Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 01:40:28 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 49
Print
Author Topic: Screenshots of People Who Need to be Banned - POST HERE  (Read 362921 times)
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #570 on: May 01, 2012, 03:26:33 pm »

In law enforcement we have an issue called - reasonable standard.  I.E. what would the average person do/react/think in a similar situation.....really its all common sense...but naybe common sense just isnt too common /shrug

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Gilthanas

EZ > EQ Live

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: May 01, 2012, 03:56:09 pm »

Is 'Alecoholic' an offensive name?
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: May 01, 2012, 04:44:10 pm »

Is 'Alecoholic' an offensive name?

I have never heard of the name and it sounds like a made up word. If I saw it in game I would think nothing of it.

vhaeraun

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: May 01, 2012, 06:59:04 pm »

Looks like the toon formerly known as Fuzynutz, Is dead, gone, and deleted. No clue who the guy is... Feel bad for the guy tho. By my "post count" you can tell I rarely speak up. But that toon getting deleted is bullshit. It is what it is tho. Never reading this thread again, what a way to ruin a guys' day. Come home to relax n play some good ol eq, and find out your 4.5 uc'd roa whatever number it was, was deleted cuz someone doesn't like your name after at least a good 6 months of playing...wow.

Mutus
Leucian
Ishiva
Xenh
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #574 on: May 01, 2012, 07:09:36 pm »

It isn't that *someone* got offended by a name, it is that the name violates the rules. Plain and simple. It does not have a damn thing to do with what I like or don't like, it has everything to do with the rules. Btw, I am damn near positive that person got a name change, probably because of how far along they are. Simple search and I found another sk with a lvl 68 ring on that fits with the name scheme.

Strix

View Profile
« Reply #575 on: May 03, 2012, 03:54:05 pm »

It isn't that *someone* got offended by a name, it is that the name violates the rules. Plain and simple.

Hey Xiggie

You kind of avoided the point Smiley

In themselves, "Fuzy" and "Nutz" are not offensive and don't violate any rules.  Together, it seems almost like every American see's a reference that the rest of the world needs a moment to think about.

There is nothing plain and simple about this one.

Your reference to the use of the word "pussy" wasn't the best analogy to make in reference to this case.  The term "Pussy" is in the universal common vernacular as a reference to female genatalia. 

No one would/could miss that (thanks the saturation of US media worldwide).

I think I have a better analogy for you to consider:  "QuoitLover".  I've used this term (in my youth) in America and had to spend time explaining it.  American's universally fail to see the offensive nature of the word (simply because it's not common vernacular for you).  Firstly, the common understand (in the US) of the word "Quoit" is:
quoits, ( used with a singular verb ) a game in which rings of rope or flattened metal are thrown at an upright peg, the object being to encircle it or come as close to it as possible.
a ring used in the game of quoits.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/quoits?s=ts

In Australia (and England), we have two spellings for the word (but in all applications they mean the same thing):  Quoit and Coit.  Both words can be used to describe the game.  Both words can also be used in this context:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=coit

The spelling of "Coit" is usually found on toilet doors (spelled by people with poor literacy skills).

You get the idea. 

So now we name a toon "Quoitlover" in a US based game and none of the American player base doesn't think anything of the name until an Aussie or Brit raises the issue in a public slinging match. 

Hyperthetically, people start arguing that the term is not offensive because the universal (US centric) understanding of the word is not offensive (and that it refers to the love of a game and not something else).  39 pages of ugly debate later and all we've really achieved is disharmony and ill feeling on the forums (and in game).

This thread is an ugly, dark side of the server (and the game) that exposes problems with the server that should best be dealt with in private to Hunter.  If there is an issue then it should be sent in an email and not posted in the spirit of publicly slandering other players.

My thoughts anyway.
Strix

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #576 on: May 03, 2012, 06:08:27 pm »

Nuts are nuts in England, they are nuts in US and they are even nuts in Australia. In both, (and other english speaking countries) there are three common interpretations of the word nuts. One being the food, as in peanuts or walnuts. Another being going crazy. The other being those two little round appendages hanging out between most every males legs. Fuzynutz together gives no alternate meanings beyond further describing something about the nuts. I am going to go out on a limb here and but I dare Fuzynutz is not referring to hair growing off of some walnuts.

Pussy is a very good analogy. Pussy refers to male genitalia yet has another meaning, nuts refer to male genitalia yet has another meaning. I have never heard of QuoitLover. In your post you suggest that most Americans have not either. Now that is a bad analogy as it is cultural. Fuzynutz? You can go to any english speaking country and start asking people if they have any fuzynutz and they are going to know you are being vulgar.

It is common sense that Fuzynutz breaks the rules.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 06:44:31 pm by Xiggie » Logged

Strix

View Profile
« Reply #577 on: May 03, 2012, 08:11:10 pm »

You can go to any english speaking country and start asking people if they have any fuzynutz and they are going to know you are being vulgar.

It is common sense that Fuzynutz breaks the rules.

Not true - ask that question here and people will point you to a Military base.

To be clear about the point you keep dodging - you shouldn't be posting images of characters with "offensive" names with the intention of publically ridiculing the owner.  There is no debate about the need to report "offensive" names (cultural or universal) to the one person who matters on the server.  That there is an "offensive" reading of the name 'Fuzynutz" is not in question.  The act of putting those images up to begin with is disrespectful, demeaning, belittling and outright cyber bullying.

We need a better process than this thread.
Strix

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #578 on: May 03, 2012, 08:34:58 pm »

.. Since when do "Using kids gloves" fix things(on EZ)? When we are dealing with clowns that just push and push and push the limits of every rule.

As for ridiculing and this cyber bullying that is untrue the pics get posted, normal players are made aware of players who have made very poor choices and it's done some get the stick some don't.

You always are very level headed to me in every interaction I have engaged with you in. I just feel you are just upset cause this was a guild-mate, I would be too. Xiggie had access to a character decently built(at the time) with jacked up name that he refused to play due to the naming and consent and attitude for the rules here.

I'm not getting in on this fuzynutz convo

Other then that GAME ON!! gotta farm more spells

« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 08:50:01 pm by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #579 on: May 03, 2012, 09:28:41 pm »

Cyberbullying someone because I exposed someone for choosing a name the clearly violates the rules? Dude you are reaching. That is about like getting into a fight and then suing because someone's face broke your fist. Names created to violate the naming policy are inherently controversial and anything controversial attracts attention. If you don't want to be stared at, don't dye your hair pink. This thread is exactly what is needed to discourage people from breaking the rules. That could be why it is the second most popular thread on the server.

I think you said that you live in Australia? I could be wrong about the location but that's inconsequential. Are you really honestly saying that where you live when people say fuzynutz they think of a military base? Are you honestly saying that saying fuzynutz does not suggest hairy balls where you live? Are you sure you want to get behind that statement?

Cyberbullying? Are you friggen serious man? Did someone hack your account?

trydaneq

View Profile
« Reply #580 on: May 03, 2012, 09:58:19 pm »

Cyberbullying someone because I exposed someone for choosing a name the clearly violates the rules? Dude you are reaching. That is about like getting into a fight and then suing because someone's face broke your fist. Names created to violate the naming policy are inherently controversial and anything controversial attracts attention. If you don't want to be stared at, don't dye your hair pink. This thread is exactly what is needed to discourage people from breaking the rules. That could be why it is the second most popular thread on the server.

I think you said that you live in Australia? I could be wrong about the location but that's inconsequential. Are you really honestly saying that where you live when people say fuzynutz they think of a military base? Are you honestly saying that saying fuzynutz does not suggest hairy balls where you live? Are you sure you want to get behind that statement?

Cyberbullying? Are you friggen serious man? Did someone hack your account?

Xiggie...for once in your life just shut up and drop it.  Yes, in Australia 'Fuzynutz' isn't what it is here.  In England a 'fag' is a cigarette.  In Italy and eggplant is...something that's a racial slur towards blacks that I'm not going to put here.  Even in America different places have different names for things...Sub, hoagie, sandwich, poboy, hero, grinder, etc.  Soda in one place is something totally different than soda is another place (you're likely going to end up with either club soda or a root beer float instead of a glass of cola).  With as much time as you spend in front of your computer I'd figure you would learn something about different places but I guess not.

I'm just getting sick of typing it...Xiggie- SHUT UP!!!
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #581 on: May 03, 2012, 10:07:10 pm »

Nuts are nuts no matter where you are at, trying to say otherwise is just forcing it. But thank you faildan. Your speaking up shows people even more how ridiculous it sounds to say that nuts aren't nuts in Australia. Whatever happen to those posts about you screaming out praise for the IRA and wanting to blow up people in England?

trydaneq

View Profile
« Reply #582 on: May 03, 2012, 10:09:51 pm »

Nuts are nuts no matter where you are at, trying to say otherwise is just forcing it. But thank you faildan. Your speaking up shows people even more how ridiculous it sounds to say that nuts aren't nuts in Australia. Whatever happen to those posts about you screaming out praise for the IRA and wanting to blow up people in England?

You sure do love to watch yourself type, don't you?  Do you have some special program that flashes tits on your screen whenever you talk out of your ass?  Seriously...grow up and learn to let shit go, you'll be much happier.

I'm just getting sick of typing it...Xiggie- SHUT UP!!!
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #583 on: May 03, 2012, 10:11:26 pm »

This whole argument is pointless.  If Hunter doesn't like a name the banhammer comes down, doesn't matter what it means in East Angola.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #584 on: May 03, 2012, 10:22:55 pm »

Sorry dude, that shit about the IRA and blowing up people in England for living in England is pretty unforgettable. It also permanently ruins your credibility. Should have done a name change.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 49
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 268