Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2024, 07:44:25 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12
Print
Author Topic: T10 Thoughts/Musings  (Read 76276 times)
Bigoh

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 07, 2015, 11:39:32 am »

He said "it seems you wanted" so reposting a quote makes no sense
Kardthe

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 07, 2015, 11:47:02 am »

I like a lot of the ideas posted regrading making content hard, but to me there is a difference between "hard" and "PITA."

Examples:  

Hard:  Mobs that hit like a truck, bosses that have scripts that need to be followed, Big AoE dots that need cured or you die, dps checks like I mentioned before, ie you don't burn boss down fast enough.... BOOM.

PITA:  No safe spots to pull to, buffs getting stripped (yah, it would make it hard, but also be so annoying to have to rebuff after the 100th time... and /cry about xp mask buff lol), time constraints (ie clear all mobs before they repop to get spawn), FU Deathtouch type mechanics that are gonna kill a toon every time, no matter what, etc.

I'd like to see the new content be as hard as hell, but on the merits of the mob difficulty, not annoying gimmicks.  I want T10 to take a long time to complete.... otherwise I'm going to have nothing to work for after a few more months.

I'm not a "low time" player... I play a lot... but often have to do it in shorter bursts... ie I don't always have a 4 hour block of time to work a zone.... but I might have a 10 hour time in which i can actually play 5 hours for example...  I do need to AFK, I have kids, work, etc.  I'm fine putting in however much time I need to in order to advance... but like I said before, I like to be able to do it in chunks smaller than 4 hour blocks.  As perspective, I have 15 at T10, working on 3rd UC3, UWVIII on tank (and closing in on the last three... where are you LP mini? Tongue), RoA over 800, max SoA, etc.  I started around 17 months ago.

Anyway.... my 2cp
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 07, 2015, 11:53:16 am »

He said "it seems you are asking for", and I've never asked for or inferred that I wanted scaled down mobs so I'm asking for clarity on what he meant.  What makes no sense is posting a post that says a misquoted quote makes no sense.
Woodee

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 07, 2015, 12:03:04 pm »

Just an FYI Napo, I rarely group up with Skyye. I am more likely to group up with Ugazel, Dim Krink or one of the others.
And most time I run my 6-8 toons alone in an instance, because if I get around you ppl running 24 toons, it lags me out hardcore.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 07, 2015, 12:12:23 pm »

And with this in mind.....man, I cant believe I am saying this, and I know I am gonna get attacked for it....but we really need to revisit Drake, or at least find ways to have mobs get around it in cutting edge content. Its still too powerful.

You aren't alone. I've been working through some things for casters, both as part of the DPS changes and to address other issues (not working or, in Drake's case, always working too well).

It won't be a sudden "Drake got nerfed lol" post on forums, but it will be VERY clearly stated how/why it was changed. It is extremely powerful with 80-90% up time. I am likely going to slightly lower healing on lowest rank and fairly lower healing on highest rank, as well as extend cooldown significantly. Regardless though, that's outside the scope of this thread and won't be addressed for another week or so. :-)

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 07, 2015, 12:16:27 pm »

done
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 12:25:22 pm by rent » Logged

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 07, 2015, 12:34:20 pm »

Dim I honestly can't remember what I was trying to say or the point I was trying to make. Short nights long days bad posts. I apologize

Keeze
Darinow

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 07, 2015, 12:37:03 pm »

Just like to point out that not too many have called for a Drake nerf, and the only ones that have are conveniently already at the end of the game..or extremely close to it.  Bet there wasn't hardly a peep out of anyone when they were in t6/7...just sayin.  Roll em all back to that point after drake "adjustments" and see how quiet everything stays = 3
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 07, 2015, 12:40:49 pm »

Lowering the healing amount will still make the druid useful, but if the recast delay is increased that class will be far better filled by another slot.  Drake is quite strong right now.  This is a UW style discussion to be had.  If it is going to be tweaked, perhaps some other useful mechanic can take it's place.  I would certainly be ok with the healing amounts being reduced, instead of gutting the main use of that class.
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 07, 2015, 12:49:21 pm »

And with this in mind.....man, I cant believe I am saying this, and I know I am gonna get attacked for it....but we really need to revisit Drake, or at least find ways to have mobs get around it in cutting edge content. Its still too powerful.

You aren't alone. I've been working through some things for casters, both as part of the DPS changes and to address other issues (not working or, in Drake's case, always working too well).

It won't be a sudden "Drake got nerfed lol" post on forums, but it will be VERY clearly stated how/why it was changed. It is extremely powerful with 80-90% up time. I am likely going to slightly lower healing on lowest rank and fairly lower healing on highest rank, as well as extend cooldown significantly. Regardless though, that's outside the scope of this thread and won't be addressed for another week or so. :-)

-Hate

Seems.it would serve better to reduce the 100 percent proc rate down to like 85% instead if the massive overhaul to spell that everyone will QQ about later because the druid will be useless again.

I dont really use drake but there are a fair amount of newer players who only run dru as a healer. switching to a longer cool down could put them at a hold. Adding a lower % to proc and/or a limit counter seems more efficient without severely damaging the spell.

Drastic changes like what you suggest really deter people from playing on this server and we want to increase not decrease.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 05:25:51 pm by ishallnotdie » Logged
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 07, 2015, 01:39:39 pm »

Darinow, don't kid yourself...the content is doable without Drake, it's just not going to be an automatic-as-long-as-it-lands-I-can't-die situation.  And yes, a lot of people weren't bitching about Drake back when they were in T6/T7 because it didn't exist at that time.  Drake originally had a hit counter attatched to it, so after X number of hits it would fade while it had the 30 second lockout timer.  Now it's a 30 second recast, 30 second duration nearly permaheal, no hit limit so it's great for pulling massive trains.  I don't care if Drake is altered or not, either way it isn't going to change the ability to play in current content but if we're talking about keeping T10 difficult, Drake in it's current state would pretty much trivialize melee dmg as it does in every other tier.

Oh, and as far as rolling people back to T6/7...go ahead, it's still going to end up being the same people in the end game regardless.

Darinow

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 07, 2015, 02:01:06 pm »

Darinow, don't kid yourself...the content is doable without Drake, it's just not going to be an automatic-as-long-as-it-lands-I-can't-die situation.  And yes, a lot of people weren't bitching about Drake back when they were in T6/T7 because it didn't exist at that time.  Drake originally had a hit counter attatched to it, so after X number of hits it would fade while it had the 30 second lockout timer.  Now it's a 30 second recast, 30 second duration nearly permaheal, no hit limit so it's great for pulling massive trains.  I don't care if Drake is altered or not, either way it isn't going to change the ability to play in current content but if we're talking about keeping T10 difficult, Drake in it's current state would pretty much trivialize melee dmg as it does in every other tier.

Oh, and as far as rolling people back to T6/7...go ahead, it's still going to end up being the same people in the end game regardless.

Never said it isn't doable...I did content before druids became more than PL puppets, and will do it after.  Just saying this feels a lot like kids in class getting hold of a cheat sheet, then the first one to finish the test using it tells the teacher that everyone else is using it before they finish.
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 07, 2015, 02:04:26 pm »

Darinow, don't kid yourself...the content is doable without Drake, it's just not going to be an automatic-as-long-as-it-lands-I-can't-die situation.  And yes, a lot of people weren't bitching about Drake back when they were in T6/T7 because it didn't exist at that time.  Drake originally had a hit counter attatched to it, so after X number of hits it would fade while it had the 30 second lockout timer.  Now it's a 30 second recast, 30 second duration nearly permaheal, no hit limit so it's great for pulling massive trains.  I don't care if Drake is altered or not, either way it isn't going to change the ability to play in current content but if we're talking about keeping T10 difficult, Drake in it's current state would pretty much trivialize melee dmg as it does in every other tier.

Never said it isn't doable...I did content before druids became more than PL puppets, and will do it after.  Just saying this feels a lot like kids in class getting hold of a cheat sheet, then the first one to finish the test using it tells the teacher that everyone else is using it before they finish.

yep

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 07, 2015, 02:09:00 pm »

Thanks Rent. No disrespect or irritation intended, just making note.

I guess it's only fair that I throw in my perspectives as a player when warriors were the only tanks, clerics were the only healers, and Anger Augs were the only DPS.

I started with my single wizard, Hateborne. My brother played his classic dwarf warrior named Majuen. We immediately grabbed our epics, had our nostalgia "woaaaaaah" moment, and started our shenanigans. We finally got to LDON and had a hell of a time with a solo warrior and solo wizard. We got to QVIC, brother quit and I continued. I was having a hell of a time using a 5 second cast and dealing pitiful damage. I ended up caving in and starting a shadowknight because I wanted something different than the warrior train. In addition, I knew I would need heals so I started a druid with it. The regeneration plus the direct healing was OK at that point. Fast forward a bit, I finished QVIC and entered Plane of Dragons. It was HARD, the poison was MEAN, and I could not heal and cleanse enough while tanking and nuking (I had not adopted MQ2 yet). I got lazy and added in a bard and rogue at this point. With my WIZ, SK, DRU, CLR, BRD, ROG group...I did fairly well considering it was still all manual. Got to T2 without much difficulty. Kronos was horrifying though. It was basically me juggling disciplines and hoping I didn't get one rounded. I never was able to kill Kronos without being 1 rounded until I had T3 and T4 gear on my Shadow Knight.

Enter HoH, I was competent enough to hold my own but I was limited to 1-3 per pull due to no AoE and no Stonewall. My DPS was stupid low and I was landing 1 in 5 spells due to the massive amount of resists (which can be found in some of my SUPER early posts). I decided to back to get my UC at this point as I figured I would need it for Airplane from what I kept hearing the high ends (Gnomi, "He who is not worthy of a name", Fugitive, Xiggie, and a few others that have quit or been banned). I got about 2/3 of the way through on my SK in addition to getting RoA 100 on my Wizard (mainly to piss off "He who is not worthy of a name" and to prove it could be done) when I found a huge exploit that allowed pet owners to keep their pets when deleveling. I was, surprisingly, given a UC for the report and details on how to fix it. I gave it to my SK, despite being 2/3 of the way done, and found that I could pull up to 6 giants in HoH safely now and my DPS went up a lil bit. I gathered tokens as I could, chased Shadow, and continued farming up cash in HoH. As I got to fighting in Airplane, I realized that I NEEDED other people to make it faster. At this point, I had purchased rights to loot Yamakagi's for my wizard and it still wasn't enough. I ended up busting my ass to get Hate's UC and ended up doing well enough.

Enter T5, shit hit the fan. I was dying left and round to bosses. Extra pulls that I could root and run away from ended in wipes. Bosses were like Kronos in the 'hold-my-breath-waiting-for-one-round-death' sense. It was fun, but frustrating a shit to die, get my goobers back into public, find my mob being murdered by another with "lol public zone" being shouted. At this point, I got involved heavily into looking at spells, effects, and database. I approached Hunter about creating some spells and what-not. He was kind of "uh yeah sure" in the belief I might give him some half-ass bits. Two or three weeks later, the first ~140 spells were handed to him and made live a month later. With the minor stonewall for SKs and the variety of new spells/buffs, I was able to slowly work through T5 and get all of my bosses except four. It was hard, it was scary, but it was felt GREAT when I finally finished T5 with my crew.

Approaching T6, I was much less amused. It wasn't really harder as I got in, it was just VERY monotonous and tedious. It pretty much required a large chunk of time to clear it in one or two sittings relatively close to each other. I never really finished T6 as I had changed up my lineup in T5, was back gearing them, and became too involved with adding/correcting things than I did actually playing. My main group all had their 6.0s (but I couldn't kill OMM without help due to lack of a REAL stonewall).

My fondest memories were carefully working through EZ's LDON dungeons, risking life and limb to pull the tunnel bosses in QVIC in two pulls, the general look/feel of Plane of Dragons, fighting Kronos and expecting death at any moment, chasing Shadow around in HoH (public zone), and the sheer expansiveness of Abyss and the tasks associated.

T7 was never truly played by me as a player. T8 was only something I heard and read about. T9 was obviously readjusted as he left it in pure beta-test mode with "lolf**kyou" damage/regen in place.

As mentioned in this thread before, the UW has effectively fractured the server and made content balancing impossible. Even with the scaled down HP, it's still a VERY significant difference from those without. As Love and I get closer to the testing phase, we'll become more vocal and revealing about the way the content is scaled...but for now we're still going to be VERY tight-lipped about it.

PLEASE keep this thread going. It's great!

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 07, 2015, 02:10:09 pm »

Darinow, don't kid yourself...the content is doable without Drake, it's just not going to be an automatic-as-long-as-it-lands-I-can't-die situation.  And yes, a lot of people weren't bitching about Drake back when they were in T6/T7 because it didn't exist at that time.  Drake originally had a hit counter attatched to it, so after X number of hits it would fade while it had the 30 second lockout timer.  Now it's a 30 second recast, 30 second duration nearly permaheal, no hit limit so it's great for pulling massive trains.  I don't care if Drake is altered or not, either way it isn't going to change the ability to play in current content but if we're talking about keeping T10 difficult, Drake in it's current state would pretty much trivialize melee dmg as it does in every other tier.

yep

Yep

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 260