Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 10:04:47 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: New players?  (Read 31484 times)
Secrets

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2010, 06:43:05 am »

Actually, i'll agree with the OP here. While it may be encouraging grouping, the flaw of a tier based system is backflagging people for all the tiers. It makes the rich get richer, and the newer players not have any chance at competing, nor is there any incentive for older players to hang out in the previous tier zones.

There is a simple fix to this concept rather than working around it and making everything soloable; add an incentive for older players to come back and help newer players. An example would be having LDON points drop if a player's groupmate is not flagged for any of the LDON content, but previously said player is. I could code something like this in perl if it were wanted. It's the flaw and what turns me off from most custom servers these days. You can't solo everything and the rich get richer. And if your friends quit or stop playing as much? You get bored and /ex out.

The OP makes a valid point and i'm sure if anyone has more suggestions than I do, you should speak up instead of saying 'lol qq ask for help'
PORTIS

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2010, 07:02:42 am »

I like that idea but if a high end player just creates a 70 alt to run through with him totally unflagged you are back to square one. Is there a way to make this, they get points if the unflagged person they are helping is,
from a different IP,
Has to start from floor one and end on 6
is done as part of working towards 2.0 ie; can only be done once, pages must be looted by this person and the pages initiate the points but once done cannot be re done.

Anything to prevent a rinse and repeat process with the same char or alt.
robpickles

Official Lurker of EZ Server

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2010, 07:33:22 am »

I don't know if anyone read my other post, suggesting the spot in SFG to be the unofficial LFG help spot.

Here is the msg:

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=339.msg3488#msg3488

This would be a great way to get people together for new players to get help and veteran players to help out those in need.

Incentives are always nice I agree, and might make this even more attractive to the vets, but it is also nice just to help out once in a while.

Think about it guys....It would make things a lot nicer in game and maybe weed out some of the jerks who come on and make trouble if we were all a little more social.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 07:42:04 am by robpickles » Logged

Rob Smiley
zolton32

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2010, 08:18:37 am »

I would suggest making the mobs drop double their loot. This way it will make it much more usefull for players to group up for certain tasks. such as 2 qvic tokens would give those running alts through a reason to allow a new person to tag along to get the tokens and gear. Same would be nice for pages and epic books as well as fighter/caster guild quests. It would give an incentive for new players to group as well as both benefit if the drop comes. i read that a while back hunter did this as an event? Doing it permanent then double double loot as an event (4 drops at a time) would really give a huge reason to group up.

Although some incentive for veterans to help out new players as well would be great as well. i have met many players that helped me out with nothing to benefit them but my thanks. and it be nice that they get something as well. there is an engine i know of in another game (fiesta) that utilizes a system that higher level players can get a deciple (lower leveled player) and the new player gets rewards for every so many levels they gain (gear and such) and there is a chat system that links them (so the new player can ask questions). And the veteran is rewarded with gear/cash as well. Not sure if its plausible to do here but something similar would be awsome.

Balthor

Vote for Pedro

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2010, 08:21:39 am »

I really want to tell the OP to gfo but I do not think they would get the picture. Just as they do not seem to grasp the way of the world.

Either go make friends or box the shit your self and stop crying. I can tell you to fuck off as I spent a couple solid months hand feeding new players 2.0/3.0/T1/T2 and the required shit to get all of that.

I go away for a few weeks and come back to see a new crop of people with no fucking clue.

wtb a sticky thread that reads "Rules of EMU-EQ"
(1) Make Friends and group to beat content.
(2) You fail at friends? Box shit.
(3) You say you can not box? WhataFaggot, Get a new computer.
(4) Shut the fuck up already.
robpickles

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2010, 08:21:44 am »

I would suggest making the mobs drop double their loot. This way it will make it much more usefull for players to group up for certain tasks.

See..in my mind...this just makes them think this is an easier way to gear your alts.  If they are waiting for 6 plate legs to drop, and they get 2 at once, do you really think the new player is going to get one?

Rob Smiley
robpickles

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2010, 08:24:53 am »

I really want to tell the OP to gfo but I do not think they would get the picture. Just as they do not seem to grasp the way of the world.

Either go make friends or box the shit your self and stop crying. I can tell you to fuck off as I spent a couple solid months hand feeding new players 2.0/3.0/T1/T2 and the required shit to get all of that.

I go away for a few weeks and come back to see a new crop of people with no fucking clue.

Cmon...is that really necessary?  The guy is allowed to have an opinion - as are you.  But I do not see a reason to curse him out.

Rob Smiley
zolton32

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2010, 08:29:50 am »

I am certainly glad that i have only ran into a few players that behave in this fashion. Although this is the most extreme i have met. And none of them have ever acted this mean towards me and other players. But you can bet that this person if acting this way in game would quickly make my ignore list which generally has 0 people >_<

kaizen

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2010, 10:03:23 am »

umm wow

seriously?
expecting to have 3.0 toons and awesome gear within 2 weeks

this is EZserver but you have to put some effort in

here's a suggestion.. join Last Stand guild.. they will teach you how to loot rots like a professional

also have some fun.. this game is free
maybe help someone with 1.5 pages or with Quillmane/Terror.. good deeds some times return 10 fold (read that somewhere)
robpickles

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2010, 10:05:26 am »

maybe help someone with 1.5 pages or with Quillmane/Terror.. good deeds some times return 10 fold (read that somewhere)

I like the way you think....  Grin

Rob Smiley
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2010, 10:38:46 am »

This. Very much this.

How in the holy hell do you think i got to where i am? Am i top of the line? No. but i'm not a pushover that's for damn sure. Femme did most of it with me i won't lie but i got numerous things in return for all the help i gave other people. Just gotta be nice to people. Also this isn't WoW where logging in is like the ultimate cheat code, handouts don't exist in this game (from players maybe but from the game itself no they do not.) you gotta put some serious elbow grease into it or find someone or multiple someones to help you Tongue

Also play a female character with a female name. It's a fact that people are more likely to help the cute dark elf than the fat ogre. I learned that the... interesting way XD

Ok ignore that last part Tongue but in all seriousness offer help where you can, even if you get the ever living shit kicked out of you at least you tried and people respect that. Also realize people here tend to respect self-sufficiency. They like it when you try again and again and then (if they know you're trying) they'll come out of the woodwork and offer assistance without being asked.

Blood of the Akkadian
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2010, 10:42:37 am »

This is true though, as much as you may dislike it.
People who have been here for weeks, months, years,etc.. hear this kind of stuff often.

EZ is where it is today becayuse of boxers. Its in the perferred server list because of boxers, people creating huge groups and guilds by themself. Because of this reality more stuff is made and implemented catering more to that which has helped the server out.

New people come and go, some stay and conform to what it takes to survive on EZ. You mentioned Spikez, who is one of my guildies. He is an amazing person, and often plays solo. How does he survive? Or rather accel? He met people who were like minded, grouped together (boxers or not) and joined our guild. Often is someone sees you struggling, but not complaining to much and are not asking to be spoon fed everything they will help. If you arent complete bitch about stuff they have no problem with maybe droping a box from time to time to bring you along (not talking about you in specific bud, dont think im targetting you or anything).

There are more than a few people on the forums alone i help out when i can. PoTimea runs, help lvling characters, all that. Im not, however, about to cut into my time and stress myself to help someone who refuses to help themself. Why would i run Qvic for someone who has nothing to offer and can only solo? So they go to T1/ T2 and beg? I dont need vultures over my camps.

Again, i'd like to mention Shards of Dalaya. Limit 2 boxs, not on EQEmu so im sure you havent tried it. Lots of custom stuff, been around for years. Well established if you can handle retarded GMs from time to time.

I stay because i have a retarded awesome computer, so i am able to box. I have a guild because i like to socialize. We help eachother. Some struggle more than others, so we pick them up. All are useful members, but that comes with good management. Weeding out the weak/ bad/ whiny/ begging players and kicking them

Call me an elitest if you want, just my 2 GP (cause its much more than cp with of text)

PORTIS

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2010, 10:56:10 am »

Can i just say somebody posted this quite recently

Ok, So i started playing here on this server just a few days ago, and i seem to b running into trouble, and as some of the system messages say, ask fellow players in the game and they will help, but that is a lie! just today ive sat and asked for almost an hour n a half for some help getting the pages for the 1.5 and since i cannot box, i find this unfair that i am not able to recieve help, because others would rather be tools and play with themselves. how is 1 expected to get good and be able to withstand the forces of this server if he or she cant get started. what am i suppose 2 do? i just find this totally unfair, some poeple are playing with full parties of themselves n themselves only n wont lift a finger to help a noob. that is rather BS! what can b done about this?

Now I think Zolton has raised a valid point, maybe not what you want to hear but you are comparing this with your experiences not his and he is really just asking for help.

The post I linked the guy called people tools and said this was BS and has only been here a couple of days, he got greeted with Sure ill help and /t me in game and ill hook you up.. Am i missing a crucial point?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 10:58:16 am by PORTIS » Logged
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2010, 11:03:06 am »

Also play a female character with a female name. It's a fact that people are more likely to help the cute dark elf than the fat ogre. I learned that the... interesting way XD

Lol, yeah.... just.... yeah haha oh Dany. You make me laugh

zolton32

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2010, 11:24:41 am »

This. Very much this.

How in the holy hell do you think i got to where i am? Am i top of the line? No. but i'm not a pushover that's for damn sure. Femme did most of it with me i won't lie but i got numerous things in return for all the help i gave other people. Just gotta be nice to people. Also this isn't WoW where logging in is like the ultimate cheat code, handouts don't exist in this game (from players maybe but from the game itself no they do not.) you gotta put some serious elbow grease into it or find someone or multiple someones to help you Tongue

Ok ignore that last part Tongue but in all seriousness offer help where you can, even if you get the ever living shit kicked out of you at least you tried and people respect that. Also realize people here tend to respect self-sufficiency. They like it when you try again and again and then (if they know you're trying) they'll come out of the woodwork and offer assistance without being asked.

Yeah and dany you helped me out in game and we had fun if you remember Rhianna my ranger lol If you remember you helped me out a bit with my 1.5's by helping me kill dragon slave. I killed all the other bosses by making a mage to help me get the pages in potime but mage epic 2.5 pet is just no match for dragon slave >_< and i boxed my way through ldon and got all 8 of the first pages of 2.0 soloing and repeated that 3 times and just got rotting pages in ldon 6.

Thats where i met Allizia that i helped to coh with my mage while they looted charm drops (i have the luck of the irish with charm drops for some odd reason /shrug) and they helped me out by letting my ranger have the page rotts. So i have and do try to do things myself if its at all possible.And only generally asked for help with things i could not do alone such as 1.5 epic book and dragon slave and mow. FG and 2.5 and every other thing i could do myself i did so without complaints.

And each time a person helped me out i thanked them repeatedly as well as told them how much i apreciated their help. I'd much rather work at some thing and if its possible for me to work towards it without help i do so. Like tonight i could not get a group to invite me so i instead asked to follow a group that was after gear and not tokens and asked to follow them in and loot the rotting tokens.

That left me with 5 left to do i then tried to get a group going to do ldon when that fell through i talked to the next group coming in and followed them and looted the 5 last tokens i needed that were rotting. i even lucked into 4 pieces of qvic ranger armor that were going to rott (head arms 1 wrist and gloves). So if i can do things myself i do. I don't just sit around begging hoping some one else would do all the work for me.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 108
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)