Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 03, 2024, 09:19:15 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Source Update 6/23/2015  (Read 57070 times)
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« on: June 23, 2015, 10:00:00 pm »

Greetings everyone!

It's been a while since we've done a code update so I've issued a needed update.

As usual, if you notice anything out of the ordinary, please report any issues on the forums here; this thread will do just fine as well.

There's been so many odds and ends added and adjusted over the past several months I couldn't cover them all and they aren't necessarily in the changelog, but we needed quite a few updates for T10 that is on its way as well as many others.

I've posted the changelog below in this thread in a separate post as it is quite long.

7/1/2015 Source Updates
  • Fixed run-speed issues, thanks to Haynar
  • Added a "Health Marquee" display for players to get accurate server health percentage, this is server wide right now and I may add the ability to toggle it in the future, for now its enabled on everyone. Example of this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUVdbPxLIn0
  • Fixed a zone crash (Thanks Watchyoudie) that was reported, it had to do with Instance code and Guild messages that were being sent out overflowing the message buffer. So in the case where the character name was long, or the zone name was long and you created a Guild instance, this issue would occur.
  • Any outstanding issues, please continue to report in this thread

4th Weekend

Enjoy!
Akkadius
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 01:54:36 pm by Akkadius » Logged

EZ Server GM
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 10:00:15 pm »

Changelog:

== 06/12/2015 ==
Uleat: Adjusted SessionStats to better reflect a sister implementation

== 06/07/2015 ==
Uleat: Implemented optional rule for using disenchanted bags. Action triggers at the same point that temporary items are removed.
Optional SQL: utils/sql/git/optional/2015_06_07_TransformSummonedBagsRule.sql
mackal: changes to AA packets since more fields have been identified
mackal: fix exploit with expendable AAs punching holes in the aa_array and staying around longer than they are welcomed

== 05/25/2015 ==
Akkadius: Implemented disjointed zone based time, this can be triggered via quest methods
Akkadius: Added parameter to LUA and Perl method settime(hour, minute, [update_world = true])
   - If update_world is false, the zone will then unsubscribe itself from regular worldserver time synchronizations
   - Basically this localizes the zones time and keeps it from syncing with world updates
Akkadius: Added DB ver 9082 with update to add npc_types texture columns if table does not currently have them

== 05/22/2015 ==
Uleat: Added null-term declaration for character names in ENCODE(OP_CharInfo) - where appropriate

== 05/20/2015 ==
demonstar55: Bard instrument mods should be more consistent with live. Zoning will keep instrument mod for long duration buffs (selo's)
   Still need to have procs/doom effects to inherit the instrument mods from their source buff/whatever

== 05/18/2015 ==
KLS: Changed how fishing locates water to hopefully be a bit more accurate at the expense of a bit more cpu power per line cast.

== 05/15/2015 ==
Uleat: Added check to EntityList::CheckSpawnQueue() to bypass dereference if returned iterator is npc_list.end() - should fix the debug assertion failure crash

== 04/30/2015 ==
demonstar55: Implement mob and client melee push
       You can set Combat:MeleePush to false to turn off or change Combat:MeleePushChance to increase the chance an NPC can be pushed
       PCs are always pushed, need to do more testing to verify.

== 04/22/2015 ==
Uleat: Probable fix for 'Debug Assertion Failure' in Client::GarbleMessage() when calling the 'isalpha' macro.
ref: https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/932876/calling-isdigit-with-a-signed-char-1-results-in-a-assert-failure-in-debug-compiles

== 03/29/2015 ==
Secrets: Identified the Target Ring fields for RoF/RoF2.
Secrets: Added a perl accessor for the last target ring position received from the client. Usage: $client->GetTargetRingX(), $client->GetTargetRingY(), $client->GetTargetRingZ()

== 03/12/2015 ==
Akkadius: [eqemu_update.pl V7] Add Option 9) LUA Modules - Download latest LUA Modules (Required for Lua)

== 03/11/2015 ==
Akkadius: [eqemu_update.pl] Add Option 7) Plugins - Download latest Perl plugins
Akkadius: [eqemu_update.pl] Add Option Cool Quests - Download latest PEQ quests and stage updates
Akkadius: [eqemu_update.pl] Set version 5 of script

== 03/10/2015 ==
Akkadius: [eqemu_update.pl] Add Option 6) Download Latest map and water files

== 03/04/2015 ==
Akkadius: Fix Spell Book Deletion

== 03/03/2015 ==
Uleat: Fix for 'Invalid Slot ID' messages. Bag slot count is now enforced during database saves to eliminate existing 'hidden' duplicated items..sorry MQ2 users...
Uleat: Fix for Item loss during corpse looting and possible item loss when purchasing items from LDoN or Adventure merchants. (cursor-related)

== 02/27/2015 ==
Uleat: Final 'tweak' for light sources until a valid issue arises. Wearable equipment now matches client behavior. Stackable light sources are bugged in the client..but, the current timer update implementation alleviates this condition.

== 02/26/2015 ==
Uleat: Updated light source criteria to (hopefully) match what the client uses (still needs tweaking)
Uleat: Changed 'general' light source checks to accept the last valid light source (client behavior)
Notes:
   - "Fire Beetle Eyes" are still causing issues in general slots (no item movement sound effect)
   - Wearable equipment types still register as valid light sources when in general slots (needs exemption criteria)

== 02/23/2015 ==
Noudess: Allow for a rule to set starting swimming && SenseHeading value.
I moved the swimming override to char create instead of setting it
every time a char enters a zone.

Also added rules to not ignore, but rather forrce sense heading packets to be
used to train it instead of maxing it out like before.

Uleat: Fix for RoF+ clients showing active 'Return Home' button when action is not available (swapped 'GoHome' and 'Enabled' fields in RoF-era CharacterSelectEntry structs)

== 02/21/2015 ==
Noudess: Starting erudites that were supposed to start in paineel were landing in erudin on Titanium. Fixed to be paineel.

== 02/20/2015 ==
demonstar55: Implement claims for RoF/RoF2 (should no longer crash the client!)
   - fixed bugs related to claims for the rest of the clients (woo infinite loops)

== 02/18/2015 ==
Trevius: Fix for potential recursive loops if using RemoveFromHateList() within EVENT_HATE_LIST.

== 02/17/2015 ==
Uleat: Implemented per-client character creation limiting. Caps are unknown atm..so, don't get over-zealous!
Notes:
   - Titanium is hard-coded to min/max of 8 in both the server and client translator code (client doesn't support variations in available character count)
   - SoF thru RoF2 have had their max characters raised to 12 from 10
   - Changing the number of characters per account is accomplished by:
      1) Setting consts::CHARACTER_CREATION_LIMIT to the desired count in the client's constants file in ../common/patches/
      2) Ensuring that eq_dictionary's EmuConstants::CHARACTER_CREATION_LIMIT is equal-greater than the client's new value..referencing is good
      3) Recompiling the server code
   - A rules-based qualifier may be added at some point

== 02/16/2015 ==
Trevius: (RoF2) Bazaar Trading (Buying/Selling) is now fully functional.  Bazaar (/bazaar) search is not yet functional.
demonstar55: (RoF2) Send the bard focus effects, note custom servers will need to fix their items, server side we still use the old system, but RoF2 wasn't showing anything with not sending focus, so send them

== 02/14/2015 ==
Trevius: (RoF2) Bazaar is now partially functional.  RoF2 clients can start/end trader mode and other clients can purchase from them.  No other functionality yet.
Uleat: Implemented higher bandolier and potion belt counts for clients that support it..you will still need to activate them through the proper aa's, etc...

== 02/12/2015 ==
Akkadius: Implement zone based gravity, required SQL DB change
   - To test `zone` table `gravity` values, change the value and use #zheader <zoneshortname> to test

== 02/11/2015 ==
Trevius: (RoF+) Bandolier no longer displays a Treasure Chest Icon when no Bandoliers are set.

== 02/09/2015 ==
Trevius: (RoF+) Setting Alt flag on characters in the Guild Management Window is now saved and functional for filtering.
Trevius: (RoF+) Guild Invites between RoF+ and previous Clients is now functional.

== 02/08/2015 ==
Kayen: Implemented npc specialability (44) COUNTER_AVOID_DAMAGE which when applied to the ATTACKING NPC will make their attacks more difficult to be avoided by riposte/dodge/parry/block.
Parama0: Negative modifer value that affects ALL avoid damage types dodge/parry/riposte/block) chance on defender. Ie (44,50 = 50 pct reduction to ALL)
Parama1: Negative modifer value that affects RIPOSTE chance on defender. Ie (44,1,0,50 = 50 pct reduction to riposte chance)
Parama2: Negative modifer value that affects PARRY chance on defender.  Ie (44,1,0,0,50 = 50 pct reduction to parry chance)
Parama3: Negative modifer value that affects BLOCK chance on defender.  Ie (44,1,0,0,0,50 = 50 pct reduction to block chance)
Parama4: Negative modifer value that affects DODGE chance on defender.  e (44,1,0,0,0,0,50 = 50 pct reduction to dodge chance)
Example of usage: Player has Improved Dodge V (+50 pct dodge chance), you want to negate this bonus you would set 44,1,0,0,0,0,50 on your NPC.

== 02/07/2015 ==
Akkadius: Reduced #repop time dramatically by taking down hundreds of individual SELECT/DELETE/INSERT queries in routines and bringing it down to very few
   See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kSFbyTBuAk

== 02/06/2015 ==
Uleat: Updated returns for Inventory and ItemInst const iterators. (const == const)
Uleat: Replaced 'iter_inst' and 'iter_contents' typedefs with their stl definitions
Uleat: Removed 'limbo' from the 'HasItem' series of checks - including lore checks. The client excludes this range and it causes issues when performing item searches - dupe lore checks were added to account for this.
Uleat: Updated command #iteminfo to show light source information and a few other things

== 02/05/2015 ==
Trevius: Fixed Environmental Damage for RoF2.

== 02/03/2015 ==
Trevius: Crashfix for TempName() when numbers are passed at the end of the name.
Uleat: Tweaking of item type exclusions to alleviate strobing conditions with light sources

EZ Server GM
Waraesh

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 11:01:27 pm »

Warrior 9.0 Aug buff is now landing in the buffs section and is overwriting IG pet.

Clarification:  Warrior Aug originally lands in song window, along with shield proc.  IG pet buff will not land while 9.0 is up.  When IG pet buff is first, it lands in buff window; if the 9.0 is clicked after IG is put on, the 9.0 buff replaces the IG buff in buffs slot.  Not sure if I should be recording this here or elsewhere.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 09:02:19 am by Waraesh » Logged

warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 12:20:26 am »

^

All sorts of people reporting odd stuff in ooc.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 03:23:03 am by warrior5 » Logged

Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2015, 09:05:23 am »

^

All sorts of people reporting odd stuff in ooc.

Not going to be able to troubleshoot or do anything off of "odd stuff"

EZ Server GM
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2015, 09:22:55 am »

EXP buffs lasting less than 5 minutes (reward clicky excluded).

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2015, 10:11:16 am »

EXP buffs lasting less than 5 minutes (reward clicky excluded).

This might be related to the click level on the actual item itself. Unless someone changed the buff duration formulas :p ... which is also possible :p

Just checked and BuffDurationFormula 4 was changed and it works completely different now.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 11:19:52 am by Natedog » Logged

Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2015, 10:27:55 am »

Also getting hit more than I normally do....evasion/avoidance issues?

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2015, 10:46:16 am »

Mob push, buff stacking, and buff timers are the issues I have seen so far.

Flin is alone with the grimoire. I stab it, no wait I backstab it! You can't backstab it, you can't sneak attack an inanimate object. Why not it's prone? It doesn't have a discernible anatomy. It's got a spine doesn't it? *Rolls a 1 and stabs himself.
Leis  ~  Daira  ~  Arith  ~  Laria
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2015, 10:53:05 am »

Mob push on EZ is nuts. Shoved around more than I ever did live. Pushed off the ledge in T8 into the lava pit while pulling. Unfun.

Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2015, 10:59:36 am »

I'll disable push when I get a chance next. Please keep the other reported issues coming

EZ Server GM
avadar

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2015, 11:18:09 am »

Thanks Akka - Mob push made EZ unplayable.

buffs stacking with Insane Goblin halloween buff is an issue and XP buff timer is off along with Incinerating Aura 3.

Also it seems like mobs hit me MUCH more often on my warrior for some reason, Not sure why that would be the case.

Thanks,
Harthek
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2015, 11:31:34 am »

Push disabled

EZ Server GM
Premador

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2015, 11:51:14 am »

Warrior epic 9.0 buff would go into regular buffs and overwrite IG buff. I tried removing 9.0 and re-clicking and it did go back under spell buffs, then was able to pull up IG and get IG buff.
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2015, 12:27:24 pm »

Tried that, doesnt work for me. No matter the order I cant get IG and epic buff at the same time.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 219