). Or rent one thats limited access (if such a thing is feasible). This would allow newer players a chance to PL themselves, experience what some of the higher tiers have to offer and have some fun at a lower cost that paying 35 bucks for a character artificially elevated to 3.0. That kind of a thing. Low cost short term rewards that give players a sample of what higher donations can get them.

Also.....I would really like to see strike augs, UC, SoT, epics, etc removed from rewards. I still dont like the idea of paying to win.....getting items that you can get in game with hard work by just popping down a credit card. I like the idea of donation rewards getting you things that are otherwise impossible to get in game...like the CoH clicky, or the instance maker. Or the run speed click.

Just my 2 cents.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 12:19:17 am by mpano66 » Logged

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Kaid

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 11:03:43 pm »

I'm with Chunka on the IP limited content. I would *love* to just run around poking things in the behind with something pointy. I do think rewards would have to be something that you could trade though (depending on what the rewards are). Since we will still need to outfit our own tank.

I'd even go so far as to limit to two. That way you don't need six real people to get things done, if you can't find that many.

It would also be neat to have NPCs cast some spells that require some tactics to get around. Things that make the fights more interesting, like heal amount debuffs, damage output debuffs, etc.
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 11:55:01 pm »

Fuck IP limited content, I don't play here to be limited in what my group(s) makeup is and I sure as hell didn't devote my resources to gearing out my tank so that people could be forced to group together to get rewards.  I'm sorry if what you want is some sort of forced social interaction because you lack the ability to find people of similar tier/gear/focus levels of play to group or raid with, but for those of use who don't have those issues, limiting us to single or double IP addresses to get better rewards sounds fucking retarded.  You are basically suggesting anyone T5+ who's made their warrior the focus of their upgrades and UW, RoA, SoA, UCvWhatever decide to devote resources to some other support characters who aren't and shouldn't be anywhere nearly as geared as their warrior.  You really want 5 warriors and some undergeared paladin/druid/cleric running through shit so you can get rewards that matter to the 5 warriors but isn't gonna do shit to help the guy stuck playing the healer?

Maybe I'm missing it, and definitely I've had more beers than I should while reading forum updates, but I fail to see the point of implementing any type of IP throttling outside of the lame PvP zones we already have.  Btw, you're asking for more resources to be allocated to sniffing IP addresses than is realistic especially considering there are ways around it.

Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2014, 12:14:16 am »

I think you're misunderstanding Dim. It wouldnt be something thats in the tiers, or required. This would be very optional stuff, outside what we already have. If you dont like doing this type thing, no one would be forcing you to do it to play here....just as no one is currently forcing you to PvP.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2014, 12:37:31 am »

Also with Kaid on more complex fights...something that requires tactics and teamwork to get past. Thats what I was getting at with the IP limited encounters, because fights like Vishimtar the Fallen, or the old MPG trials....or a shit ton of other AMAZING EQ fights would be pretty much impossible boxing. And those fights are a freaking BLAST.

I'd love to see something complex and challenging here....something that'd be a break from the 12 box gear grind....that'd force you to get with the people you're working with, pick what character you want to play, and work out winning strats with the rest of your teammates. Then next time pick a completely different character and relive the whole experience from a different point of view.

If its doable.....if the workload wouldnt make Hate start looking at sniper rifles on http://www.impactguns.com/....I think it'd do a lot for the server.

zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2014, 04:08:05 am »

This is simple but would offer a great way to keep folks on an bring n new foks.
I would move essence requirement for strike augments and change it to something else.. Something you also get from that tier. You can redo t3/4 so the bosses spawn in hoh.. Or make an alt t3/4.. Also maybe an alt t5... Before doing t10, let's add content and options for our mid level folks.
Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2014, 07:31:47 am »

A lot of players that originally are very passionate about the server lose interest because of the amount of time they have to spend farming. Refer to my post in the suggestions section for what I think could be done. In addition to that though, if you added more quests / events/ increased spawn rates and drop rates I'm sure more players would stick around longer. Perhaps zone quests where if players kill x amount of bosses they get a crystal, adding a chance for zone bosses to start a chain spawning series like in the Halloween event, anything that would speed up progression of the zone would be appreciated by the player. Ezserver is already one of the most played emulated servers so the content for the most part is really solid, a few additional things and manipulation of what's already in place could make the experience more enjoyable for the player. To address the counter argument that such changes would make the game easier, Everquest is already easy, but the time investment vs reward ratio is not attractive to most people.
Premador

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2014, 09:39:49 am »

Would be nice to see some content for the people that cant play for 10 hours straight, LDON and ToFS style.
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2014, 01:16:16 pm »

I agree with Hulk, people tend to fall off due to the Grind.  Having said that, I went through the grind and am T9 and have enjoyed it.  If you want a higher pop you could ease up the lower grind to pull more people in.  Even regular Everquest and other MMO's eventually make the lower content easier to keep people interested.

Tweaks of current content:

1.  Addressing the waypoint cost issue is a must.  I suggest lowering the plat costs and make the regular wp free again (unless it already is).  Maybe even lower the donate cost for the FWP as well.

2.  UC/T5 are the first real grind.  Slight increase of some of the more rare T5 boss spawns.  Increase v2 charm drops (noobs won't have access to ToFS floor 5 yet).  Maybe add V1's and V2's to earlier zones like plane of time/qvic/ct/ etc.

3.  Plat drops could use another pass.  Maybe increase drop rates or increasing the amount of plat each type is worth.

4.  Possibly lower costs of strike augs in some manner.

5.  If we could figure out some way to get the word out (not sure how or where it would go).

6.  Consider monthly weekend double loot or some other attractive alternative.  Server pop always jumps up during double loot time and if more features are being added, people should take notice.

New Content:

1. The LDON style runs could be real nice and rewards could include plat/ess/charms/other neat stuff.

2.  Arena style encounters like the 2.0 book boss with increased difficulty and rewards aligned with each tier.

3. T10 +  !!!

Gonna have to veto the IP restriction stuff.  We have pvp zones for that and there Are ways around it.  

I have seen many times where people at the top end who have point countless days into this game get all huffy when this type of thread pops up.  Hopefully they can understand that server population is something many desire despite most of us boxing our own armies.  Some of that criticism may have to be overlooked in order to push this ideal through.

~~~~ T9 side note ~~~~

Some simple tweaks that I would love to see.   High quality metal changed item graphic icon to something else other than the metal bits (or color change).  Same with the silk and wisp stones.  Most of us don't have clothie armies but the spiders and wisps are a bit more rare.  Possibly add a few spider spawns/camps.  I'm not sure exactly how bad the undead army affects the HG spawn these days, but you could replace some of those spawned mobs with shadow men which would also help with obtaining the blood.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 01:25:50 pm by clbreastmilk » Logged
Mixlor

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2014, 02:34:40 pm »

I am with Dimur and CLB on the IP limit....please don't. I play on this server because I can do stuff on my own and whenever I want to. If I want to help someone out or invite them to run with me... I do so by choice. I think that is what I really like about this server because I have a choice and don't have to be  dependent on others unless I choose to be. I think if I wanted that, I would jump on P99 or play Live if I wanted social interaction. Maybe I am missing something here with the IP limit but doesn't sound like something I would be interested in if I am forced to find others to go thru certain content. With that being said...I am with everyone else on the ideas that have sprung forth! Awesome inputs guys!

+1k

Mix
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2014, 03:26:53 pm »

Just some low maintenance items on my list.

Hand in items should have a check (For Proper NPC) to ensure dummies (like me) do not turn in their ROA to the Level Up chick. 

Definitive instruction on the Epic Vendor regarding Augs.  "You can turn your 2H sword, bow etc.. to me one of ... 1H, Bow etc.."
  - Adding a check for Augs in the early Epic and handing them back if Augged would be sweet.                                       
  - Adding a check for books that have not been combined and handing those back (with the pages still in them) would be nice.  (Yep, did that one too.. back in the day when it was still painful).

We have this wonderful new Wiki so, Wiki links on NPCs would help. 
  - Crafter guild Wiki links on the NPC would be peachy.
  - We already have a quest screen for FG/CG, but a Wiki link on those two NPCs might be appropriate.

... and a bit off the wall here, but I would find it entertaining if NPCs had a more "Hateborne attitude" especially when you screwed up the quest. 
  - Level up chick smacks you in the head and says... "You haven't finished X-portion of the zone quest yet nub."

Stun resist.  Nothing on this server pulls my chain more than a 3 foot tall frog from LDoN stunning my T8/9, UW/SOA/ROA equipped toon who was out for a stroll.  I don't know if there is a check for stun resist + level variant, but that occasional bash just tightens my jaws.  If nothing else on the server ever changed except this I would be a happy grinder (and I haven't been in LDoN in years).
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 299
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)