Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 02:02:18 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11
Print
Author Topic: What do ~YOU~ want to see in EZ?  (Read 79537 times)
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 25, 2014, 10:43:27 am »

Bard elemental song will negate T6 boss Muram's DT.

Unless Hate changed it back this option has been gone a while. It no longer will eat DT. I pull OMM with a pet, then pick him off with the warrior and beat him down. Even SM pet works for this, though IG pet works better.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 25, 2014, 02:02:30 pm »

What dt?
never been hit by a dt, never seen him cast a dt unless there were too many mobs or a boss up
vpisu

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 25, 2014, 02:48:17 pm »

exp crystals in tofs  Grin
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 25, 2014, 03:29:44 pm »

Fastest travel = targetable group buff

make it fade on zoneing to prevent abuse

Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 25, 2014, 08:59:58 pm »

Then they would have to refund all the ones that where bought on each char..b/c that would make it useless to have on ppl who have them on 12+ toons.....just saying
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 25, 2014, 09:09:55 pm »

Then they would have to refund all the ones that where bought on each char..b/c that would make it useless to have on ppl who have them on 12+ toons.....just saying

What kovou said. I have a /bca //keypress 0 and every box has fastest travel on the 0 key. Only have to hit it when I wipe though, which is pretty much only during a lag spike. Really not too bad to deal with.
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 25, 2014, 09:45:27 pm »

No they wouldn't, anyone who has one on multiple characters already has gotten the benefit from them...there would be no reason to refund it at all.  You spend your credits however you see fit, I think it's short-sighted to claim you would need a refund for yours unless it made the ones you already purchased not work in some manner.  I'd liken that sort of logic to someone who deals with new content that is later tuned down and made more streamlined/easier for the people that come behind them bitching and asking for some sort of refund since they had a harder path in that content.
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 26, 2014, 10:34:29 am »

what YOU want to see.....

plat bags stackable?

just thought I'd throw this one out there again, we've only been asking for it for like ever....

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 26, 2014, 05:09:01 pm »

Plat bag stack
T3/T4 Token increase
Beastlord line of spells that are beneficial (other than pet)

Keeze
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 27, 2014, 05:44:05 am »

what YOU want to see.....

plat bags stackable?

Amen.

As someone who lost over 20 million this week to the dreaded trade bug, stackable plat bags would also completely eliminate ... the plat vanish trade bug.

people could just trade bags in place of plat. Done and done.

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 27, 2014, 08:36:01 am »

An update to paladin Brell line.

Stackable plat bags.

Master Essences made tradeable again.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 27, 2014, 08:46:35 am »

AA vendor with some ez-reward items i.e. some of the non-(greed)-gamebreaking mechanics on it for the fun factor.

Plat bags should have been made stackable long ago /sigh to 1000

Take the H2O requirement off the rezzer ( the trolling earned a place in history with it )
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 08:53:06 am by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 27, 2014, 09:51:48 am »

I want a pony.
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 27, 2014, 11:27:06 am »

TIL ....Kruciel is a brony

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 27, 2014, 11:35:38 am »

Again, temporary, lower cost versions of some of the big ticket EZ credit items....like a month long free instance maker, or a rez clicky with charges. That type thing that gets some of the newer guys into the fight without having to spend a ton of cash. Also the temporary ubercharacter thing that lets someone have a character they can use to push their team through lower content without just simply buying a 3.0 character. Maybe a 4.0 pally or zerk or necro with UC and strike5's/mana neck.

Change the random dropped v1 charms in T7 to something useful. Are there really people in T7 who still need v1's??

Dump the mounts. Worthless for a lot of us for a number of reasons. I wont use one on my warrior for obvious reasons, and if you stick figure the rest of your team (which most do) they are unusable. They drop from specific named in both T7 and T8 100% of the time, and they are worthless (except for UC3 quest in T8). Maybe a run speed click with charges? Dont know, something different and useable.

In a perfect world? ROF client working, and allowing us to use larger bags and click items from inside a bag!! Along with dozens of other nifty features Cheesy But I gather RoF still has issues.

Now....as to keeping player pops high....I think we're losing people in 3 major places aside from normal attrition and seasonal play time changes any MMO sees. I have some ideas for this, and some of them are a bit involved or even extreme:

The first is off the bat, between 1 and 70. EZ is very different, and new players get no hint of that at all unless they stop playing and actively seek out and read different out of game references. A lot of them get confused and/or frustrated because of the slight differences they see as well as the confusing lingo and info they hear in OOC. Some of them see people offering 50K for a jade reaver or FBSS and think, "Oh, just like P99 only more so". They need to see early on some hint of whats ahead....something to hook them in. So....I honestly think 1 to 70 needs to be tweaked slightly.

Big, bold info at log in that directs new players to the wiki, or at least the EZ guide. Perhaps in the pop up.

Warning: this idea may piss you off....but think about it a bit before just shutting it down! Maybe work on the Gloomingdeep intro on EZ, so that players start there then get sent to QRG.....with an option to skip Gloomingdeep. Add a 1K cost to the newbie charm v1 on the vendor, but give it as a reward for completing the tutorial, along with the same for 1.0 epics. Get newbies used to the idea of TANSTAAFL (which is definitely the law here). Make this intro somewhat quick, and make it til 20, to get newbies past the damage cap rapidly. If at all possible modify it a little so that the content reflects what they'll see during progression. Oh, and accept player help making this stuff, if ya do it Hate! We've a lot of guys familiar with the EMU setup who'd love a chance to show people what they can do! Ok, yeah,this would be some work, but you asked! And I really think it'd be a huge help to people starting out here.

Consider moving guild quests around a bit, to give players access to FG/CG earlier on, or perhaps a "light" version that they can start right off the bat that gives them some benefits, with the upgrade to what we use now coming later, as it normally does. Maybe a "One Quest Fits All" for the early players, then they chose FG/CG as normal after 70. But get them a quest to do right at the start that actually matters. They need to have skin in the game at the onset, and 1 to 70 needs to mean something other than an invis clicky they never use and just getting to real content. Perhaps make this initial guild quest progress as you level from 1 to 70....with different benefits accruing as you complete each task or hand in, with the final a good sized fight at 70 that gives them an idea whats to come after PoTime. Oh, and level lock this quest, so that you cant just shove someone through with a 78 character.

Rework initial progress after Dulak. 50 to 60 is a real dead zone here, and it discourages a lot of new players. Maybe along with the previously mentioned quest do a task in this quest in a zone or zones that makes progressing past these levels a bit flatter, not as many big dips and spikes in rate.

The next spot we lose people at seems to be from what I've seen T5. This is the real player killer on EZ. I'm conflicted on this: on the one hand I think that a gut check like this is great, and helps toughen up players for whats to come later...but on the other I know that it can be a REAL bear for some players, and I know we lose a good chunk of people who just through their hands up, say "Screw this!" and go play "World of Tanks".

The real issue with T5, my 16 year long hatred of any underwater content in EQ aside, is the random element of getting bosses to spawn. I have literally seen 30+ of the same triggered boss pop in a row, when you need the other of the two. I've seen 50+ repops without ever seeing some of the random named from trash, EITHER of them on the shared trigger. The worst I've seen getting a T5 flag completed is 234 instance clears/repops. Now thats not that big of a deal with a free instance maker and a team that can clear the zone in 30 minutes (mass pulls and fast corals) but thats still a very large amount of time spent to get to the next tier. NO other zone takes as long to get through as T5, on the average.

Its like Raster on crack sometimes. Maybe find a way to make it a little more consistent, unless the goal was to make T5 take months for some players. Dont get me wrong, I like the system in general for T5, but the RNG aspect can be a real killer. Keep the RNG, perhaps, but give a way to do a backup...maybe collect 10 4.5 books and hand it in to trigger a select mob on the list, or something of the type. The bonus mob at the end helps with this some....but again, dealing with 100 different mobs, and RNG can be evil when combined with progression like this.

Again, dont make it easier, but make it more consistent.

After that we lose people end game, because they've seen it, done it, got tired of it and wont play again til new content arrives....but this is simply unavoidable in MMOs the way they are built atm.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 11:45:21 am by mpano66 » Logged

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 299
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)