Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 05:17:49 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12
Print
Author Topic: T10 Thoughts/Musings  (Read 76498 times)
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 07, 2015, 09:30:32 am »

My apologies for the formatting issue in the previous post, quoting and posting from the phone is painful.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 07, 2015, 09:34:13 am »

I'll be honest here....when I got T8 flagged was late in the game. It was already nerfed. I got to T9 way after it was fixed. I was UW7 when I got to T8, UW9 in T9. Max strike augs on my team by T8....no box without UC, and only 2 without a UC2. And it was surprising to me how easily I conquered the content. More of a shock how easy T9 was.

Depressingly so. There was no excitement. No "butt clench" moments I'd had in earlier tiers. And whether some of you realize it or not, we need those. Without them the game becomes stale, boring.....WoW. Or Prophecy of Ro era EQ.

BEGGING management to look at this through Hunter's eyes. Yeah, some of what he did made me scratch my head and say "WTF was he thinking??" and fixing some of the bizarre things he did with development has given Akk and Hate hair pulling fits at times....but the man KNEW the value of having your ass handed to you, even if you're used to steamrolling top end content. Hell, ESPECIALLY if you've been doing so. Paradise here for me would be the team we have now managing coding, hardware and content combined with Hunter's sadistic streak.

We need to bring back a bit of sadism.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 07, 2015, 09:36:29 am »

And with this in mind.....man, I cant believe I am saying this, and I know I am gonna get attacked for it....but we really need to revisit Drake, or at least find ways to have mobs get around it in cutting edge content. Its still too powerful.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 09:38:34 am by mpano66 » Logged

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 07, 2015, 10:05:02 am »

Ok, ok.....got mauled when I logged in, so I will try and explain a bit.

Drake is arguably the most powerful spell in the game. No, not arguably it is HANDS DOWN the most game changing spell on EZ. While its up you are damned near invincible. Yes, there's a recast....kind of. Yes, its short duration. But that still means while its up you're very, very hard to kill.....even if your gear is substandard.

Example: when I first got to T9 I started like most do....killing bugs and cats and wisps just outside the cave, one or two at a time. That lasted 5 or 6 kills. Then I was pulling 4 or 5 at a time. Within an hour or 2 I was pulling a dozen at a time, then 20 at a time....all without getting my first armor upgrade (just 1 epic 9.0 added, on my warrior). Erase drake....no way I could have done that. In fact the few times I did die was because drake didnt land in time once it fell. Did boxes die? You betcha! But seldom to the point that I wiped, as long as the box dead wasnt my pally and my druid.

Yeah, people definitely kill in end zones without drake, and some pull multiples without drake. But if you who DO use it look at it honestly, you'll know that its a keystone for mass pulls when you enter a new tier....and its a valuable tool even after you're geared for the tier.

Maybe I worded this wrong in my first post. I think what I should say is that in T10, if nowhere else then on boss fights or just on key encounters, things should be set up in such a way that drake is taken out of the equation. No, dont remove it from the game....and obviously people would fly to my home town, find me and lynch me if management were to nerf it completely....but I seriously think that it needs to be not so invincible....in places.

That help?

Fuzzypoodle

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 07, 2015, 10:05:55 am »

OMG ... no you didn't!!!!!  Grin
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 07, 2015, 10:11:01 am »

Wtf Chunka  Cheesy

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 07, 2015, 10:16:11 am »

striping all buffs from the main tank would handle this nicely during boss fights don't you think?

Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 07, 2015, 10:20:38 am »

Only if it also prevented drake from being recast for X time.

Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 07, 2015, 10:28:43 am »

I think there are plenty of ways to make T10 a challenge without messing with Drake, and many are already included in this thread.  Besides, no one wants Chunka lynched.
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 07, 2015, 10:30:57 am »

Yeah, but I have to stand by it, Kwai....drake makes some content way too easy.

Bigoh

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 07, 2015, 10:35:53 am »

When I came back I was told to make a druid, why? We all know why... Drake. Servers been easy mode cause of that. People say almost invincible? I've never died while drake was on and I've pulled some pretty big trains. Haven't seem T9 yet but if its like all the other tiers it'll be easy mode thanks to my druid.

What I'd really like to see in T10 besides not being able to steamroll with drake is a max number of toons aloud. I've never had a problem doing anything with 6. Anything at all. If I played 12/18/34 toons content would be so easy and boring I'd just quit. I mean one warrior dies, its got another. A group wipes, its OK got a few more. If you want hard take out drake and make people work on a core group instead of having 24 toons and saying whatever I got more if a few die. And before the flames shoot out, just save your time, you got 24 toons to T10 and I'm jealous... Ya that's it. This server is way to anti social anymore. The only reason for guilds is chat. Maybe try to move back into needing guildies for the game, not another form of social media.
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 07, 2015, 10:45:46 am »

A lot of people in the guild I am in help each other out constantly, and more than just "Who wants a rotting 9.0 book?" You'll often see 2 or more Focus Hope members working a zone together, either en mass or killing in different areas and sharing drops. The guild I was leader of, Ctrl Alt Elites, was the same. I know for a fact other guilds here do so as well.

That being said....yeah, you arent forced by necessity to socialize here....and I sincerely doubt you'll ever see that happen. Its one of the strengths of the server (and yes, one of its weaknesses as well). Regardless, we'll never see a server pop high enough to make such mass social grouping/raiding viable.

Bigoh

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 07, 2015, 10:55:11 am »

A lot of people in the guild I am in help each other out constantly, and more than just "Who wants a rotting 9.0 book?" You'll often see 2 or more Focus Hope members working a zone together, either en mass or killing in different areas and sharing drops. The guild I was leader of, Ctrl Alt Elites, was the same. I know for a fact other guilds here do so as well.

That being said....yeah, you arent forced by necessity to socialize here....and I sincerely doubt you'll ever see that happen. Its one of the strengths of the server (and yes, one of its weaknesses as well). Regardless, we'll never see a server pop high enough to make such mass social grouping/raiding viable.

You didn't forget I know all about focus hope right? I mean I created it years ago.... I spent 3 months in it when I came back. If by clearing you mean sky and wood together cause woodees sky's bitch (love ya wood) then ya its a guild of who needs a rotting (insert item here). And as far as saying we don't have the population, the last server I played on had a population of maybe 35 RL people and we raided and had guild wars over spawns. I'm pretty sure we have more of a population then 35. What you mean is we don't have a population of people who aren't anti social, which is true.

All I'm saying is it'd be nice to be forced to clear a zone with other people. With free way points and repopping instances there would always be time which is peoples main complaint I've seen. Someone always has a comment about how they play here when they want to. Well if you wanta play a game yourself I hear ps4s are cheap right?
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 07, 2015, 11:29:10 am »

Dim I never said you want mobs scaled down. I'm saying they were based on the UW HP revamp.

Keeze
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 07, 2015, 11:38:01 am »

That would be fine except the UW's that were in existence had 3-4 Million HP's on them. Since the adjustment in HP's the mobs had to be scaled down which it seems you are asking for.

This is the part I was referencing and it still confuses me.  And while the mobs needed to be scaled down, their damage was completely gutted down to 10-20% of what it was originally.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 83
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)