Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 01:50:46 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11
Print
Author Topic: What do ~YOU~ want to see in EZ?  (Read 79531 times)
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2014, 12:10:28 pm »

You can voip me any time fugi, day or night. If a lady answers, call back in 10 minutes. That's Rent's mom.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2014, 12:53:53 pm »

Hate, I'd love to see some type chat (real time) meeting every now and then, either on forum or voice. You'd get a lot more and a lot deeper input that way, I think.

Anyway, have some ideas, but I need to look at a couple things in game (after it comes up) to get what I want to say correct.

Yes and no chunka.... forums everyone can see and input... voice or special chats limit everyone to strict times... or 1 or 2 players speaking for all.. need a to be on forums and get players used to participating.. 

Almost true. I could potentially start a monthly chat channel (a few hour chat once a month) and post it for 2 weeks in advance. On the day of shout out something similar to "All interested in monthly dev chat, /join devchat03252" and log the entire chat channel to post on forums. :-)

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2014, 01:16:37 pm »

That'd work!

Sony's been doing something like this during Landmark's alpha/beta, and its working pretty well. They squash the assclowns quickly, and conversation's been pretty decent. A lot's come of it so far.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2014, 02:36:06 pm »

They squash the assclowns quickly, and conversation's been pretty decent.

A 2 day suspension across all accounts will do that fairly well if some one wants to act stupid during such conversations. :-)

-Hate

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2014, 10:15:53 am »

Fix the ring quest and tweak it a little bit to make the difficulty appropriate. Add items to the drop list like exp tokens, ring upgrades, maybe a double loot clicky with limited clicks. Maybe even donation rewards. If you can have different versions that increase in difficulty you could increase/decrease the drop rate. Flag each toon that does the quest so they can't do it again for 24 hours or so. Each toon that goes in to do the quest, whether they start it or just tag along gets flagged so they can't repeat it till the allotted time is up. You could even have it in various zones.

Introduce legendary bosses with legendary drops. The drops would be legendary versions of the drops from the regular mobs. The legendary versions would have stats increased by 15 or 25%.

I don't get as much time anymore, will post again later.

Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2014, 11:22:21 am »

stone, couldn't we just use the fabled model for our existing tiers?

like on a repop of t6 you get a fabled ture that has his normal loot table plus a fabled t6 weapon or t6 item

this would have to be a pretty rare chance, like 2% or something. and if the top tier ppl are doing a lower tier, could just /auction or give to a new player

/shrug

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2014, 12:50:19 pm »

Oops meant fabled.

Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2014, 02:59:27 pm »

Scepter of Time quest I think needs to be revisited....badly.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Hampage

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2014, 07:23:58 pm »

The spell inks need to be purchased or start dropping from at least T1 on. The vellum will keep people from making spells they shouldn't have yet. I have a ton of missing spells on my guys and haven't had a single ink drop for me in T5 yet and anytime they are for sale they are ridiculously priced.
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2014, 07:34:01 pm »

They drop like candy for me in T5.

camosam

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2014, 07:49:51 pm »

I am new to the server and have only palyed for a week or so.  So far the server seems very well thought out and alot of content once you hit 70.  The only recommendation at this time is maybe make the "noobie package" a little cheaper for a first time buy, this could be regulated by IP.  This way a new person with a box team can get a single toon up to speed to start farming Time and Ldon's faster.  Not sure how easy this would be to setup however it had made the world of differance also adding aton of enjoyment to the game.  Also would like to see the mask of exp obtained alittle faster so that it can be worked on right away similar to the charms.

Not wanting this server to be on easy mode, just my two cents on making it alittle more fun right away for new players.
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2014, 08:08:22 pm »

Honestly a newbie quest which grants like 500k and 500aa should be made. A little quest which involves talking to NPC which tells new players about the wiki and where to start. Probably be very helpful.

Keeze
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2014, 09:52:33 pm »

The spell inks need to be purchased or start dropping from at least T1 on. The vellum will keep people from making spells they shouldn't have yet. I have a ton of missing spells on my guys and haven't had a single ink drop for me in T5 yet and anytime they are for sale they are ridiculously priced.

Yes, since ink drops are the ONLY way to get spells. :-P

-Hate

Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2014, 10:33:00 pm »

Originally the spell recipe system was designed to give higher tier players the chance to fill in the spells they just COULD NOT get through looting, because RNG hated them. It really wasnt ever meant as an alternative way to gain spells, though this is what some use it for.

Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2014, 06:20:05 am »

T1 is a pretty huge stepping block for server folks. Between the ores and the molds and the two sides to the zone plus the epics and the spells and the....

etcetera..

Its a ton to wrap the brain around. The wiki is huge (as is the vendor book no one ever remembers, much less the 1500 hp free ring that people buy but never equip because they dont check the stats).

Here's a solution that benefits both the upcomers and the returning essence farmers.

Chests. The reglar ones. Minis. Ornates.. All three have something in common : 4 (8 on double loot) augment fragments and metal ores.

The ores are part of the zone design + a cock block. They stay obv.

But the augment fragments are basically tedium. Theres 20something varieties, only the warrior 4 are useful in the long run and maybe the hp augs in the short run. But the clutter up inventory something awful. And they just add to the confusion.

On double loot people dont even loot chests because no one has inventory room for 20 stackable augment frags + 14 class ores + 4 t1 ores. Especially since plat bags arent stackable.

Just kill off the augment fragments and replace them with super rare versions of the full aug (like HOH but obv even more rare). It gives the new players breaking in one less learning curve to climb and gives returning farmers the ability to 'loot all' like god intended. Lord knows how much plat / rainbows on the bottom of 3 screen scroll chests were missed out on because racing thru popping tikis those regular chests waste valuable time (dbl loot or not, really).

The gems need to stay for crafter guild purposes. The ores make the zone unique and t2 ore adds an extra time sink to protect players who need the resists and augs  and weapons and accessories anyways.

I see making the augments mimic the HOH ones as a win-win. Its just another confusing aspect of PoStorms, but its the one that really doesnt need to be there. Smiley

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023