Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 08, 2024, 08:44:46 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: New ideas  (Read 28799 times)
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2014, 06:09:45 pm »

Coral should not be able to move anyway... its a coral... if it can move, its so fn slow it has to be seen on timelapse.

This made me spray Coca-Cola out of my nose!!!!!!!!  HAHAHAHA

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
kojak488

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2014, 07:01:10 am »

Personally, I play my mage solo sometimes.  It's much easier to back-flag and back-farm things on him than running the warrior around... at times anyway.  I'd really like it if there were a way or item to add to pets that gave them a small AOE for aggro purposes.  Pet can't handle three mobs at once if I have to heal at all because I'll get aggro on the one(s) pet isn't killing.
zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2014, 12:43:48 pm »

I agree a bit here but how will we use a pet in a raid if its pulling aoe agro? I guess some lessor form of cyclone blade on the upgrade pet weapon proc would not be bad.
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2014, 01:04:49 pm »

I agree a bit here but how will we use a pet in a raid if its pulling aoe agro? I guess some lessor form of cyclone blade on the upgrade pet weapon proc would not be bad.

Good thought on the cyclone blade, enough to pick up empty aggro, not enough to cause issues in higher tiers.

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2014, 03:37:07 pm »

What if you were totally revamp T4 into a new zone. Totally eliminate the coin system for T4? Pick a zone big enough like Ocean Green village or something. Make the bosses spawn on death, randomly. I know it's a lot of work but would solve the outcry for the drop rates etc.

Keeze
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2014, 04:57:20 pm »

Is it broke honestly?

or

Just a mechanic that doesn't satisfy a few.

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2014, 05:13:31 pm »

I would say a little of both. You can't increase coin drops too much or that section of gear (t3) becomes a joke, which might as well be eliminated at that point. It could stay the way it is, but you would never hear the end of the QQ train.  Truth be told, its the only zone that has 2 tiers rolled into one all depending on farming the previous tier. Just like CT was introduced and the other eliminated, so should the T4 portion of PoA.

Keeze
kojak488

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2014, 07:10:42 am »

Easy, make it something that you can choose to give the pet (IE an item or spell that adds the AOE effect).  Alternatively yes, a small AOE (which is what I said in that post Tongue ).
zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2014, 08:16:59 am »

Easy, make it something that you can choose to give the pet (IE an item or spell that adds the AOE effect).  Alternatively yes, a small AOE (which is what I said in that post Tongue ).

Hrmm, sorry... I have to take all credit for idea.. please go back and modify your original post... Microsoft out.
Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2014, 09:08:38 pm »

My characters have just reached T5 and so I thought it would be a good time to post some more ideas since my last post was made when I was in the Qvic phase of progression.

Suggestions brief:
Add flawed gems (quest item) to Ancient Sand Monster
Rework Eye of the Beholder and Ancient Dragon triggers
Reimplement Tacvi as an expedition to function as a bonus zone for CT
Remove Waypoint item (not free waypoint)
Adjust Plane of Dragons Special item Staff of the Seven so it is better than podragons vendor purchased weapons.
Increase chance for tokens to drop in Halls of Honor
Make the T4 boss Warlord drop 2 breastplate slots instead of one.
Add bracer quest.
Make 1 EZ credit cost 10 berries
Create short time challenge expeditions.

Suggestions detailed:

Add flawed gems (quest item) to Ancient Sand Monster

It would be nice to provide players an incentive for killing the Ancient Sand Monster after they acquire the 3.0 book for their epic since the books are picked up rather quickly. The gems they need for armor can sometimes be rather rare, so this would also address that issue.

A lot of players progress through Qvic and Plane of Dragons without ever seeing these bosses. If their spawn triggers were adjusted in a way to make them a little more common, the players would finally be able to experience these encounters.

The problem with tacvi was that it allowed players to move through the content much faster than was intended since players could make instances of tacvi and repp a zone filled with only bosses. If tacvi was reimplemented as an expedition with a 24hour cool down, it would function more like a daily like the T2-T4 expedition and allow players in that tier and others farming essences to experience a "bonus" zone once per day.

If this item were removed and instances were set to cost what they currently cost with the waypoint item, new players would avoid having to farm the SLS to sell to players so they could afford the waypoint item to make their lives easier while farming cg and fg items.

Adjust Plane of Dragons Special item Staff of the Seven so it is better than podragons vendor purchased weapons.

Increase chance for tokens to drop in Halls of Honor

If I recall the drop chance for tokens to drop in Halls of Honor was increased a few months ago, but the number of clears required to accumulate the tokens to progress through T3 and T4 is somewhat ridiculous. Alternatively, a one time quest could be added that would require to kill x amount of mobs and reward tokens.

Make the T4 boss Warlord drop 2 breastplate slots instead of one.

The amount of time required to farm the tokens, then combine them and kill a boss that rewards only breastplate is excessively daunting to players gearing up.

Add bracer quest.

Whats great is only one bracer from the tiered sets is required for progression so the player is able to have any type of bracer for their second wrist slot. Generally, the best item to get is the highest tier bracer available to them, but what if a quest were added similar to ring of ages, earring of the ages etc. that allowed players to improve their item while they progressed through the tiers. Since the ring, earring, and mask already require aa, what if there was a quest npc in every tiered zone that required the previous tier bracers + new items from the zone for an upgraded version.

Make 1 EZ credit cost 10 berries and vice versa.

A conversion between berries and EZ credits would be really nice and would allow players to acquire EZ credit items over a long period of time without donating.

What if there were a series of expeditions that were only active for a short period of time and required players to kill x amount of mobs or bosses before time expired for a reward. The encounters in the Expeditions of Dranik are GREAT and similar encounters could be added so players not only have to deal with pulling a large amount of mobs on a timer, but they also have avoid objects like the lightning balls from the lightning event while being hit by knock back spells from some of the bosses they pulled in their train.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2014, 10:39:13 pm »

LoL Nope. They are similar to how the T9 spawns used to work. They have no progression value. Suffer. ;-)

This I like a lot and will likely start soonish.

Hmm, I'll look in to it.

Already planning on it. Just trying to find time right now :-(

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Phah

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2014, 11:37:43 pm »

...It already is. I don't recall the stats offhand, and it's not a LOT better, but it is better.

Mine is the drill that will pierce the heavens! Or at least the next tier.

Filthy casual? Yep, that's me!
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2014, 06:32:47 am »

T9:

Any chance we could either A) up the spider spawn in T9 or B) increase the chance to drop Strong Silk?  ^.^
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2014, 12:35:26 pm »

If this item were removed and instances were set to cost what they currently cost with the waypoint item, new players would avoid having to farm the SLS to sell to players so they could afford the waypoint item to make their lives easier while farming cg and fg items.

This statement is ridiculous.  Let's remove something that others have chosen to pay for, so that people wont have to farm SLS's?  Come on!  If you have issues farming SLS you might as well quit the server because SLS and essences are what this server is basically built on.  Roll Eyes

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2014, 12:57:13 pm »

It's not farming SLS though it's farming the money because that's the fastest way to acquire it at that point in progression. It's an unnecessary hurdle.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 88
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)