Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 02:24:36 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 ... 49
Print
Author Topic: Screenshots of People Who Need to be Banned - POST HERE  (Read 362980 times)
Dethundrel

View Profile
« Reply #585 on: May 03, 2012, 11:47:26 pm »

A small word to the wise: The majority of the players on this server are American.  Everyone in the world is welcome here, it just happens to be that America makes up the biggest portion of the community.

That being said, if you know the majority is American, perhaps you should take into consideration how they might interpret a particular saying or phrase.

I'm not saying you must bow down, but be smart and put a little thought into what you are naming yourself.  So what if some guys who are named Richard go by the name Dick, name your toon anything with "Dick" in it, and it's gonna get reported.  It's not a hard equasion to figure out.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #586 on: May 04, 2012, 12:00:47 am »

I wanna report this guy...

for being delicious!

http://spotteddick.net/
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #587 on: May 04, 2012, 12:08:40 am »

Cyberbullying someone because I exposed someone for choosing a name the clearly violates the rules?

Yes.  You or anyone else posting in a public place with the intention to expose, shame, ridicule and/or belittle is bullying. The result of posting, as 39 pages attests, is that people get upset, hurt, inflamed and offended.  To make it worse, It's unclear, in many instances, even if Hunter is reading this thread and/or cares.  

Saying that Hunter hasn’t got the time to deal with “offensive” names to justify a bullying solution to the situation does not put you on the moral high ground.  

I get they did the wrong thing to begin with (thus your motivation to post) and that we need a solution.

This isn’t it.

If Hunter doesn't like a name the banhammer comes down, doesn't matter what it means in East Angola.
100% true.  In the end, Hunter just needs a list of names to adjudicate over.  This could be handled in emails – or a complaints BOT located in a central area.  

In the end – it’s the public spectacle of all this that doesn’t sit right with me I guess.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #588 on: May 04, 2012, 12:49:12 am »

Well I am sorry it doesn't sit well with you and you can call it whatever you want but I will continue to post names on here. Want to call me a bully? I have no problem with being labeled a bully for pointing it out when someone chooses a name like the names that litter this thread. Shame is a part of consequence when you do something wrong. Embarrassment is a part of consequence when you do something wrong. This isn't like me pointing at a kid in the second grade and saying ewww he farted. This is me pointing out someone who blatantly violated the naming rules.

Accusing me of trying to take some high moral ground is a poor assumption that you're making. I've never said that I put names on here because Hunter does not have the time to deal with it. Every time I have ever sent anything to Hunter I have always gotten a response. I put peoples name here because, well if you want to choose an idiotic name lets let everybody see your jackass name. Which by the way you have drawn a lot more light to by insisting that people who violate the naming rules are being cyberbullied when they are called out for violating the naming rules.

Like I said, if you don't want people to stare at you, don't dye your hair pink. I do thank you for the idea on the new avatar though.

Strix

View Profile
« Reply #589 on: May 04, 2012, 03:38:54 am »

I have no problem with being labeled a bully for pointing it out when someone chooses a name like the names that litter this thread.  Shame is a part of consequence when you do something wrong. Embarrassment is a part of consequence when you do something wrong...  I put peoples name here because, well if you want to choose an idiotic name lets let everybody see your jackass name.

I do wonder about these rules Xiggie given your statements above:

PLAY NICE AND DON'T GRIEF
Do not harass players thru actions or words. Let them have their mobs, and don't spam them. If try to ruin the game for others, then you'll be removed from the game.

I appreciate that these rules apply mainly in-game, but there is a sentiment there never-the-less. 

I’m not sure what part of Play Nice fits with:
Shame is a part of consequence when you do something wrong.

And…

Embarrassment is a part of consequence when you do something wrong. 

Statements like these and the one below certainly begin to walk the line of admitting you are going out of your way to “grief” people (regardless of your opinion that they “deserve” it):
I put peoples name here because, well if you want to choose an idiotic name lets let everybody see your jackass name.
And thus the Bullying on your part begins.  So too does a breaking of the rules.  You label the person a “Jackass”.  You claim they are “idiotic” and you are reduced to name calling.  Sorry – what was your point again aside from looking hypocritical? 

If there was a lesson to teach the childish player who named a toon poorly, it’s now being missed as you violate their rights.

As lerxst2112 states:
If Hunter doesn't like a name the banhammer comes down

I agree with you 100% on one front Xiggie:  There needs to be a system whereby we can report breaches of the rules.

I just think we can find a better (less hypocritical) way to do it.  If that’s an email system or Complaints BOT it removes the bullying component out of the equation and makes the process more impartial.  A person breaks the rules and the consequences are fairly straight forward.

As you put it:
… when someones name violates the rules and it is brought to his attention he is not going to spend his time chasing them down and asking them what name the want and what-not. He bans the offensive name, plain and simple.

Let’s make this plain and simple Xiggie.  Remove the ugly thread that serves no purpose in the equation you outline above and stop all the negative feelings that are conjured by attacks and counter-attacks that litter this thread.

BTW - I do apologise if I misquoted you above:
I've never said that I put names on here because Hunter does not have the time to deal with it.
It was taken from your sentence in this post here:
Hunters time is limited.

Final thoughts:
… people who violate the naming rules are being cyberbullied when they are called out for violating the naming rules.

Just as the person who murders the rapist is still a murderer.

Xiggie – we can’t control the children who do the wrong thing in the first instance.  We can only be responsible for our own actions after the fact.  When we “call-out” people for violating the rules we have a number of options presented to us in how to do that.  Choosing to publicly bully (and shame) a person is a cowardly act that is worse than violating a toon naming rule. 

I feel we can do better.
Strix

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #590 on: May 04, 2012, 04:09:21 am »

Did someone hack your account? I thought you had more sense than this. According to what you just said anytime anyone breaks the rules and we report it and/or post it on the forums we are bullying and harassing them. Again according to what you said anytime a journalist reports anything negative about someone they are harassing and bullying them. I am sorry but that is bullshit. It is just fishing for a way to say I am breaking the rules. Trust me, if this was breaking the rules I would have been banned a long long time ago. Saying that I am breaking the rules by posting on the forums about someone else breaking the rules is just plane stupid. Hell by that measure Hunter should have been banned a long time ago for banning people because banning people sure as hell ruins their game. Public shame and embarrassment has long been a consequence of doing something wrong and does not violate anyone's rights. Violated someone's rights for posting a naming violation on the forums? Wtf dude.

There is a way to report rule violations. Send an email to Hunter and post it on the forums. Works pretty well to considering this is the second most popular thread. This thread does serve a purpose. I guarantee you there have been a lot of people who re-thought their toons names based off this thread. Wait a minute, I think I know someone who actually refrained from using a toon that violated the naming policy in part because of this thread... oh yeah, that's right, it's me.

Posting on the forums about someone breaking the rules is cowardly? Wow, there must be a huge amount of cowardly people on this server because again, this the second most popular thread on the forums.  I can't get over how stupid that statement is. That has absolutely nothing to do with anyone's courage or lack thereof. And if it was worse than breaking the naming rules... like I said earlier, I would be banned long long ago.

I have violated, nor even come close to violating no rules by publicly posting how someone has violated the rules.

Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #591 on: May 04, 2012, 05:07:08 am »

Sorry just butting in to this madness!

Either way.. its best to agree to disagree!

coolstory

View Profile
« Reply #592 on: May 04, 2012, 05:16:47 am »

we don't need no like buttons, ya?

~Ferrum and the Elements~
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #593 on: May 04, 2012, 05:47:27 am »

Did someone hack your account? I thought you had more sense than this.

Given what we’re talking about – those two sentences are funny.

According to what you just said anytime anyone breaks the rules and we report it and/or post it on the forums we are bullying and harassing them.  Again according to what you said anytime a journalist reports anything negative about someone they are harassing and bullying them. I am sorry but that is bullshit.

Xiggie – the posts in this thread aren’t just simple innocent reports (like you would see in a newspaper) about someone breaking the rules as you try to suggest.  Occasionally they are, but often they’re images with text of a defamatory nature and then accompanied by a host of people who want to add their two cents.   We get awful personal attacks that look something like this (but in a lot of instances, way worse):

If you honestly believe what you are posting then you are fucking stupid.
...you look like a fool.
Wow, you are such a clueless idiot.
And you must be a middle school drop out.

And the rest of us are meant to passively sit by and watch this unfold.  In fact – if we have an opinion about how disgusting this all looks we put ourselves in the crosshairs.   Hell Xiggie – even suggesting a more decent way to handle this gets your back up and whips you into a frenzy. 

Saying that I am breaking the rules by posting on the forums about someone else breaking the rules is just plane stupid.
Again – if it was a simple matter of reporting a transgression then you would be right.  But the thread stands with vitriolic personal attacks that take it to a whole other level.  We depart from simple reporting (as you suggest) and we enter a darker place.
It’s a place where the dominant voice suggests:
Shame is a part of consequence when you do something wrong. Embarrassment is a part of consequence when you do something wrong.

With an underlying ideology that believes that:
Public shame and embarrassment has long been a consequence of doing something wrong and does not violate anyone's rights.

You’re right when you say:

There is a way to report rule violations. Send an email to Hunter and post it on the forums.

The suggestion is to email Hunter (or create a complaints BOT) and remove posting here on these forums (where the idea of simple reporting inevitably gets twisted and corrupted).

But apparently this idea has no merit because the sport of public shame and embarrassment is “popular” with the server.  And I’m now nuts (“crazy”, not “testicles”) for even having the temerity to suggest that the way we’ve been doing things could do with a review.

Really Xiggie – you were better when you were being honest earlier:
  I have no problem with being labeled a bully

You weren’t trying to downplay anything then or twist perceptions.  I think at this juncture, perhaps Paldail provides the best advice:
... its best to agree to disagree!

Strix

metsu

View Profile
« Reply #594 on: May 04, 2012, 05:59:06 am »

A : Are you nuts ?
B : Do I look like 2 balls in a bag to you ?

So you mean everyone named Dick can go kill themselves ?

Boy : come on pussy ~
Mom : *SLAP*
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #595 on: May 04, 2012, 10:19:04 am »

As Strix says more or less the negativity cheapens us wether it is the action itself or attacking the action. Got a problem? Take it to hunter, leave it off the boards. In my years here, I have never encountered anyone that truly caused me enough greif that I felt the need to post. I think rarely does trouble find you, more like you seek it out. You being not directed at anyone.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #596 on: May 04, 2012, 01:58:35 pm »

Lmfao, every quote you gave of me insulting someone were all insults to people who were not reported on this thread.

Strix I have enjoyed the casual friendship/admiration we have had for each other. So much so that I hope it endures this thread. Agreeing to disagree I think is a really good idea.

Strix

View Profile
« Reply #597 on: May 04, 2012, 04:28:38 pm »

Strix I have enjoyed the casual friendship/admiration we have had for each other. So much so that I hope it endures this thread. Agreeing to disagree I think is a really good idea.

Likewise my friend Smiley

Strix

PS - still don't like this thread but  Tongue

metsu

View Profile
« Reply #598 on: May 07, 2012, 10:34:35 pm »

EZ Server is already a small community. Xiggie, if you wan do good stuff for the server, you should be getting more ppl into the server and not getting ppl out of the server by bringing up small issues like bad names, unless they are really bad.

so if can answer me, Does everyone who called Dick just because daddy thinks that his boy looks like a penis ?
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #599 on: May 07, 2012, 10:43:32 pm »

I have been playing on this server for four years or so. I have seen the naming policy relaxed at this time or that and I have seen the lower maturity level that it brings with it. If a name gets banned it is not because I dislike it, it is because it violates the naming policy that HUNTER put in place. Coming up with inventive ways to try to circumvent the naming policy is not going to earn you cool points, it will just earn you a ban. As for server population, this server has the highest average population of any of the custom servers. You assume that allowing people to name their toons whatever they want would increase our numbers, I have seen the opposite.

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 ... 49
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 282