Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 05, 2024, 09:51:40 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9
Print
Author Topic: T7 Discussion (Merged)  (Read 49521 times)
Poker-ecaf

i found my true love ! ( EZ 4ever )

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2013, 06:00:24 pm »

cant see on Universal Teleporter the new T7 zone btw. what the command to direct teleported !

Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2013, 08:11:14 am »

I understand that you have said you are finished discussing this, but I want to make one last plea with what I hope is a clear explanation.

Up to this point there have been 3 types of Strike Aug users.  FS users (3 X FS aug), IS users (3 X IS aug), and NS users (1 NS and 2 IS augs).  Each and every one of us has spent a lot of hours farming materials and plat to equip all of our toons based on this formula.

What I am asking you to consider is making 3 new Strike Augs based on what has been historically the path people have followed.  The FS9 and IS9 augs you have created are awesome.  What I would like to see is a change to the NS9 aug where the combine is NS8 + IS8 + IS8 + 2 Essence + 2 SLS = NS9.  What this would do is allow people, who have put hundreds of hours into gearing their toons, the chance to use that time and the resulting gear towards the new gear.

I don't want to see 32 different recipes to allow people to mash together any sort of strike aug to create a new hybrid.  I would just like to see the 3 aug layouts that have been used all along continue into T7.

The current recipes which include 3 X NS8 to make an NS9 will force every player to farm for weeks to collect mats to create 4 new NS8 augs for each melee toon, while leaving them with 4 IS8 augs per melee toon rotting in the bank.

I am sorry if this seems like nagging at you, I just wanted to be clear that I was never asking for you to do more work in creating recipes, only that you approach the 3 new recipes in a way that allows us to use the gear we have developed over the years.

Thanks,

Brokyn

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Venia

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2013, 09:02:32 am »

I apologise Hunter, dont mean to sound complaining, its your call in the end, but what players above have asked about the IX NS's recipe only seems fair..

We have been using 2 Icestrikes and 1 Ninja per weapon since augs created for monks,rangers,rogues,bsts,bards.... that's a big chunk on how groups are composed atm, it will be 4 extra NS  per char and will require a lot of millions vs the Firestrike /icestrike classes recipe's to upgrade augs....
I do think 1NS + 2IS + t7 essence+ SLS for IX NS would be the smoothest for changing

If for logistic reasons Hunter wants to keep the recipe simple i understand, and im sorry i cant help, no idea about coding, any other player maybe that could help if boss agree's to the general idea of keeping augs required per class as it is ?

/Enosis

« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 09:05:44 am by Venia » Logged
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2013, 11:48:03 am »

This setup for the NS9 aug would make life much easier for those using Dual wielding classes.

NS8 x1
IS8 x 2
SLS x 2
Loping ess x2
Blue Diamond x2

Otherwise its gonna cost those players a huge amount of plat to farm 4 extra NS8s per dual wielding class. Since they already payed a lot of money for their current setup.

This would be an awesome tweak if you were able to change this. Would make life much easier for those who use any class that dual wields!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 12:14:55 pm by Paldail » Logged

Aggressive

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2013, 01:21:28 pm »

Forgive me if my math is incorrect, but
x2 ISVIII + NSVIII = 105.k dmg
x3 NSVIII = 187.5k dmg
The new Aug is 225k DMG

If he did change the recipe to x2 IS + NS + all the other stuff the dmg of the aug would have to come down.

It will be along time before I see x3 of any VIII aug, but I think the recipe is fine as is. You're not losing any damage if you take a NSVIII off another toon to make an IX. Yes you do have to farm more essences + plat, but you're going to gain dps.
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2013, 03:13:41 pm »

It is the cost of creating 4x more NS augs per characters and having 4x IS that may end up going to waste.
Not many people buy IS and I honestly think only a couple warriors other then me aug out their swords with dps in mind.
Thus you are going to see a large number of IS augs sitting in banks and that is a waste of millions of pp and essences and sls while millions more of pp, essences and sls are spent on crafting NS augs.

Pretty discouraging even for those that can farm decent pp.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2013, 04:11:36 pm »

This setup for the NS9 aug would make life much easier for those using Dual wielding classes.

NS8 x1
IS8 x 2
SLS x 2
Loping ess x2
Blue Diamond x2

+1 for this!!!

Brokyn

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2013, 04:13:51 pm »

Forgive me if my math is incorrect, but
x2 ISVIII + NSVIII = 105.k dmg
x3 NSVIII = 187.5k dmg
The new Aug is 225k DMG

If he did change the recipe to x2 IS + NS + all the other stuff the dmg of the aug would have to come down.

It will be along time before I see x3 of any VIII aug, but I think the recipe is fine as is. You're not losing any damage if you take a NSVIII off another toon to make an IX. Yes you do have to farm more essences + plat, but you're going to gain dps.

It's not about the damage output, it's the fact that everyone has invested hundreds of hours getting 1 NS and 2 IS augs for each weapon for all of their dual wielding characters.  This change would lower the damage of an NS9, yes, but it would make NS9 accessible without wasting the hundreds of hours invested in the way the system has always been since the introduction of strike augs.

Aggressive

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2013, 04:17:19 pm »

I can understand the pain seeing how expensive VIII augs are. Would it be possible to add this recipe?

Icestrike VIII + Icestrike VIII + Blue Diamond Ore (X2) = Ninjastrike VIII

I added in the extra ore because it would technically be cheaper to go the Icestrike route without an added cost. This way it makes up the difference (slightly more expensive I think 100k). As with anything though, it would be up to the bossman.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2013, 04:22:41 pm »

That could be a good compromise.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2013, 04:26:08 pm »

that would only give you 2 ns viii's, not the three needed for the recipe
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2013, 04:32:53 pm »

What about the plat to DPS ratio? You'll end up getting more DPS when finished.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2013, 04:47:20 pm »

What about the plat to DPS ratio? You'll end up getting more DPS when finished.

I'd need to spend an extra  62,400,000 plat to upgrade my 4 toons the way it is currently  just to get them the extra rank 8s

With the other idea of IS8s to NS8s I'd still be paying over 30million to for 1 tier of augs lol

If the requirements for the new NS8s were lowered I'd even say lower the damage ... because the way they are currently are an INSANE boost in damage.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 04:52:39 pm by Paldail » Logged

Brokyn

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2013, 04:56:51 pm »

I appreciate the idea of the compromise to some degree.  I am just wondering about the long term effects.

Everyone pre-T7 still has to have 1 NS and 2 IS augs in their weapons, then come T7 everything changes...

It would be the smoothest transition if the NS9 Aug recipe used what everyone has been farming all along.  It's only one recipe, not looking for a long laundry list of possible combinations.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2013, 04:59:28 pm »

You don't have to use a Ninjastrike IX, you could use Icestrike IX.

Overthere mob now drops 500k pp gem to sell, which should help.

DPS isn't free.

If you are 6 boxing, then mix n match your Augs to give yourself 2 NS IX and 4 IS IX.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 246
  • Online Ever: 8678