Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 01:37:14 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11
Print
Author Topic: What do ~YOU~ want to see in EZ?  (Read 79527 times)
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2014, 07:03:48 am »

Just kill off the augment fragments and replace them with super rare versions of the full aug (like HOH but obv even more rare). It gives the new players breaking in one less learning curve to climb and gives returning farmers the ability to 'loot all' like god intended. Lord knows how much plat / rainbows on the bottom of 3 screen scroll chests were missed out on because racing thru popping tikis those regular chests waste valuable time (dbl loot or not, really).

Yes x 1000
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2014, 07:10:02 am »

And I say yes x 1000 not because I'm ever going to farm postorms again, but because new players need those augs, and it shouldn't take 200 bosses and days of trash clears to craft a few anger augs that used to be easily accessible within a few hours of getting flagged for the zone (grabbing the warrior's t1 + t2 chest and hightailing it to HOH to get them augs + 3.5 book + 4.0 book) It used to be so easy to help new players thru this crutch with the old flagging system. Now it's a huge cockblock  Shocked

I used to love gearing new warriors to that point and watching them go back and enjoy leveling their team, farm charms etc. If it were up to me, I'd put anger 4 augs in qvic, since there are so many adds on bosses there. Maybe add a random aug to Ancient Sand Monster, either Anger 4, HP 4, or mana regen 4. Those were the only augs I ever bothered using out of allllll of the things you can craft from PoStorms.
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2014, 05:23:33 pm »

I would like to see resist aug combine 5-9 in place (8 of 1 of the same = 3 rank highers).

I only offer to 9 because that is the tier we are on.

I would like to see all lvls of 4 of the same = next rank

I would like a 50% increase of the shadow knight ae soul eater. As it currently stands a t8 spell is sort of useless post t4.

I would like to see delete instance back. set timer for once every 24 hours to reduce abuse.

It would be nice to see something added to combat abilties for classes if possible.
This is a good way to boost melee

I think a lot of use would like to see some kind of event that would sort of enforce grouping.

My thoughts on this,

Danish

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2014, 03:19:48 am »

I think a lot of use would like to see some kind of event that would sort of enforce grouping.

I agree that it would be awesome with a "gem collector" sort of thing, geared towards groups of players. However, I really don't think that the reward should be anything considerable in terms of progression. As a lot of players, are perfectly fine doin' their own thang.

Other than that, to generate some drama and fellowship, such events would be fun.
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2014, 10:20:48 am »

The problem with "Group Events" is that everyone is already grouped.  Someone's 3 box is another person's 18 box.  Putting a static # of players required to complete a event given equal gear is a rocky road to pursue on this server.  Instead, the mechanic of T5 quest credit (excluding the 1 armor drop per boss) is a proper method to pursue in terms of encouraging players to group. 

An example of this working through T10+ would be that all progression items (armor) are gained from a quest.  Think T5 boss spawns but once you turn it in, you get a full set of armor.  Then everyone could truly group up and smash a zone and there wouldn't be benefit to soloing it except for essences/money/etc.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2014, 10:40:04 am »

It's funny, honestly why you guys don't group up and just go apepoo and smash zones together. Is the greed that much of a factor that you do it all solo(with your box team)??

There are plenty of us to already get together(same zone) and just go smash and guess what.. all of us get geared way faster then the greed of solo play. (you should see 6-12 groups clearing zones the repop and repeat)

This words "Enforcing", "IP Limit", "Socializing" to get players to play together. I am not going to carry some clown through the content cause they do not want to truly invest in their toons one way or another( There are many players I get with daily as I'm sure they find people to get with as much as I do). Maybe you guys that keep saying force force force feed content should fucking Guild/Group up and go smash shit together I challenge you.

This is always the same tune by the same players(type). The mechanics 9+ tiers deep already promote this, it's honestly up to you guys to /raidinv and /say raid invite <name> each other.

Fast clears (with friends) = more loot no matter how you look at it. So start looking at the content and your friends list and say, "Hey wanna come to my zone"

It's so easy with cross guild/raid instance invitations now.. no excuses

« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 07:51:14 pm by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2014, 10:55:39 am »

Again, straw man.

NO ONE IS SAYING ITS ABOUT FORCING SOCIALIZATION IN PROGRESSION CONTENT. No one is saying its on mandatory content. No one is telling anyone they HAVE to group. ALL this is is a suggestion on how to get more people on EZ....and providing things to do where multi boxing is impossible, by virtue of IP limits and fight mechanics. Could just as easily not worry about IP limits and create encounters where boxing is impossible (Vish fight, as an example.....EVERYONE needs to be doing something, and there are usually 6 to 8 separate tasks that need to be handled simultaneously or the encounter fails).

Again, this would be OPTIONAL, ENTERTAINMENT CONTENT that rewards people handsomely for working together. No one would be forcing you to drag anyone anywhere, because you could just decide to not participate, and it wouldnt effect your play or ability to handle progression content in any way.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2014, 11:12:03 am »

I see all this want want want..

Who the hell is writting this event code to Hateborne to review or do you guys want him to sit down and spend 40-80 hours a week personal time for these "awesome single IP limited with apparently MASSIVE HANDSOME rewards"  ( oh then the guys writing the code think they deserve 100000000s of EZ credit for helping)

The content will still be jacked because player A thinks he deserves what player B received.. This is just like that Black Unicorn event.. when the server gimps were rewarded with the effort of a few because they HAILED a NPC and received near game breaking weapons.

There isn't this magical Code maker that is in the sky, this is not a paid MMO with a team of game designers..

How do you pertain to make content around that? what ask them to take their weapons off so they are the same as you ? and yet RECEIVE HANDSOME rewards.

Get off my soap box with me! Lets go grind
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 07:51:54 pm by Fugitive » Logged

-Hate"
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2014, 11:13:37 am »

ALL this is is a suggestion on how to get more people on EZ....

And this is a fail statement, go back and look it's all.

"I want" ..

Even my 30+ Point post on page 2

Not if we do this we can get more players..

That above is how absurd other games reward players.. do you see that shit ever being able to be a good thing on EZ?

You yourself appears upset of the asshats on EQNEXT... .. the old players are the tight community small and hardcore..

The problem with EZ.. it's the same how to venture out and get new blood.. is going to be hard and trivial...but handsomely rewarding players (with something in mind of near game breaking (all rewards seem to be)) to play solo with massive amount of restrictions in place cause "tiered items" are to OP..

/shrug I don't know

I do know this a lot of players wanting to get together (forced no matter what you say all content becomes mandatory) don't do stuff in game with other players grps raids guilds.

EZ might not be for everyone (you yourself push players back to other servers in ooc..)

clbreastmilk hits it on the head, but I would go further.. you can go apeshit and smash up zones as they stand together already and be rewarded)
T9 has more loot per boss this is the way it should go too.. the more players in zone the more bosses spawn basically

« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 07:52:23 pm by Fugitive » Logged

-Hate"
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2014, 11:29:36 am »

Also, instead of trying to reinvent EZ

Why not focus on the shit that is lame and broken.

Hateborne needs to make a new post, why players leave and brainstorm that, otherwise we shooting in the wind with the "I wants (including me)"

-Hate"
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2014, 12:29:08 pm »

I see all this want want want..

Who the hell is writting this event code to Hateborne to review or do you guys want him to sit down and spend 40-80 hours a week personal time for these "awesome single IP limited with apparently MASSIVE HANDSOME rewards"  ( oh then the guys writing the code think they deserve 100000000s of EZ credit for helping)

This right here nails it, we've got one dev working on content and coding and as overwhelmed as he me be, he seems to have absolutely no interest in taking people up on offers of help...Nate's been rebuffed a couple of times on the forums for offering to help with basically a, 'Thanks but no thanks' response.  Sorry for singling Nate out here, but the point is that Nate has done a lot of coding and help over the years for EZ and for Hunter, Hateborne has posted that he's not interested in Nate's help. 

I can tell you openly and honestly that a lot of tenured vets are less than satisfied with trying to offer feedback and either getting a snarky /ooc response from Hateborne, getting told on the forums that you can find another server if you don't like it, or just outright ignored.  I am pretty sure most people understand the gravity of the responsibility Hateborne has accepted, knowing that he's basically in a no win situation and is constantly subject to bitchy, whiny complaints from every level of progression.  I can accept that shit gets old when all you're trying to do is help and it's never enough.  What bothers me, and a handful of other people who've vented/let me vent to them, is the whole martyr mentality of thinking it's all on you and rebuffing people's legitimate attempts to offer help.  Nobody knows what to do because if you offer the wrong feedback or ask the wrong question as to why this is what it is, you either get a pissy response or I'm taking my ball and going home type response.

What I'd like to see?  A little more effort be shown toward building and nurturing this community.  I'd like feedback to be considered and evaluated based strictly on it's own merits from the powers that be since the general community will undoubtedly offer their feedback picking it apart anyhow; I don't see a need for threats of censorship just because it's something that management doesn't like to hear.  We do a good job of policing ourselves and we do a better job of using our in game experiences to reinforce or debunk concerns that people offer up.  People aren't always adept at presenting their ideas and even if it sounds fucking stupid when they offer them up initially, you might be able to find a nugget of wisdom if you can clear the shit obscuring it away. We are the ones playing the content being put out, involve us in discussions when people bring up concerns they deem valid.   

I'd like to see more transparency.  I'd like to have an idea of what the general direction of the server is, where it's headed and why.  It's far too common to log on to changes that were implemented with zero discussion, forewarning or measured feedback.  Regardless of the validity of design/dev changes, people who choose to devote time and resources here don't need to be kept in the dark because the only answer offered as to why is, 'Because I said so.'  We choose to play here at our leisure and would rather be allowed to graze instead of being herded to the trough.

This isn't meant to be a scathing review of on the job performance, I'm simply posting what other people have discussed with me and my own feelings on matters as well.  This is simply me forwarding the results of those discussions to add to and promote further discussion on this thread.  A lot of people keep pointing out ways to fix content and that's valuable feedback, but I think we need to also concern ourselves with the positive health of the community feeling some of us aren't experiencing as much anymore.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2014, 01:02:59 pm »

I suggested it before, and its been touched on by others before and since: we need a solid round table, recurring monthly, quarterly, etc....maybe a chat program for real time input, and the notes posted in a text file on the forums after. You wanna see things improve? Open up the discussion....TRULY open it, and keep in mind that while its going on NONE OF IT IS AN ATTACK AT MANAGEMENT. The players love the server, and want it to succeed. If people get out of hand you can bet your ass other players in that live chat will verbally beat them down before management has to take any actions at all.

But you gotta have to balls to REALLY open the flood gates and ride out the wave....and skin thick enough to not take criticism personally.....and that aint easy.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2014, 01:08:38 pm »

To Fugitive/Chunka pissing match:

LoL you kids.

To Dimur:

I don't know what else that needs to be done. I try to post any changes as they occur (or, generally, in a warpath thread). I am starting this up specifically because I am both concerned that people are not particularly feeling the "being heard". So far, I'm unsure what content suggestions I'm ignoring or what people I'm openly attacking/mocking/ignoring. I really am not sure what other effort could be shown short of handing out loot and mailing flowers. I've heard a similar statement from you before, but I've really yet to see a lot of specifics on fixes/changes/etc. Not to say "YOU SUCK GIMME ANSWERS", but I'm seeing disapproval without suggestions.

*shrug*

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2014, 01:23:42 pm »

If you see disapproval without suggestions, then I suggest you look up definitions to words like transparency, feedback, discussion and snarky.  Not trying to be rude, but typing from the phone and I explained each of these words in great detail in my previous post.

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2014, 01:27:52 pm »

To Fugitive/Chunka pissing match:
LoL you kids.
-Hate

we took it to PMs all good here.. Smiley sorry for derail

-Hate"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 299